Florida/Georgia game to stay in Jacksonville

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is one of the greatest traditions in all of college football....and it's probably our best tradition. I shake my head when I hear people suggest we should move this game back to home-and-home so that we could have the flexibility to play a "good" OOC game vs. a Texas or Miami. Anyhow, looks like it's getting another extension right where it needs to be. Long live The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party!!!

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-georgia-game-remain-jacksonville-future-games

Report: Florida-Georgia game likely to remain in Jacksonville; game dates revealed

The Florida-Georgia game is one of the biggest on Florida’s football schedule every year. And the SEC teams’ tradition of playing Jacksonville, Fla., will continue.

Per a report from the Jacksonville Business Journal, a contract has been drawn up for the schools to sign and awaits approval from the Jacksonville City Council. Over the course of the five-year deal, Florida and Georgia will receive $2.75 million in incentives. A new provision is that each school will get a $125,000 signing bonus and a $250,000 guaranteed payment.

Both Georgia and Florida will also get a $10,000 bump in lodging and travel spending to $60,000. Jacksonville is also covering airfare for Georgia up to $350,000. Both schools will receive full ticket revenue, which will be split evenly, and won’t pay to play at Everbank Field.

The expected game dates are:

• Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017
  • Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018
  • Saturday, Oct. 26 or Saturday, Nov. 2; 2019
  • Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020
  • Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021
The Gators have won the past three games in the rivalry, including 24-10 in 2016.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The Gators have won the past three games in the rivalry, including 24-10 in 2016.
You mean Mac is 2-0 against the dogs.......................???? You can never beat uga enough times...............excellent.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Lewis Grizzard is turning over in his grave ANEW. :)
Lewis saw SOS beat his pups four times before he died in 94. He saw the writing on the wall (he was a writer after all) and was lobbying for that home and home series...............Lewis was a good southerner. Unlucky in love and health and life except for his writing,............

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
florida-georgia-annual-rivalry-game-in-jacksonville-florida-5892461e3df78caebcb7c029.jpg

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lewis saw SOS beat his pups four times before he died in 94. He saw the writing on the wall (he was a writer after all) and was lobbying for that home and home series...............Lewis was a good southerner. Unlucky in love and health and life except for his writing,............
That's the reason for my post.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only someone who lives in Jax could possibly think this is a good idea.

Instead of getting a huge paycheck every other year and having the flexibility to go on the road for a big game (and maybe a big pot when we are at home), we agree to take less than 1/4 the cut (2.75 mil split w Ugly) so that Jax can keep half every year.

Absurd. Absolutely absurd. Our ahtletic department is chintzy except when it comes to giving money to Jax for some reason. (Dont tell me about the recruiting bc we dont get shyt out of Jax anymore.)

This is especially when we are just paying Fooley's last mistake and will need to fire his cirrent one soon.

Maybe our next AD will look after our interests instead of Jax or LSU's.

So, BMF, where do you live? As if we dont know already.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Instead of getting a huge paycheck every other year and having the flexibility to go on the road for a big game (and maybe a big pot when we are at home), we agree to take less than 1/4 the cut (2.75 mil split w Ugly) so that Jax can keep half every year.

Absurd. Absolutely absurd. Our ahtletic department is chintzy except when it comes to giving money to Jax for some reason. (Dont tell me about the recruiting bc we dont get shyt out of Jax anymore.)

This is especially when we are just paying Fooley's last mistake and will need to fire his cirrent one soon.

I live in Washington DC, dip****.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

I can't believe i'm saying this to the most prolific poster on the board, but you didn't read the article did you.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Law, have you ever attended the WLOCP? It's one of the best traditions left in college football.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Hopefully, the contract includes a guaranteed minimum 80% of all 5* and 4* talent from the Jax area. Would that be worth the lost revenue?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hopefully, the contract includes a guaranteed minimum 80% of all 5* and 4* talent from the Jax area. Would that be worth the lost revenue?

Seems this coaching staff has conceded Jacksonville to FSU, Alabama, Ohio State.....and any other program that wants to cherry pick the area. This isn't "bashing" the coaches either, it's reality.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Seems this coaching staff has conceded Jacksonville to FSU, Alabama, Ohio State.....and any other program that wants to cherry pick the area. This isn't "bashing" the coaches either, it's reality.

Hard to argue when looking at recent history.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing better than giving the 'Chomp' in the face of some ugly ass barking human dawg... just saying, it happens best at the Cocktail Party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.