Film Reviews - what have you seen lately, what did you think?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't think it was bad...i liked the earlier seasons but i didn't mind the last couple. The last episode i thought sucked.

I guess my only complaint was the ridiculousness of his lies never catching up to him
All I have to say is:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last two films we've seen are La La Land and Fences, both are deserving of the accolades. La La Land is the best film I've seen this year.
I might watch this because the leftist crowd is tearing it a new azzhole. :)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've known you for how many years and didn't know you hadn't watched this show???

Started out so promising and then completely went to crap, the last couple of seasons really sucked.
I agree. I watched a couple seasons then i couldn't even watch the rest. It got crappy.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rented Sully - great story, good movie - I had no idea the NTSB tried to make him a scapegoat for not trying to return to Laguardia. Though not an earth shattering performance, I thought Hanks did a really good job. Sully, the man, rocks!

Watched LaLaLand at the theater Saturday night - we had intended to go see Hidden Figures, but yours truly got the times messed up, so we ended up in LaLaLand. :lol: Though not my type of movie, it was entertainment well done and a good story.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rented Sully - great story, good movie - I had no idea the NTSB tried to make him a scapegoat for not trying to return to Laguardia. Though not an earth shattering performance, I thought Hanks did a really good job. Sully, the man, rocks!

Watched LaLaLand at the theater Saturday night - we had intended to go see Hidden Figures, but yours truly got the times messed up, so we ended up in LaLaLand. Though not my type of movie, it was entertainment well done and a good story.
I'm pretty sure the ntsb part was largely made up/exaggerated for dramatic effect

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Took the wife and stepdaughter to see The Founder.
Now my stepdaughter hates McDonald's :rotfl:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure the ntsb part was largely made up/exaggerated for dramatic effect
If so, they make the NTSB look pretty shady in their actions. I'm sure they weren't too happy about that aspect of the movie.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If so, they make the NTSB look pretty shady in their actions. I'm sure they weren't too happy about that aspect of the movie.
I saw that movie opening night and thought the same so i went to read the background on it and they had to male some type of enemy for dramatic effect and the main NTSB guy was fictional as was most of that part of the movie. I believe i did read that the actual NTSB investigators were really upset. Is kind of like what Eastwood did with American sniper...created a villain that didn't really exist.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seen a few of movies lately:
Star Trek Beyond - not so good
The Lobster - weird
Trolls - cute and funny
Jungle Book - entertaining, with little twists here and there on the original story - best of the 4 listed here

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
13 Hours (Benghazi story)

Finally got to watch it, based on recommendations from gatorchatter. Unfortunately, my viewing was done in 10min bites over the course of 5 days, intermingeled with kids doing rehearsal for Lion King musical. Not optimal, no.

It's been awhile since I'd watched a 'war movie', but I liked this one. Plenty of Michael Bay explosions, but also some characters they made you care about. I realize most folks point to how the movie highlights the Gov't letting these guys down - and that's a major message, along with how hard these guys fought to keep people alive. I took less of a political message from it, and more of a reality message - be careful how you deal with other countries, because push comes to shove you CAN die. I'd recommend it, but by now I think all who wanted to see it would have - I just had the chance as I'm trying out Amazon Prime. I'd recommend it, but it's not a date night movie at all - definitely, not a comedy.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
13 Hours (Benghazi story)

Finally got to watch it, based on recommendations from gatorchatter. Unfortunately, my viewing was done in 10min bites over the course of 5 days, intermingeled with kids doing rehearsal for Lion King musical. Not optimal, no.

It's been awhile since I'd watched a 'war movie', but I liked this one. Plenty of Michael Bay explosions, but also some characters they made you care about. I realize most folks point to how the movie highlights the Gov't letting these guys down - and that's a major message, along with how hard these guys fought to keep people alive. I took less of a political message from it, and more of a reality message - be careful how you deal with other countries, because push comes to shove you CAN die. I'd recommend it, but by now I think all who wanted to see it would have - I just had the chance as I'm trying out Amazon Prime. I'd recommend it, but it's not a date night movie at all - definitely, not a comedy.
We have Prime and have been eyeballing that movie since it is free - maybe I can convince the wife to watch it this weekend.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watched Into the Wild last night on SQ's recommendation. Came out 10 years ago, but it's an extremely well-made film about the guy in the early 90's who decided, after graduating college, to go all survivor mode in the Alaskan wilderness and died.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watched Into the Wild last night on SQ's recommendation. Came out 10 years ago, but it's an extremely well-made film about the guy in the early 90's who decided, after graduating college, to go all survivor mode in the Alaskan wilderness and died.
Late to the party, eh?
All-survivor mode, not. :lol:
That dude (McCandless (sp?)) had no business going to Alaska to do what he did. Sure, you can hobo around the SW with minimal provisions, but Alaska's a different beast all-together. He just didn't have the training to survive in that wilderness.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
London Has Fallen was decent. However, I kept having this creep into my mind during the movie....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.