Florida goes on the road to whip Bama

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I am saying is that you have to let the game play out instead of going off the deep end early in the game saying we'll lose by 20

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
By the way...I don't give up....even down 100 I'll be cheering until the end....maybe in silence but still cheering

Well, I gave up during the last Bama game because it looked to me like they had quit trying. So I changed the channel.

Shocked to get into my car around 8:30, flip on the game on radio and thought I heard we were up by 4 in the second half. I thought, “Good! They came to play!” Then a block later I realized they were up 24. Great to really flush that worst game out and avenge it.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
All I am saying is that you have to let the game play out instead of going off the deep end early in the game saying we'll lose by 20
Do you comprehend the statement. If we don't put it together we will lose by 20. Isn't saying we will lose by 20 or going off the deep end. Just pointing out how bad the first 4 min were being down 7-2 with 3 turnovers, 1 shot clock violation and 0 good shots. If we were playing like that until the end we may have lost by more then 20... this is a game thread, meaning immediate game play is discussed lol

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta let the game play out. TOTAL DOMINATION tonight by the Gators

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That was fun! Nice to see the team playing with energy. Lets hope they can keep this going, take out UK at home and make a run in the SEC tourney to get a good seed.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That was the best our offense has looked in a while. We finally had guys driving to the basket and kicking out for open shots instead of forcing a bad shot, or everybody just standing around the perimeter without a purpose. Hope to see a lot more of this going forward.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was on the road just like the Gators tonight. It sounded like a better interior presence coupled with a lets play a little bit better D. I could only listen to snapshots unfortunately, so hopefully my characterization of tonight's effort is reasonable. In any event, on the road, pummeled the elephants and most important- getting must wins as the dance approaches. Go Gators! Congrats :clap:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder what our SEC Tourney seed is right now and who we would play?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How will the Dumpers try to Minimize this Gators WIN??!! Already answered by Durty with a personal attack. LOLOL typical wuss out move

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're currently 3rd at 10-7. Kentucky would jump us if they beat us. I'm too lazy to do the other tiebreakers.

Right now...we'd play either the 6, 11, or 14, which are Mississippi State, LSU, and Vandy. of course a lot could change in the next few days.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How will the Dumpers try to Minimize this Gators WIN??!! Already answered by Durty with a personal attack. LOLOL typical wuss out move

No way we win tonight without that ref's help. Hudson came within 4 inches of stepping out and the ref didn't call him out. He scored and it was all downhill for Bama from then on. White missed it; didn't chew out the official. What kind of coaching is that ?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Guys, I think we are going dancing!

Florida is on the road tonight to take on Alabama on ESPN at 7 PM. This is another must win game to secure a tourney bid. A loss puts us in questionable territory again. We must come out flying high and playing with the heart and intensity that we showed against Auburn. Lay it all on the line. Make them pay for crushing us at home

Lee, I love the updates when I can’t follow live. Truly appreciated,as well as the overall b-ball info, but we could have lost this game, UK, and first round SEC and still been in the tournament. Only two teams have more quadrant 1 wins than UF in ncaab. We were 8-4 going into tonight.

Now it’s about seeding. Beat UK and make a run to sec title game (win or lose) and we’re looking at a 4 seed or better with one of the strongest top end resumes in the country.

We did struggle against the mediocre teams though all year, which is on coaching, discipline and not blowing all those double digit second half leads.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That was a nice gutty win. Much of it was UF, but don't kid yourself giving up 20 offensive rebounds is not the usual formula to win a game by 21 points.

Has anyone seen an update on Bassett? I suspect he is in concussion protocol.

This is how I expected this team to be after the hot shot. AU it was Allen and Hudson shooting well. This game it was Hudson and Koulechov shooting well. Next game it might be Chiozza and Stone. UF just needs to keep playing decent D like this and have two or so players play good offense.

How much are UVa fans dreading UF showing up in their bracket?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Well I missed the game tonight as I grabbed son #1 and headed down to the Triple A to watch the Heat play the 76’ers. Absolutely great game. The arena was electric and it felt like a playoff game. DWade went crazy and scored 15 in the 4th qtr (27 overall) and hit the game winner with 6 seconds to go. Thoroughly enjoyed that game!

Now I’m relaxing at home watching the Gator game that I recorded. Equally entertaining. I will sleep well tonight.
I can’t wait for this weekend. Coming back again for the Kentucky game. The ODome will be packed and energized.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I didn’t get to watch the game as I was flying home, but I specifically came to this thread to read L43s early meltdown that I knew would there. You did not disappoint Lee! Love the passion!
:chomp:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So who will be honored on Senior Day Saturday?

1. Certainly Chiozza
2. Also Koulechov
3. Will Egbunu?
4. Might there be a surprise like Hudson?

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
We're currently 3rd at 10-7. Kentucky would jump us if they beat us. I'm too lazy to do the other tiebreakers.

Right now...we'd play either the 6, 11, or 14, which are Mississippi State, LSU, and Vandy. of course a lot could change in the next few days.
Win and we're the 3. If we lose, we'd still be the 4 if Ark loses. We'd hold the head to head over each of the current or potential 8 loss teams, and if more than two, they use best winning % among tied teams. We're undefeated against Ark, Mizzou, and MSU, the only other teams that can finish with 8 losses. I'm pretty sure that also means with finish no worse than 5th if we lose and Ark wins. KY somehow loses at home tomorrow to Ole Piss and we're top 4 win or lose to the kittens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator