Recruiting First 2019 Commit

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's definitely gone down hill. But it's still better than any other Mexican restaurant in Gainesville.

There used to be one on south 13th. Not sure if it's still there. It was authentic Mexican and sold some banging chimichangas.
No, it's really not. La Fiesta is better and that's not saying much. The joint at the Publix plaza at Archer and Tower is much better, which is ironic because it used to be owned by the same folks. Hell Burrito Bros is better than Las Margs, and that's saying something.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, it's really not. La Fiesta is better and that's not saying much. The joint at the Publix plaza at Archer and Tower is much better, which is ironic because it used to be owned by the same folks. Hell Burrito Bros is better than Las Margs, and that's saying something.

I never got the whole thing with La Fiesta. It was awful.

Believe it or not, there are only a handful of solid Mexican food restaurants in Tampa. Maybe 3 or 4.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never got the whole thing with La Fiesta. It was awful.

Believe it or not, there are only a handful of solid Mexican food restaurants in Tampa. Maybe 3 or 4.
Nothing compares to farm towns in South Florida

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Awe man, you guys are way off. I used to go to the best authentic Mexican place off of University, usually at like 3AM. It was just a little east of 13th. I don't remember the name. It was something like Tortilla Bell or something. Good times.... You should definitely check it out if you are in town. Maybe they have multiple locations by now, I don't know.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Awe man, you guys are way off. I used to go to the best authentic Mexican place off of University, usually at like 3AM. It was just a little east of 13th. I don't remember the name. It was something like Tortilla Bell or something. Good times.... You should definitely check it out if you are in town. Maybe they have multiple locations by now, I don't know.
lol, nice, yeah that ****hole is still there.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We used to get seriously messed up (go figure), get a bunch of money together, hit the drive-thru, and order 100 tacos. Surprisingly this never phased them and we did it several times over a 2-year span. I actually worked at a TB for a summer between undergrad years and only would eat there after that stint when we did the 100 taco run. To this day my stomach turns whenever I pass a TB - nobody should eat there, ever - I know, I used to make that stuff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We used to get seriously messed up (go figure), get a bunch of money together, hit the drive-thru, and order 100 tacos. Surprisingly this never phased them and we did it several times over a 2-year span. I actually worked at a TB for a summer between undergrad years and only would eat there after that stint when we did the 100 taco run. To this day my stomach turns whenever I pass a TB - nobody should eat there, ever - I know, I used to make that stuff.
It was definitely a go to for late nights. We also would hit Checkers, Firpo's, IHOP

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Skeeter's anyone?
Oh man, Skeeter's was always a hoot. We had this 300+ pound waitress one late night/early morning venture to Skeeter's and she just plopped her ass down right next to my buddy to take our order, saying she was dead tired. She wasn't kidding either, despite the fact that she scared the crap out of us, we had to help her get up so she could go place our order. Thankfully she didn't sit down to eat with us.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ya'll keep talking about food and LOF will show up thinking it is one of his threads.

On Skeeters - classic greatness, driven into the ground by mismanagement. However, I will note that a bunch of us went there after Prom and before...other things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.