Recruiting Florida Lands 4* ATH Kadrius Tony

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bama has now offered Toney. McElwain ahead of the curve again?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. He's the greatest evaluator in all of college football.

I sense a bit of sarcasm in your post...

We got Clayton who ended up being a 5* because Mac saw the potential and he was in on Perine early as well. We will have to see how these guys and Trask pan out, but there is something to be said for the fact that the other schools are offering the kids after Mac does.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We got Clayton who ended up being a 5* because Mac saw the potential and he was in on Perine early as well. We will have to see how these guys and Trask pan out, but there is something to be said for the fact that the other schools are offering the kids after Mac does.

He may be a very good evaluator of talent. But he reached a lot last year at the beginning of the year.

This year's class has begun very solid. I don't know anything about this kid but the other 4 recruits are all very good recruits. As opposed to this time last year…

It seems in the last few weeks we have really been focusing on the DT position with Rumph on the trail. LB still seems to be a barren wasteland.

Another thing that I like that they're doing is that although they are focusing on big fish such as Grimes, Peoples-Jones, and Robinson, they are still evaluating and offering lower tier WR prospects. That way if we strike out we still have solid players coming in.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yes...sarcasm. I imagine if you go look at every SEC recruiting class you will find a handful kids just like those on our roster. I think McElwain and the staff is trying hard and hopeful that this year's class pays dividends. There are far too many misses and holes to sit here and act like because we pulled a Trask or whomever that we have this rock-star coach that knows something other coaches don't know. It's silly. Basically you're implying that if we offer a kid before an Alabama or Ohio State does that we got the jump...because we're so much better at evaluating talent. There's a lot that goes into making an offer to a kid, and sometimes that includes taking a kid who is considered a risk by most top P5 schools (such as Trask).

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes...sarcasm. I imagine if you go look at every SEC recruiting class you will find a handful kids just like those on our roster. I think McElwain and the staff is trying hard and hopeful that this year's class pays dividends. There are far too many misses and holes to sit here and act like because we pulled a Trask or whomever that we have this rock-star coach that knows something other coaches don't know. It's silly. Basically you're implying that if we offer a kid before an Alabama or Ohio State does that we got the jump...because we're so much better at evaluating talent. There's a lot that goes into making an offer to a kid, and sometimes that includes taking a kid who is considered a risk by most top P5 schools (such as Trask).
Yep. You have to believe in your ability to evaluate to take a Perrine early or a Trask at all.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I see your point and I'm not saying Mac is some magical coach at evaluating 3* talent. We certainly had some misses and it is going to impact our defense in 2017. That said... I do like that he recognizes these guys early. Trask definitely is a risk, but he was very early on Clayton who ended up being a 5*.

The overall point was that so many people complained about Toney because he was a 3*, but now that Bama has offered him, they might have a different opinion.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I see your point and I'm not saying Mac is some magical coach at evaluating 3* talent. We certainly had some misses and it is going to impact our defense in 2017. That said... I do like that he recognizes these guys early. Trask definitely is a risk, but he was very early on Clayton who ended up being a 5*.

The overall point was that so many people complained about Toney because he was a 3*, but now that Bama has offered him, they might have a different opinion.

Agreed here. I like Trask as well. And I hope Toney's commitment sticks.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016

Rivals or 247?

my count is a little different ahhh well here it is:

Rivals:
Trevon Grimes
Shaun Wade
James Robinson
DPJ (he really does have interest in UF)
Calvin Ashley
Jarez Parks
Devon Hunter

24/7
pretty much the same except add Alex Leatherwood.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
247:
Trevon Grimes - OSU 92%, UF 8%
Shaun Wade - says he committed to OSU
James Robinson - 53% Clemson, 46% UF
DPJ (he really does have interest in UF) - Mich 41%, UF 8%
Calvin Ashley - Auburn commit
Jarez Parks - 100% UF
Devon Hunter - 85% VT, 14% Clemson, UF 0%

Bama is in 27 of the top 50 kid's top 5. OSU was in 17 then the site froze up.

It is scary that we are on only 5 kids radars. Anyone who can't see that recruiting is in major major trouble just doesn't want to hear the god forsaken truth.

Oh wait, stars don't matter. I keep forgetting.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
247:
Trevon Grimes - OSU 92%, UF 8%
Shaun Wade - says he committed to OSU
James Robinson - 53% Clemson, 46% UF
DPJ (he really does have interest in UF) - Mich 41%, UF 8%
Calvin Ashley - Auburn commit
Jarez Parks - 100% UF
Devon Hunter - 85% VT, 14% Clemson, UF 0%

Bama is in 27 of the top 50 kid's top 5. OSU was in 17 then the site froze up.
Because someone is committed that means we aren't in the running?(seeking clarification) I don't go by CB percentages as they are wrong quite often. Just me personally though...don't care if you go by them.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
As a matter of fact I will use a recent example...Go to 247 and look at Demetris Robertson's CB percentages lol. Let me know how that worked out

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Because someone is committed that means we aren't in the running?(seeking clarification) I don't go by CB percentages as they are wrong quite often. Just me personally though...don't care if you go by them.

Stars don't matter dude. And sure, some kids switch here and there but you are off your rocker if you think that Mac and Co are doing well on the recruiting trail.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Stars don't matter dude. And sure, some kids switch here and there but you are off your rocker if you think that Mac and Co are doing well on the recruiting trail.

Point out where I said we were doing well...Oh wait...you can't because I didn't say it. I simply named people that we were "in the running" for (not favored). Don't see where all of the hostility came from lol.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Point out where I said we were doing well...Oh wait...you can't because I didn't say it. I simply named people that we were "in the running" for (not favored). Don't see where all of the hostility came from lol.

Cool. I'm glad you agree recruiting isn't where it needs to be. I hope Mac can turn it around.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. I'm glad you agree recruiting isn't where it needs to be. I hope Mac can turn it around.
I wish you were our recruiting coordinator, busting the coaches balls 24/7 to do their jobs better - I really do, as you will never be satisfied. And while that's annoying as ****ing hell, it would serve a recruiting coordinator well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator