***Florida vs UK Game Thread SEC Tournament***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't watch this game. I've never seen a Billy Donovan coached team not have offense. I just can't put this on BD. It's a talent issue. Hopefully I'll be better next year. We have some scorers coming in. Walker and Hill are absolute busts.

I haven't watched a game since mid February. This team is abysmal. Worst Florida B-ball team in 20 years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Free throw discrepancy was appalling 23 to 5. Kentucky shot 37.5% and were 3-10 for threes. If a mediocre Florida team can do that a solid team like Duke or Wisconsin will give them fits.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n191649 said:
Didn't watch this game. I've never seen a Billy Donovan coached team not have offense. I just can't put this on BD. It's a talent issue. Hopefully I'll be better next year. We have some scorers coming in. Walker and Hill are absolute busts.

I haven't watched a game since mid February. This team is abysmal. Worst Florida B-ball team in 20 years.

You have to put some of it on Billy... he brings in the talent. I love Billy... so don't get me wrong, but he definitely shoulders the blame for how bad this team is. He has not been able to bring in the talent needed to restock after last year's senior class left.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;191708 said:
You have to put some of it on Billy... he brings in the talent. I love Billy... so don't get me wrong, but he definitely shoulders the blame for how bad this team is. He has not been able to bring in the talent needed to restock after last year's senior class left.

Sure. Some of it is on his shoulders. But every coach goes through this. Sometimes you get a class or two that's just full of duds. And in basketball it's catastrophic for those seasons. This isn't Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky. BD has can't afford misses or this happens. .

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
T REX;n191639 said:
UK is probably going to win it all. Sucks. The offense on our team is terrible. We need a lot of help next year. A ton.

I'm utterly sick of Calipari. I want him gone.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n191764 said:
Sure. Some of it is on his shoulders. But every coach goes through this. Sometimes you get a class or two that's just full of duds. And in basketball it's catastrophic for those seasons. This isn't Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky. BD has can't afford misses or this happens. .

I seem to remember reading that he did take responsibility for lacks in recruiting. Not that KY can be competed with.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n191708 said:
If you go by rankings we recruit as good as anyone except Kentucky annually. We've had top10 recruiting classes the last 2 years. Some players just don't translate

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
VulcanAlex;n191771 said:
I seem to remember reading that he did take responsibility for lacks in recruiting. Not that KY can be competed with.
I don't think it's a talent level overall but a numbers game. We have had ~5 transfers in and 4 transfers out over the last 2 yrs. The last two recruiting classes has only had 2 recuit each (1 ineligible). We just need a to stop with the transfers

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n191828 said:
I don't think it's a talent level overall but a numbers game. We have had ~5 transfers in and 4 transfers out over the last 2 yrs. The last two recruiting classes has only had 2 recuit each (1 ineligible). We just need a to stop with the transfers
I can understand why we've taken on so many transfers each year. Coach is trying to bring in players ready to play now so we can reload as fast as Kentucky. That being said I think bringing in Murphy and Horford was a mistake but Rosario, Macklin and Carter has been good ball players for us.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n191641 said:
Duke will win it all, book it

Not happening. UK is way better than Dook. Hate both.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n192064 said:
Neither will win it all this year.

Who's going to beat Kentucky? They have depth and EXPERIENCE. Those guys were in the finals last year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n192073 said:
Who's going to beat Kentucky? They have depth and EXPERIENCE. Those guys were in the finals last year.

It will be tough but a team like Wisconsin might can pull it off.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Duke and Wisconsin are the only teams I think are capable of beating Kentucky. I don't think this run of Kentucky's is as impressive as ours last year. The field is just so weak

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n192231 said:
Duke and Wisconsin are the only teams I think are capable of beating Kentucky. I don't think this run of Kentucky's is as impressive as ours last year. The field is just so weak

I haven't watched Duke much this season but in the past it seemed they struggled with tall teams like KY and NC usually fielded.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n192235 said:
I haven't watched Duke much this season but in the past it seemed they struggled with tall teams like KY and NC usually fielded.
They've got a really good back court that can get in the lane, Kentucky struggles with that. They shoot the3 as a team really well. They have a franchise player at center. The only problem duke has is they're not real deep and they don't defend as good as Kentucky. But they're 4th in the country in scoring offense. Duke is the kind of team that could get hot and beat Kentucky but I don't think theyd win a 7 game series against em

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.