Recruiting Florida Lands 4* ATH Kadrius Tony

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, we've almost done a complete 180 with our recruiting. I have nothing to b!tch about offensively with what we've done coming off a disastrous last 5 years, but I never, eevvveeerrr want to be some Baylor/Oregon/TTech type team....:barfaway:
I'd much rather be watching shoot outs than the first team to 14 wins like we've been watching.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'd much rather be watching shoot outs than the first team to 14 wins like we've been watching.
I want a offense that scores plenty of points, I just don't want a defense that gives up as many.....when you find that perfect medium usually championships follow.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I want a offense that scores plenty of points, I just don't want a defense that gives up as many.....when you find that perfect medium usually championships follow.
I don't think any of us want a soft defense. But I'd much rather us be like Oregon than what we've been.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the problem. I'm not being some negative nellie. Fact: Our average class since 2002 is SEVEN. Mac has a 23 and a 14 under him so far. Those are TWO of the bottom three classes since '02. That's just not good enough. He's getting his ass kicked in on the trail right now. Not good enough. Is the above wrong? Is it just that I am pointing it out?

Make your point about the #14 class if you want... Fine... But PLEASE STFU about the #23 class. That's horse sh!t and you know it.

Can you EVER remember a coach inheriting a program with a class LITERALLY ranked in the 100's with a grand total of 8 or 9 pledges and then turning it into a top 25 class in a friggin matter of weeks?!?

If anything he way over performed by pulling off that miracle. Go ahead and say he underperformed last class because he had a whole year... but drop the horse sh!t about the 23rd ranked class. That's not an accurate picture and you know if.

The only reason you keep beating that drum is because you are trying to establish a multi year pattern of bad recruiting. You are trying to do that because you DO want to be negative and you ARE a negative Nellie. Just own it.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, we've almost done a complete 180 with our recruiting. I have nothing t o b!tch about offensively with what we've done coming off a disastrous last 5 years, but I never, eevvveeerrr want to be some Baylor/Oregon/TTech type team....:barfaway:
Really? We used to get 5 star CBs and DEs.

Are we getting 5 star offensive players? I don't remember any.

We are finally recruiting on offense a little, but it's FAAAAAAAAR from dominant.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Really? We used to get 5 star CBs and DEs.

We are finally recruiting on offense a little, but it's FAAAAAAAAR from dominant.
Correct. What I meant was we've seemed to go from ignoring the offensive side of the ball from say 2010 to 2015 and now we seemed determined to ignore the defense. We have potential on offense although no one has proven anything yet, Calloway maybe if he returns, but at least we have balanced and adequate numbers which is encouraging. Our defense is starting to remind me of Muschamps offense in regards to numbers at key positions.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Sorry you don't like reality. Mac needs to pick it up in recruiting. Scream, cry, moan and piss...it doesn't change REALITY. He has to do a better job.
Isn't that part of the reason that you bring in a Recruiter like Gray?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Come on, Law....

- FIVE 4* recievers including the #2 recievers in the nation.
- TWO 4* RB's including the #1 JC and another a kid who nick Saban was personally trying to flip.
- A 4* QB flip who was a long time LSU comitt. I won't even bother trying to sell you on the fact that our 2* QB who you constantly "trash" has thus far outperformed him. Like it or not, we got 2 good QBs.
- The nations top rated place kicker.
- Three good SEC caliber OL. Though I've said I wish we had another one or two...

Point is, that offensive recruiting was top notch. Sorry the nations top JC RB or the number two reciever in the country didn't get a "5th star". It doesn't change the fact that they were the best available and signed with UF.... A miracle really... Considering we ended the season hoping our defense would get us safety's to keep from being shut out....

Offensive recruiting is not the problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator