Florida Football Preview on SECN tonight 8:30pm

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mrs. Kanell called and wants to know when you'll be returning Danny's penis?
xgz9nkR.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most people think the Arkansas game is a bit of a trap game since it is on the road and after UGA. They assume that the team will be physically beat up at that point...

All this is fun to talk about with the season starting, but one month from now we will have a much better picture of what this team is all about. Until then... none of us or the talking heads know a thing about how good the 2016 Gators will be.

I agree with Arkansas being a trap game for the reasons you stated, plus their offense does matchup well for them against our defense and they have a bye the week before playing us. Of course our offense matches up well against their defense so it could potentially be a high scoring game if their offense is any good. Arkansas is a pretty unknown team like UF since they are replacing so many of their offensive starters. I can see them struggling because of that at first and then improving as the season continues, which is too common of a trend for them.

We are the more talented team, so we should win as long as the team comes to Fayetteville focused and ready to play. I would be a lot more nervous about that game if Muschamp were still the coach and not McElwain. I think Coach Mac will have them ready.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If we can't handle Arky's run game then we damn sure can't handle 4-nette, Chubbs and possibly Hurd. Given that 4-nette is the best of that lot and while we didn't handle him last year (180 yards?)
Long story short, fck Arky. If they give us trouble we are n for a world of hurt.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
If we can't handle Arky's run game then we damn sure can't handle 4-nette, Chubbs and possibly Hurd. Given that 4-nette is the best of that lot and while we didn't handle him last year (180 yards?)
Long story short, fck Arky. If they give us trouble we are n for a world of hurt.
By the time we get to them, we're on the downhill stretch of the schedule. We'll know how solid the run defense is by the end of week 4.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Well those ESPN guys had us losing to LSU and UGA so that definitely fits the narrative of not being able to stop the run.

The reality is that we have lost to bad teams before even when we have had great teams. It can happen and does happen all the time in college football. Teams aren't focused because they are reading too much of their own hype and some other team plays up because it is the biggest game of the year for them...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy has followed UGA for years, and we struggled quite often with them due to the hype of the WLOCP. A road trip to Arky, especially if the Hogs follow their trend of playing their stronger ball in November, is far from an automatic W.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Saw the show. Pure Bravo Sierra.

1. I see a win against LSU. True Fournette is a load...but UF did not get blown out at Tiger Stadium. Jiminy... Gators lost on the ol' Mad Hatter field goal trick and with Treon at QB. Now LSU may be a better team than last year (though I confess I don't know why) but the game is at the Swamp, Gators offense will be much better than last year's version for a multitude of reasons and Florida's kicking game should be awesome.

2. I see a win against Tennessee. Again...what makes Tennessee a better team this year than last year's version other than home field advantage? This year's Gator team will be better as previously stated but, to me, the one constant ingredient that has separated Florida from Tennessee over the years is SPEED. It will be true this year as well. 12.

3. I see a win against Georgia. For the life of me I don't understand why the talking heads in all their wisdom place so much faith in a first year head coach...regardless of success as a coordinator. For all anyone knows he could flop and Dawg fans clamor for Richt's return by year end. Chubb is a good running back - if he stays healthy - but the Gators have seen better. Georgia's QB situation is a ? , Eason or no Eason.

4. I see wins at Arkansas and FSU...mostly because I always see wins for the Gators. I'll leave it to others to justify these two Florida victories. My crystal ball is a bit foggy now.

Go Gators.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw the show. Pure Bravo Sierra.

1. I see a win against LSU. True Fournette is a load...but UF did not get blown out at Tiger Stadium. Jiminy... Gators lost on the ol' Mad Hatter field goal trick and with Treon at QB. Now LSU may be a better team than last year (though I confess I don't know why) but the game is at the Swamp, Gators offense will be much better than last year's version for a multitude of reasons and Florida's kicking game should be awesome.

2. I see a win against Tennessee. Again...what makes Tennessee a better team this year than last year's version other than home field advantage? This year's Gator team will be better as previously stated but, to me, the one constant ingredient that has separated Florida from Tennessee over the years is SPEED. It will be true this year as well. 12.

3. I see a win against Georgia. For the life of me I don't understand why the talking heads in all their wisdom place so much faith in a first year head coach...regardless of success as a coordinator. For all anyone knows he could flop and Dawg fans clamor for Richt's return by year end. Chubb is a good running back - if he stays healthy - but the Gators have seen better. Georgia's QB situation is a ? , Eason or no Eason.

4. I see wins at Arkansas and FSU...mostly because I always see wins for the Gators. I'll leave it to others to justify these two Florida victories. My crystal ball is a bit foggy now.

Go Gators.
Well, that pretty much does it folks, looks like we'll be heading to Atlanta undefeated.
:bananadance:

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016
It baffles me every time I see someone pick us to lose to uga. I don't understand it. We've beaten them two years in a row with Harris starting at QB, and now we'll definitely have a better team than last year. Yet they have a true freshman at QB and a first year head coach, and somehow they will be better than us? When has that recipe for a team ever been successful? Smart and Eason may turn out to be a great duo someday, but not in both of their freshman year.

Did McElroy and Spears pick UGA to beat UF? Watched the UGA preview show last night and they picked UF to win in Jax. Not a very long limb to venture out on to.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Did McElroy and Spears pick UGA to beat UF? Watched the UGA preview show last night and they picked UF to win in Jax. Not a very long limb to venture out on to.

Spears must be covering his bases. He and Rodgers (former Vanderbilt QB) picked Georgia on the Florida preview show.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep they picked Georgia to go 9-3 and beat us. Not sure if that was a tiebreaker pick or not.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep they picked Georgia to go 9-3 and beat us. Not sure if that was a tiebreaker pick or not.
The Dwags have a horrible returning QB that will be quickly replaced by a true freshman. They also have injuries to the it #1 and #2 running backs. While they should be back by the time they play us, I suspect at least one of them will be injured again due to their reliance on the running game. They're pretty much ****ed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Dwags have a horrible returning QB that will be quickly replaced by a true freshman. They also have injuries to the it #1 and #2 running backs. While they should be back by the time they play us, I suspect at least one of them will be injured again due to their reliance on the running game. They're pretty much ****ed.

Now they have some people on the SEC Channel saying KY will beat us in the Swamp this year. They are almost as bad as last year with their mess.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now they have some people on the SEC Channel saying KY will beat us in the Swamp this year. They are almost as bad as last year with their mess.
It's easy to make wild predictions. No one remembers, nor cares, when you're wrong. If your right, you get to say "I told you so!".

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
These guys have both UGA and Florida losing the game in Jax... They have no idea what they are doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator