Recruiting First 2019 Commit

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think we're going to recruit any better this time around. I remember hearing about how all the top instate prospects loved Florida last year and on signing they went elsewhere. Mac can't recruit with the big boys.

We were running catchup all of last spring and summer with recruits. We're either leading or in the running with most in state high end talent this cycle.

Much different.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Do you really think we're going to recruit any better this time around. I remember hearing about how all the top instate prospects loved Florida last year and on signing they went elsewhere. Mac can't recruit with the big boys.

:ohnoez:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Oh yeah, well my oldest son will be a 2031 commit whether he likes it or not.

Didn't you already fax in his LOI from the hospital once he had a legal name assigned?

Really, who cares about some high schooler in the class of '19? I'll probably be dead by then.

Are you saying the downward spiral of UF sports will cause you a heart attack? Or that you'll be a bagman at that point, likely shot and robbed?

So where do we rank in the 2019 Class? :suspect:

Too many no-stars. Ask T...any T will do.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't you already fax in his LOI from the hospital once he had a legal name assigned?

Yes, I did. It was accepted as a soft commit. For some reason they are already talking about grey-shirting.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Ok pumpers, next years class there are no excuses. We crap the bed on this upcoming class, you lose all credibility

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were running catchup all of last spring and summer with recruits. We're either leading or in the running with most in state high end talent this cycle.

Much different.
How did Kirby step in and not have any problems?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dammit, and we only have 11+ months to get things turned around. WTF is the staff doing? Let's just forfeit the season and close down the program, since we are just too far behind
Or we could we could pretend we actually have a shot with half of these guys and this years going to be way better for reasons unknown.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My guess is Jake Allen will be a better recruiter next year than the coaching staff.

So here's to Jake having a nice haul.
:drunk:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We had Franks who was rated just below Eason and he actually played in Florida. We're running out of excuses here.
Frank's didn't a spend an entire year recruiting for us like Eason did for the Dwags. Add in the few Kirby brought from Bama that he had 2 and 3 year relationships with and its not hard to understand...even for you.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Frank's didn't a spend an entire year recruiting for us like Eason did for the Dwags. Add in the few Kirby brought from Bama that he had 2 and 3 year relationships with and its not hard to understand...even for you.
Franks didn't recruit at all. The reports were that he basically refused to recruit or speak to anyone that he basically wasn't already friends with. It's one of the many reasons that I think Allen will end up jumping him on the depth chart. I think that is why the coaches picked up Trask. He'll be a lifer of a backup, and be okay with it. Franks will end up transferring in a couple years unless Allen is a bust.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks didn't recruit at all. The reports were that he basically refused to recruit or speak to anyone that he basically wasn't already friends with. It's one of the many reasons that I think Allen will end up jumping him on the depth chart. I think that is why the coaches picked up Trask. He'll be a lifer of a backup, and be okay with it. Franks will end up transferring in a couple years unless Allen is a bust.
So we are now blaming the staffs' inability to recruit on Franks? OK. :rotfl:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we are now blaming the staffs' inability to recruit on Franks? OK. :rotfl:
no, but someone was comparing Franks' recruiting to Eason's. Eason recruited for UGA and Franks did jack **** for UF. Not saying it was his fault, just that he didn't do anything. Also, it shows a lack of certain leadership skills.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reading between lines... so basically, you expert recruitniks are guaranteeing Mac signs 5-8 5*, yes?

No. But I think it will be a top 3 class. Three 5* and around 13-15 4*. If not, we are in serious trouble.

Nobody signs eight 5 stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator