Florida goes on the road to whip Bama

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
While I agree we’ve had better offensive outputs with better shooting, but the ball movement, spacing, drives and shot selection was as good as I’ve seen in a long time. It’s very encouraging.
Agree, but we need to hit open 3's a lot better than we did last night to beat good teams. That is a reeling pretty bad team we played honestly. I'm still encouraged though and think we handle UK without much trouble honestly. We'll see how it goes.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yes, I agree with this discussion on the win last night and UF's offense:

1. There was some better movement. I suspect the movement leading to a game winning 3 point play against AU has something to do with players moving better now.

2. This offense is not great until UF hits a good percentage of 3s and Stone or Bassett or Hayes provides a bit of inside scoring.

3. UAL is reeling so once they started missing shots and UF got up on them, UF's players could play and particularly shoot more freely on offense and thus UF looked somewhat better on offense.

4. It was a good defensive effort, but of course UAL helped.

5. I am hoping against hope that the M.O. of this team is to play well when their backs are against the wall and against "name" opponents. That might explain some crazy losses at home and on the road this year and might bode well for making a tourney run.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Ready for some great news (said sarcastically)

Bassett missed the 2nd half of the game yesterday feeling sick. Now being reported he got hit in the head in the first half and may have a concussion.

Going to be great playing UK without 4.5 big men......

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Bassett missed the 2nd half of the game yesterday feeling sick. Now being reported he got hit in the head in the first half and may have a concussion.

How can you think this was news? I mentioned Bassett was likely in the concussion protocol on page 5 above and you liked the post. He was clearly hit in the head midway through the first half and never played again as his 5 total minutes indicates.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How can you think this was news? I mentioned Bassett was likely in the concussion protocol on page 5 above and you liked the post. He was clearly hit in the head midway through the first half and never played again as his 5 total minutes indicates.
Figured it got better cause no news...I was wrong lol

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Didn’t realize you were the team doctor :eek2:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

4.5? I don’t consider Stokes or Johnson as players we are missing. I have a feeling both would be redshirting regardless (yes I realize Johnson played like 5 minutes this year).

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Because he was hit in the head, came out and did not play further. That usually means they are at least concerned a player is concussed.

Ah I see what you mean, my bad, you’re right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator