Fire Mike White? Gators crushed like bugs at home to Alabama

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Is it just me or does this team not look excited when they win nor look pissed when they lose? No fire.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Very poor performance at home against a not that great team. No NCAA for this group. Little offensive movement, and too many easy shots given up. Very disappointing.
This times infinity.

Total garbage.

White is getting close to NIT land.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Blowout city. Absolutely hammered inside again and White has no answer.

His offense is basically to jack up 25+ 3s and hope they go in

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Is it just me or does this team not look excited when they win nor look pissed when they lose? No fire.

Yep, I think it comes in part from White's failure to define roles. Chiozza is the PG and even that was in doubt in the second half today, but other than PG UF has no defined roles.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Blowout city. Absolutely hammered inside again and White has no answer.

His offense is basically to jack up 25+ 3s and hope they go in

Yep, I was thinking watching this mess in the second half, at least UF's legs should be strong for the stretch run. All they do is stand around on offense most of the time.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Defense is equally as bad. Egbunu can't save this garbage.

Egbunu was never going to save anything. Anyone who thought differently must have been a member of the national sports press who in fact don't really follow UF and have not seen Egbunu's career.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Missed the game... and lot of frustration. I have no info to comment other than the score. At home. I sure hope White can turn it around, but my doubts are growing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The team is doing that, the coach can only coach.

Which he isn’t doing. Let me know what adjustments he has made the past two games while we were getting pounded inside. I’ll wait.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This team does well in transition but spotty otherwise. Not a lot of ball movement and really no one inside to create a lot of concern for opposition defenses. When the outside shots aren't falling, that's a problem.

It was the same way a year ago.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well I just got home from the game and that was as horrendous a performance as I have seen in quite some time and not just b/c they did not make shots. And the first 10 minutes of the game I was actually complimentary of what we were doing on offense. We started a small lineup and someone finally figured out that just b/c you are small does not mean you have to jack it up from behind the arc every possession. They discovered that there was a lot of room in the paint, especially b/c Bama chose to stay attached to the arc, and lo and behold we were scoring from inside the arc. Well about 12 minutes into the 1st half that all changed and we went back to the 20 second dribble, no pass or one pass offense that resulted in a 25ft. shot. In all honesty the game was over at the half b/c Bama handed us the game on a silver platter in the first half. Sloppy play by Bama and some good defense led to 14, yes FOURTEEN, turnovers by Bama in the 1st half. That is almost one per minute, yet we waltzed into the locker room with a 6 point halftime lead. We should have been up 15 or more at half. Well once Bama chose to stop turning the ball over the game got away quickly. And I am not criticizing Cheese, but Cheese was awful today, just awful. he has been so good, but mentally he was not in the arena today. Physically he was there, but mentally he was a zillion miles away. He must have taken 4 shots early in the shot clock from 5 feet behind the arc, without ever making a pass. make or miss they were terrible shots in a YMCA league. That was 2 bad teams I was watching today but I think Bama has the makings of a good team and I do mean team. Meanwhile I know we have deficiencies.but that does not change how poor we are mentally and fundamentally game in and game out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but the nonprofit sports dont get to waste more football money til football is fixed.

They just are wasting half of the 100 million facilities renovations on beisbol.

Tough shyt. Deal with the Fooley budget special or promote an asst (even cheaper).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator