firederekmason.net

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously...what quality replacement could Vandy find for Mason? Maybe Joker Phillips...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'd give roper enough money to keep him. If the offense stays performing at a high level

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WM is already the highest paid DC in the country. Maybe we can make Roper the highest paid OC.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Worst possible scenario for VU and the administration, imo. They got a small taste of winning with an up-and-comer that no one else grabbed first, and who turned out to be pretty good. On top of that, they catch the East largely down over a 3 year span(including a historically bad year for us) and now suddenly won't stand for what they've been for most of the last half century.

I agree that this Mason guy is terrible. And he certainly wasn't expected to "rebuild" a downward-trending program, which makes his start that much worse. But especially at a place like VU, the perception of making a knee-jerk reaction, and not giving a HC the time to prove himself would be beyond disastrous.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Is Derek Mason really this bad or did James Franklin see the writing on the wall and got out while the getting was good?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mudd;n47473 said:
Is Derek Mason really this bad or did James Franklin see the writing on the wall and got out while the getting was good?

I think Franklin was way beyond anything they've had in recent history, and simply left to take a much easier job and actually have a shot at titles. Mason may be bad, but I think JF did a lot to cover the deficiencies that VU has always had.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's something to this. Franklin won 9 games at Vandy the last two years. I'm not sure that has been done in the last 50 years. He can sleepwalk at Penn State and he'll win 9 games with that powder puff Big10(12) schedule.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
that avatar is terrifying!

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I know Franklin did a great job coaching, was just wondering if maybe he saw that the kids coming back this year was going to preform at normal Vandy level and got the hell out.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Mudd said:
I was hoping for "so ugly it's kind of cute".......no? Oh well, I'll take terrifying.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He raped Vandy's incoming class and drug em to Pedo U.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry vandy, know your role.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MJMGator;n47512 said:
He raped Vandy's incoming class and drug em to Pedo U.

Yeah, but that shouldn't have any impact at all on this year's team. Mason has COMPLETELY **** the bed there! Seriously, the fall from grace was supposed to take longer than 1 game!! C'mon! They're actually favored this weekend!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n47473 said:

there was no writing on the wall he got offered a way better job

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Derek mason was a phenomenal d coordinator possibly the best in the country because that was his defense at Stanford. He's seems like a really good guy I don't know if he's the right fit for vandy. I initially did but you can't ignore how far and fast they've fallen. That being said you can't deny he did a phenomenal job at Stanford. If he does get fired he'll end up being a coordinator at a major university. It's not like it's easy to win at vandy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.