Recruiting First 2019 Commit

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
DAMN guys we are 11+ months away from NSD and listening to some of you someone would think we just got out recruited by Colgate. Some of yall need to take it easy or some of us pumpers will be like.....
Beat down.gif

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, I grew up near Colgate. Fine school

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I googled it, Newberry is 15.9 miles from Ben Hill Griffin stadium.

You had to google that? I guess you didn't grow up in the Gainesville area. You must not be a very high ranking Gator (I'm like a Level 15 or so).

Seriously, you're sounding a lot like larry of Florida on the gsmb. You should stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You had to google that? I guess you didn't grow up in the Gainesville area. You must not be a very high ranking Gator (I'm like a Level 15 or so).

Seriously, you're sounding a lot like larry of Florida on the gsmb. You should stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need to grow up around Gville to know where Newberry's at. If you went to UF for any amount of time and weren't brain dead when you were there, you'd know where Newberry is. Hell, we used to run out there to buy beer on Sunday mornings because they wouldn't sell it in town before noon and we knew a quickie mart in Newberry that would.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You don't need to grow up around Gville to know where Newberry's at. If you went to UF for any amount of time and weren't brain dead when you were there, you'd know where Newberry is. Hell, we used to run out there to buy beer on Sunday mornings because they wouldn't sell it in town before noon and we knew a quickie mart in Newberry that would.
Was Backyard BBQ open back then?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was Backyard BBQ open back then?
I don't remember it, but we never spent much time in Newberry. Typically just zipped in to get the Sunday morning case before we headed out to go canoeing, swimmin' at one of the springs, or spelunking in the bat caves.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember it, but we never spent much time in Newberry. Typically just zipped in to get the Sunday morning case before we headed out to go canoeing, swimmin' at one of the springs, or spelunking in the bat caves.
Gotcha, it used to be a great BBQ joint, but I hear it's in decline now. Apparently, Cilantro Tacos are the best in the area, and I think they are in Newberry

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gotcha, it used to be a great BBQ joint, but I hear it's in decline now. Apparently, Cilantro Tacos are the best in the area, and I think they are in Newberry
I eat there about once a month and it is definitely on the decline. Not sure what's going on over there.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I eat there about once a month and it is definitely on the decline. Not sure what's going on over there.
have you eaten at Cilantro Tacos? I've been thinking about checking them out

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is wrong with you? You need to find a REAL Mexican joint, fresh tortillas and all. If you don't know where one is, ask a Mexican.
I just got burnt out. Me and wife ate the Mexican restaurant in archer way too many times.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What the hell is wrong with you? You need to find a REAL Mexican joint, fresh tortillas and all. If you don't know where one is, ask a Mexican.

Speaking of Mexicans. My daughter calls me one day and asks me "Dad, what are Mexicans doing in the pool?" I said "I don't know, the backstroke?" She says "Nope, there's no water in the pool". Long story short the neighbors were having their pool resurfaced but the crew went to the wrong house. Got my pool resurfaced for free. :bananadance2:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just got burnt out. Me and wife ate the Mexican restaurant in archer way too many times.

Las Margaritas in Gainesville is not as good as it once was. But it's still pretty damn good. Get the enchiladas rancheros. You will thank me later. Go to the one on 43rd St. Not the one on 39th Ave.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of Mexicans. My daughter calls me one day and asks me "Dad, what are Mexicans doing in the pool?" I said "I don't know, the backstroke?" She says "Nope, there's no water in the pool". Long story short the neighbors were having their pool resurfaced but the crew went to the wrong house. Got my pool resurfaced for free. :bananadance2:

:lmao: sweet!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Las Margaritas in Gainesville is not as good as it once was. But it's still pretty damn good. Get the enchiladas rancheros. You will thank me later. Go to the one on 43rd St. Not the one on 39th Ave.
Las Margaritas hasn't been good in over 10 yrs. I haven't been to all the Mexican places in G'ville, but none of them that I have been to, are anywhere near as good as the ones in the Glades. But mediocre Mexican food is still pretty good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Las Margaritas hasn't been good in over 10 yrs. I haven't been to all the Mexican places in G'ville, but none of them that I have been to, are anywhere near as good as the ones in the Glades. But mediocre Mexican food is still pretty good.

It's definitely gone down hill. But it's still better than any other Mexican restaurant in Gainesville.

There used to be one on south 13th. Not sure if it's still there. It was authentic Mexican and sold some banging chimichangas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator