Florida beats Auburn to prop up their tournament hopes

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Really at UAL tomorrow is for a bid. If UF were to get a win, then UF would be in no matter what happens. If not there is the potential for UF to finish 1-5 and be at risk of missing the tourney.

I agree... the good thing with this team is they have a lot of quality wins, the problem is they also have a lot of bad losses... it is so crazy.

I would love to see them get the win tomorrow night and be a lock for the tourney, then come out and get the sweep over Kentucky at home heading into the conference tourney!

Of course... who among us wouldn't like to see that..

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really at UAL tomorrow is for a bid. If UF were to get a win, then UF would be in no matter what happens. If not there is the potential for UF to finish 1-5 and be at risk of missing the tourney.

Yep a win at Bama would lock a spot up - 99% chance anyway but if we lose these last 2 and didn't win 2 SEC tourney games I think we would get left out.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Auburn self reported the money our students threw at them. Pearl says because we are all about compliance.:lmao:

Remember among the charges against UF in the mid 1980s was a booster giving a recruit (actually two recruits) a glass of lemonade. When you are under the NCAA gun it is smart to self report everything.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
It's Bruce Pearl, the most known cheater in the NCAA.
When Pearl got the Auburn job, after a few years at ESPN, he was doing the rounds of all the radio shows and was asked by one of the host on an afternoon show what he missed most in his time away and Pearl said "I miss watching the kids walk across that stage at graduation". Both host lost it, the producer couldn't stop laughing so they had to go to a commercial break. Pearl was gone when they came back and they were still laughing. Personally, I can't stand the man and can't understand why a kid would sign up to be screamed at by the guy.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Remember among the charges against UF in the mid 1980s was a booster giving a recruit (actually two recruits) a glass of lemonade. When you are under the NCAA gun it is smart to self report everything.

You leave your bs detector at home today, bruh?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who’s UAL?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks to Marine to CONFIRMING what I have been saying for 3 years now that White is passionate on the floor coaching these kids. You NEVER see that on the TV or White talking to the refs during the timeouts which is does ALL THE TIME when I have been to games...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Thanks to Marine to CONFIRMING what I have been saying for 3 years now that White is passionate on the floor coaching these kids. You NEVER see that on the TV or White talking to the refs during the timeouts which is does ALL THE TIME when I have been to games...

He was very energized on the sideline particularly with his players. He does not work the refs like some others. He is no Bruce Pearl who had to be physically restrained.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's Bruce Pearl, the most known cheater in the NCAA.
When Pearl got the Auburn job, after a few years at ESPN, he was doing the rounds of all the radio shows and was asked by one of the host on an afternoon show what he missed most in his time away and Pearl said "I miss watching the kids walk across that stage at graduation". Both host lost it, the producer couldn't stop laughing so they had to go to a commercial break. Pearl was gone when they came back and they were still laughing. Personally, I can't stand the man and can't understand why a kid would sign up to be screamed at by the guy.

I get your point, but he is also a good basketball coach. Even in the loss I would argue that his team was better coached and executed better than we did... we just have KeVaughn hitting 3s, but it wasn't like we were running an offense and getting open shots.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn self reported the money our students threw at them. Pearl says because we are all about compliance.:lmao:

... In keeping with the NCAA culture, two investigators have been sent to Gainesville to find out where those UF students got that money to throw away?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get your point, but he is also a good basketball coach. Even in the loss I would argue that his team was better coached and executed better than we did... we just have KeVaughn hitting 3s, but it wasn't like we were running an offense and getting open shots.

I agree completely. We won because Allen was hot and Bryce Brown was stone cold.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were running set plays and screens to get open looks for Hudson and Allen pretty much the ENTIRE 2nd half. That is called OFFENSE to get the hot hand the shots which were knocked down. It was also a set play called from Mike White to get Hudson that screen and roll to the rim for the layup near the end. Great COACHING by White to recognize those matchups to score on offense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We had a couple nice cuts, but if you think we were running set plays the whole second half you need to read a book and learn what a set play is

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep... I'll take it, but it was clear whose team was better coached.
Lol, had we made free throws and some easy lay ups, we win running away. We held one best scoring offenses damn near 20 points below their average. I'd say we had a decent game plan.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Typical Dumper trying to explain the Gators WIN away and minimize it

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Auburn took some horrible shots especially down the stretch. They didn’t guard the perimeter well throughout. UF held the lead nearly the entire game. UF won the game.

No, I do not agree that White was out coached.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
White OUTCOACHED Pearl by the fact that he didn't allow the game to get into an up and down shoot out game. We used tough D and timely shooting to WIN the game. Pearl TRASHED by Ark last night as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.