***Florida vs Purdue BBall Game Thread 11-22-15***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's just annoying when the first 3 games we were pressing, trapping, going 100000 miles and hour and tonight has been playing wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slower intentionally and it was clear from the beginning that was not a good strategy. Was it to limit the fouling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm not sold on the new coach yet. We'll see.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
So after 4 games, the starting lineup really should be

Chiozza
Allen/BFR
Robinson
DFS
Egbunu

I have really hoped that Hill would finally catch up to where his talent really should be but he just can't score, same with Walker.

Egbunu played a great game tonight. I think pressing a little less will shorten the bench some and make us better overall. Playing our best lineup/players longer.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I'm not sold on the new coach yet. We'll see.
I think he will be great in time. Problem is we have no guards who can consistently make 3s...Chiozza has gotten better. I think White will be great once he gets his players in the system.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he will be great in time. Problem is we have no guards who can consistently make 3s...Chiozza has gotten better. I think White will be great once he gets his players in the system.

I don't follow basketball recruiting that close, but I don't think that we are bringing in any stellar guards this cycle are we?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I don't follow basketball recruiting that close, but I don't think that we are bringing in any stellar guards this cycle are we?
No we are not. We are getting a guard similar to Allen (not as highly ranked) and a forward similar to Hayes. White didn't have much of a chance for this season's recruits. Once Billy left all the top players we were recruiting wanted to see how we play and since the early signing period has passed almost all top 100 players have committed elsewhere. I think we will have a great recruiting class the next year from the early reports.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ok, I have seen the team.
Postives: Lots of hustle on def. Get up and down the court quickly. They didnt get rattled.
They get looks at the basket and open shots. We have a deep bench. Even with Murph out. He will bring
a lot to the team with leadership and rebounding.
Negative: Still lousy FT shooting. For the life of me how can Hill still not hit FTs consistently (and DFS also) THe big guy looks good on the FT line.
Their form is terrible. Poor shooting. So many open shots or decent shots and it goes CLANG........I swear I would work on their shooting and form.
This game: No answer for those big guys. ALmost automatic when they got in withing 6 ft of the basket. And they shot 3s well too but many were gdam set shot threes. I think Murphy is the missing piece of this puzzle.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Purdue's #22 ranking is too low. UF's shooting % is too poor.
"White's style" so far seems "sloppy ball". Hope Egbunu turns into a
dominant center defensively and in scoring. 75 points is pretty solid
against a good Purdue team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get to watch the whole game but it looked like purdue was a match up nightmare. That's a pretty good team we played. We have alot of new pieces and a new coach. We're still figuring out our rotation and the players are still figuring out the new coach. Purdue is a top 10 team imo and we competed most of the night. I think we could be a dangerous team later in the year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes there's nothing you can do when a team is unconscious from 3. Kinda pisses me off though.

Oh and Chiozza is light years better than Hill. Where you at T?
Chiozza is out playing hill , I'll give you that but it's not like hill is playing terribly bad.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes there's nothing you can do when a team is unconscious from 3. Kinda pisses me off though.

Oh and Chiozza is light years better than Hill. Where you at T?

Who isn't better than Hill on the team? Hell, Zach Hodskins should start getting looks over Hill.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't get to watch the whole game but it looked like purdue was a match up nightmare. That's a pretty good team we played. We have alot of new pieces and a new coach. We're still figuring out our rotation and the players are still figuring out the new coach. Purdue is a top 10 team imo and we competed most of the night. I think we could be a dangerous team later in the year.

We're gonna wax their ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator