Film Reviews - what have you seen lately, what did you think?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I watched mad max the other night. That was garbage.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fast and Furious is awesome. Hot cars and hot women.
This is why F&F movies will always be popular, the lowest common denominator will pay $18 to go see 90 minutes of horrific movie making just to look at cars and women when they could easily stay home and Google them for free.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is why F&F movies will always be popular, the lowest common denominator will pay $18 to go see 90 minutes of horrific movie making just to look at cars and women when they could easily stay home and Google them for free.
Netflix b!tch

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
F&F movies have been great if that's what you're looking for. Dropping cars out of planes, driving tanks, a wedge car for flipping others. Love 'em. Not looking for anything meaningful, it's perfect.

Annabell e (2014)

Horror flick about a doll haunting someone per most people's take, but I like horror so I gave it a whirl. The story isn't deep, but it is complete. What really stood out to me is how well the wardrobe and sets so perfectly reflected the 70's and 80's. That level of detail was really, really appreciated and helped set the tone for the film. The second best thing was the suspense. In an age when there have been uncountable horror films, I have to give credit to the director, cinematographer, and music director as they combined for some really intense moments. Sometime they'd build to a :meh:, and sometimes to a :expected-that:, but it was nearly always a good build up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
you're just a dreadful person, no wonder your wife tokes so much.
If by tokes so much you mean once a year (if that), then yes. But I'm glad you need to pay to look at cars and women. It keeps the economy moving.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Apparently, Sas has an issue if people are willing to pay for something they get for free (in particular if it is an action film of little depth). Lot's of ways to run with that, but I'd leave it as a Sas problem that the rest of us pretend to ignore, and SQ chose to live with.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watched Bridge of Spies on Saturday with the wife - good movie and learned a little bit of cold war history to boot.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw Deadpool and Revenant on Saturday night. Both were good. Deadpool was stupid but funny. Revenant. Very serious, great acting on the part of DiCaprio, cinematography was great.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What is wrong with enjoying a simple action movie?
I saw Furious 7 in theaters because it was mindless fun. Getting under alcoholica's skin is even more mindless fun, though.

Apparently, Sas has an issue if people are willing to pay for something they get for free (in particular if it is an action film of little depth). Lot's of ways to run with that, but I'd leave it as a Sas problem that the rest of us pretend to ignore, and SQ chose to live with.
I'd like to think anyone who willingly pays for something that's easily attained for free has more of a problem than I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.