Florida victorious interview on Shane Matthews podcast

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
  1. Where did I ever even remotely imply that anyone’s kid was lesser than anyone? That’s 100% on you.
  2. When did I take a jab at your family? That’s 100% on you.
  3. How do I think I’m bigger? That’s 100% on you.
In fact, I haven’t said anything personal, you have, twice now.
You know exactly what you said.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rut Roh.

....and about UAA. Will try to listen to the podcast soon, but if the UAA can direct funds to FV, we'll see. But they had better get with the program. I do share the opinion that they'd be less than thrilled to part with their cash flow.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's get this topic back to sports before members seek each other out in real life and try and murder each other.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who is they? It sure as hell isnt the UAA. They want to keep sucking down 150 MM a year and paying assistant ADs more than Bammer paid it's AD for a decade.

UAA will scream if even pennies are diverted.

They dont have money for facilities, or coaches buyouts, or NIL.... no they need additional capital campaigns for that. No that 150 MM just disappears into Foolet's mattress or something.

"Operating expenses" on the budget but without explanation of why we cost so much and dont actually have money for athletics.

So you are suggesting that a government entity (The UAA operates under the same premise) is functioning like a government entity?

There will never be enough money to feed this monster

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you are suggesting that a government entity (The UAA operates under the same premise) is functioning like a government entity?

There will never be enough money to feed this monster
I don’t think the UAA is a government entity. I think they are private nonprofit company that has a board of directors run by the AD.

All of their funding comes from private donors. They get no funding from the university of Florida.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I really think a lot of the NIL ridiculousness will cool off after fan apathy just sends the message of "no more". I am already done. I couldn't care less if the season starts tomorrow or next year. I used to be sick when a Spurrier/Zook/Meyer/Muschamp team lost. Now? Who cares? My life is not longer going to revolve around the antics of a spoiled 20 year old athlete who couldn't get into community college.

I am tired of yelling at the tv because of a retard head coach. We hired the same guy as the last 3 although I would argue the last 3 were better than this assclown. At least they did have a winning season.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Some of yall were blessed with "normal" children. Some not. God chooses the strong to rear the special kids.
Billy's Daddy
superman flying GIF by Clay Rodery

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think the UAA is a government entity. I think they are private nonprofit company that has a board of directors run by the AD.

All of their funding comes from private donors. They get no funding from the university of Florida.

They operate like a government entity is what I said.
Case in point, there’s no real accountability for results anywhere in the building.
When was the last time anyone in a position of authority at the UAA was relieved of their duties due to incompetence or poor performance?

Fourteen years of subpar performance in an independent business would result in at minimum a purging of top management if not a complete restructuring.
Maybe this occurred at the UAA and I missed it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Case in point, there’s no real accountability for results anywhere in the building.
When was the last time anyone in a position of authority at the UAA was relieved of their duties due to incompetence or poor performance?

Fourteen years of subpar performance in an independent business would result in at minimum a purging of top management if not a complete restructuring.

Subpar results by what definition... they are making a solid profit. Just because it doesn't translate to the field. As an independent business whose job is to maximize profits. You could say they are. The fact that their goals and our goals as fans are two different goals, is the issue you are having.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

It depends on how you define success. Florida has had among the best, most consistently successful athletic programs in college sports over the last 40 years. We’ve won more SEC championships by far along with dominating the all-sports trophy. It’s rare when we don’t win a NC in an academic year. The only sport that hasn’t been competitive over that time is women’s basketball.

And the UAA publishes their audited financial statements annually. So they are highly accountable on those fronts.

But football…

I realize the investment in other sports is a major complaint of some, many, on this board. And football has been languishing the last 14 years. But to me the football issues have been around decisions on football facilities and HC hires. We could and should have built facilities (and staff) like we now have 15 years ago and upgraded them since.

They could and should have done all of it, and done so while funding the other sports’ excellence. The money to support that vision is and was there. You can’t pay too much for a great hire, and whatever you’re paying a wrong hire is too much.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It depends on how you define success. Florida has had among the best, most consistently successful athletic programs in college sports over the last 40 years. We’ve won more SEC championships by far along with dominating the all-sports trophy. It’s rare when we don’t win a NC in an academic year. The only sport that hasn’t been competitive over that time is women’s basketball.

And the UAA publishes their audited financial statements annually. So they are highly accountable on those fronts.

But football…

I realize the investment in other sports is a major complaint of some, many, on this board. And football has been languishing the last 14 years. But to me the football issues have been around decisions on football facilities and HC hires. We could and should have built facilities (and staff) like we now have 15 years ago and upgraded them since.

They could and should have done all of it, and done so while funding the other sports’ excellence. The money to support that vision is and was there. You can’t pay too much for a great hire, and whatever you’re paying a wrong hire is too much.

The UAA states their strategic purpose as:

To provide a championship experience with integrity on and off the field for the student athlete and the Gator nation.

I realize that this is a typical word salad that government agency type of groups like to create but it does include that dirty word championship in it and maybe you are experiencing it but I am not so the problem must be with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.