Florida goes on the road to whip Bama

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Tremendous defensive effort by the Gators. Saw a lot of hustle and effort that was absent recently.

I am a believer that effort on Defense will lead to success on Offense. It showed tonight.

Great job Gators! Beat UK!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Enjoyed the game. I see this type of performance and can’t understand why we aren’t fighting for a SEC Crown. Too many Ls that should be Ws... I just hope them Gator Boys use the last 2 wins as a springboard with ky and the tournaments coming.

Go Gators!!!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Probably on target for a 6 seed if we beat KY.
If we beat UK, only one team in the country would have more quadrant 1 wins than UF. That’s the new NCAA bracketing guideline used, theoretically, to highlight quality wins. S Carolina is on the fringe of counting, so we could lose one. Plus Duke could pick up another (or more in the Acc tourney). Either way, our top end resume, particularly with a UK win, is really strong. Check out this cite that tracks in the right columns the new quadrant system: http://barttorvik.com/teamsheets.php

The question is how much we get dinged for the quadrant 2 record, which will almost certainly end up being the worst of any at large tourney team.

But, those high end wins are why Joe Lunardi had UF a 6 seed before throttling Bama. Beat Uk, it only goes up.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are IN the tourney now. Record doesn't matter at this point now. Only the matchups and upsets in the bracket...IF we are able to play tough D like we have the past couple of games and have some HOT shooting, we will be a tough team to beat.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If we beat UK, only one team in the country would have more quadrant 1 wins than UF. That’s the new NCAA bracketing guideline used, theoretically, to highlight quality wins. S Carolina is on the fringe of counting, so we could lose one. Plus Duke could pick up another (or more in the Acc tourney). Either way, our top end resume, particularly with a UK win, is really strong. Check out this cite that tracks in the right columns the new quadrant system: http://barttorvik.com/teamsheets.php

The question is how much we get dinged for the quadrant 2 record, which will almost certainly end up being the worst of any at large tourney team.

But, those high end wins are why Joe Lunardi had UF a 6 seed before throttling Bama. Beat Uk, it only goes up.

As I said on another thread, the UAR win at home could slip to a quadrant 2 win also. UF would benefit if SoCar handles LSU at home tonight. UAR only has at UMo left on Saturday. SoCar plays at AU on Saturday and AU's record is good enough that SoCar's RPI might get better even with a loss.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
We are IN the tourney now. Record doesn't matter at this point now. Only the matchups and upsets in the bracket...IF we are able to play tough D like we have the past couple of games and have some HOT shooting, we will be a tough team to beat.
We are streaky though one bad night and we are out. At this point seed doesn't matter I'm hoping for teams we match up well against

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
As I said on another thread, the UAR win at home could slip to a quadrant 2 win also. UF would benefit if SoCar handles LSU at home tonight. UAR only has at UMo left on Saturday. SoCar plays at AU on Saturday and AU's record is good enough that SoCar's RPI might get better even with a loss.
Would that be UARF?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

Could just be on mobile but I don't see where they had the quadrant wins

If we beat Kentucky we are firmly in as a 5 seed possibly higher depending on the SEC Tournament

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Could just be on mobile but I don't see where they had the quadrant wins

If we beat Kentucky we are firmly in as a 5 seed possibly higher depending on the SEC Tournament

It would depend on what we do in the tourney and what others do probably. I think a Ky win gets us a 6 seed probably but a win or two in the tourney may get us up to a 5 seed depending on what others do. We will pay some price for our bad losses and records are much better at the 5 spot and better right now in those computer bracket predictors.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That was the best our offense has looked in a while. We finally had guys driving to the basket and kicking out for open shots instead of forcing a bad shot, or everybody just standing around the perimeter without a purpose. Hope to see a lot more of this going forward.

Actually not even close to how they are capable of playing. We shot bad from 3, and like it or not we are a 3 point shooting team since we almost always have 4 players on the court very capable of shooting 40% plus. The energy and defense were very good, but we are actually capable of scoring much better than that. We had open 3's the entire second half (Bama was not playing very good perimeter D because they were down 20 plus and pretty much resigned to the loss). Allen unfortunately is currently a sub 20% 3 pt shooter on the road. That's the one thing that worries me, because White has given him the green light, but his road shooting performances haven't warranted that honestly. But maybe he will pull it together yet, and maybe neutral sites will be more friendly to him than true road games.

I'm very confident for this team against UK at home. We are playing with a purpose now and due for a 50% night from 3 after shooting 29% in this one, and I expect the team and fans to be really on their game Saturday.

Looks like White has finally gotten through to these guys and they pulled together when they saw they were staring the NIT in the face. I expect a strong finish and then we are going to be one of the scarier teams in the field (if Allen can build on his new confidence and turn it on). No one, and I mean no one is going to want to see the Gators as a 5 seed in their bracket if we play to our potential.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Actually not even close to how they are capable of playing. We shot bad from 3, and like it or not we are a 3 point shooting team since we almost always have 4 players on the court very capable of shooting 40% plus. The energy and defense were very good, but we are actually capable of scoring much better than that. We had open 3's the entire second half (Bama was not playing very good perimeter D because they were down 20 plus and pretty much resigned to the loss). Allen unfortunately is currently a sub 20% 3 pt shooter on the road. That's the one thing that worries me, because White has given him the green light, but his road shooting performances haven't warranted that honestly. But maybe he will pull it together yet, and maybe neutral sites will be more friendly to him than true road games.

I'm very confident for this team against UK at home. We are playing with a purpose now and due for a 50% night from 3 after shooting 29% in this one, and I expect the team and fans to be really on their game Saturday.

Looks like White has finally gotten through to these guys and they pulled together when they saw they were staring the NIT in the face. I expect a strong finish and then we are going to be one of the scarier teams in the field (if Allen can build on his new confidence and turn it on). No one, and I mean no one is going to want to see the Gators as a 5 seed in their bracket if we play to our potential.

While I agree we’ve had better offensive outputs with better shooting, but the ball movement, spacing, drives and shot selection was as good as I’ve seen in a long time. It’s very encouraging.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree we’ve had better offensive outputs with better shooting, but the ball movement, spacing, drives and shot selection was as good as I’ve seen in a long time. It’s very encouraging.

Very great. Is it a coaching style newly arrived and will we repeat it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator