***Florida vs UK Game Thread SEC Tournament***

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I have heard recently multiple college and NBA teams will be trying to get Billy this offseason. Hope Billy doesn't leave us after a NIT (doubtful) bid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n192357 said:
I have heard recently multiple college and NBA teams will be trying to get Billy this offseason. Hope Billy doesn't leave us after a NIT (doubtful) bid.
I just don't see that happening. Whered you hear that

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see anyone beating Kentucky. That team is damn good and battle tested. We are looking at history. 40-0. Possibly the best team in college basketball history. Certainly the most talented. Coaching is MEH

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n192385 said:
I don't see anyone beating Kentucky. That team is damn good and battle tested. We are looking at history. 40-0. Possibly the best team in college basketball history. Certainly the most talented. Coaching is MEH
Take this somewhere else dude

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n192394 said:
Take this somewhere else dude

Take what? The truth? Sure...I'll do as you ask...lol

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n192385 said:

Time will tell. They might be the most talented but we could have beaten them at our house with a little better free throw shooting. Last years team could probably beat them on a good day as well. Of course this is just my opinion no better or worse than other's.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Last year's team could have beaten Kentucky this year, no doubt. There are several teams with enough talent to beat UK, but nobody has the depth. I would even take 2012's UK team over this year's. Because Anthony Davis > the hyphenated name dudes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Most talented maybe but that team with the Pelican center was better. This team is f'n good though. They shoot FT's better than most. But if we shoot FTs worth a damn and Casey can shoot a little or MF played the 2nd half we can beat them, because Billy is 3 times the coach. I will give Calamari this. He takes stars and gets them to play together and that is an art.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's all opinion. I'd love for them to lose. I hate Calipari and the UK fans are the worst. But as usual, I call it like I see it not what I hope to see. And man, it would be the choke of all chokes. Unfortunately, ain't gonna happen.

On a side note, the field seems weaker because when UK gets all those studs...they aren't playing elsewhere. Not only are they getting MORE Than their fair share but they are taking prospects from other schools that would be stars on other teams. Crazy.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
T REX;n192385 said:
At 40-0 they would still not be in the top 10 of all time teams. They wouldn't be in the top 2 of UK teams. Record...sure, but not even a top 40 schedule and really terrible offensive games, coupled with many many close games vs far inferior competition does not make them the best ever.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's crazy about our team this year is we really aren't ranked that low in the computers, or at least not as low as you would think. Really wonder if we sneak into the NIT as an 8 seed.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n192448 said:
At 40-0 they would still not be in the top 10 of all time teams. They wouldn't be in the top 2 of UK teams. Record...sure, but not even a top 40 schedule and really terrible offensive games, coupled with many many close games vs far inferior competition does not make them the best ever.

Huh? Close games? If they go 40-0 in the modern era that's insane and puts them in rarefied company. Not in the top ten of all-time? Your hate is making you sound ridiculous. They have like 5-6 NBA players. They are going to roll through the NCAAs. They haven't lost and they aren't going to.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
T REX;n192454 said:
Huh? Close games? If they go 40-0 in the modern era that's insane and puts them in rarefied company. Not in the top ten of all-time? Your hate is making you sound ridiculous. They have like 5-6 NBA players. They are going to roll through the NCAAs. They haven't lost and they aren't going to.
It's not hate. It's objective. If FSU went undefeated this year in football would they have been the greatest team ever...hell no. A weak schedule helps a lot. If UK played Dukes schedule or Wisconsins I'd say they lose 3-5 games. Not the greatest ever. They are good but I can name Ten teams over the years that are better than this year's uk team. Not more successful but better. Not my problem you love a uk team that wouldn't beat our Gator team from last season 2 times let alone Uks 2012 team. Our 2007 team, Uks 1996 team, Indiana undefeated team, and so on. I haven't seen a weaker college basketball season as a whole in a long time. Very few teams can score or have talent like 10 yrs ago let alone 20 yrs ago. UK is a product of that and an easy ass schedule, so yes, if they go 40-0 still not top 10 alltime. Definitely a top 5 season in terms of success, but not an all time great team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n192481 said:
It's not hate. It's objective. If FSU went undefeated this year in football would they have been the greatest team ever...hell no. A weak schedule helps a lot. If UK played Dukes schedule or Wisconsins I'd say they lose 3-5 games. Not the greatest ever. They are good but I can name Ten teams over the years that are better than this year's uk team. Not more successful but better. Not my problem you love a uk team that wouldn't beat our Gator team from last season 2 times let alone Uks 2012 team. Our 2007 team, Uks 1996 team, Indiana undefeated team, and so on. I haven't seen a weaker college basketball season as a whole in a long time. Very few teams can score or have talent like 10 yrs ago let alone 20 yrs ago. UK is a product of that and an easy ass schedule, so yes, if they go 40-0 still not top 10 alltime. Definitely a top 5 season in terms of success, but not an all time great team.

I love this UK team? Apparently you can't read either because I loathe UK and Calipari. And that's why my objectivity is real and yours is a joke. I can feel your UK hate dripping from your posts. If and when UK goes 40-0 we can talk again about placement among the all-time greats. I hope we don't. My girl went to Nova law so I will be cheering for the Wildcats sans a UF team to cheer.

Your talk of talent is hilarious. UK is stacked. Did you see UK's OOC wins? Because they played and beat...not just beat but destroyed some great teams. The SEC sucks. Let's see how they do in the NCAAs. I would love for you to come in here and make me eat my words.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
T REX;n192488 said:
I love this UK team? Apparently you can't read either because I loathe UK and Calipari. And that's why my objectivity is real and yours is a joke. I can feel your UK hate dripping from your posts. If and when UK goes 40-0 we can talk again about placement among the all-time greats. I hope we don't. My girl went to Nova law so I will be cheering for the Wildcats sans a UF team to cheer.

Your talk of talent is hilarious. UK is stacked. Did you see UK's OOC wins? Because they played and beat...not just beat but destroyed some great teams. The SEC sucks. Let's see how they do in the NCAAs. I would love for you to come in here and make me eat my words.
Ha...Uks schedule is ranked 41st...that pathetic

Talk about reading comprehension...I never said anything about uks talent. But let's talk. Talent. Florida in 2007 was more talented by a lot for the starting 5 positions. So in my opinion, yes they are not as talented as past teams. They may have more talent, but not more quality talent. WCS, KAT, lyles, Harrisons are barely a over d league level. Dakari, Booker, and ulis may never start a game in the NBA let alone make it to a second contract.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n192489 said:
Ha...Uks schedule is ranked 41st...that pathetic

Talk about reading comprehension...I never said anything about uks talent. But let's talk. Talent. Florida in 2007 was more talented by a lot for the starting 5 positions. So in my opinion, yes they are not as talented as past teams. They may have more talent, but not more quality talent. WCS, KAT, lyles, Harrisons are barely a over d league level. Dakari, Booker, and ulis may never start a game in the NBA let alone make it to a second contract.

Unfortunately, you are using NBA careers as a measuring stick and you'll need to see where these kids land and how they develop. Too early to tell if that's your measuring stick. Lots of 20/20 hindsight. I think that changes the narrative a little. Looking back on the 04's in the moment no one knew how good these guys really were...now? That's a great great team with NBA talent.

40-0 is still 40-0. They need to do it first then let's talk. Your flippant attitude towards a team that goes 40-0 is pretty funny. Sorry, I just don't think you are backing up your opinion with very much outside of UK hate.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
T REX;n192490 said:
Unfortunately, you are using NBA careers as a measuring stick and you'll need to see where these kids land and how they develop. Too early to tell if that's your measuring stick. Lots of 20/20 hindsight. I think that changes the narrative a little. Looking back on the 04's in the moment no one knew how good these guys really were...now? That's a great great team with NBA talent.

40-0 is still 40-0. They need to do it first then let's talk. Your flippant attitude towards a team that goes 40-0 is pretty funny. Sorry, I just don't think you are backing up your opinion with very much outside of UK hate.
I'm not using NBA careers, just looking back at the college seasons they played.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Put your bonar for Kentucky away. The 04's would wax this Kentucky teams ass. We may not have been as deep but the quality of players was better. Noah and Horford have both been nba all stars and brewer is a very good rotation player. Kentucky has one player with that potential( towns). Wcs will be a rotational player at best. Nobody else on that roster looks like they'll ever sniff any meaningful nba minutes. Not to mention how weak the field is compared to 07'.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Considering only Fla and UK have ever gone through the entire SEC schedule 18 without a loss that is impressive. Night after night on the road and travel it is impressive,
I hate em cause if BillyD had just a little bit of that talent he waxes their asszzz all the time. You can say weak schedule weak field but it aint no cake walk you can ask 200 other teams how hard it is to get to that final four.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
t-gator;n192492 said:
Put your bonar for Kentucky away. The 04's would wax this Kentucky teams ass. We may not have been as deep but the quality of players was better. Noah and Horford have both been nba all stars and brewer is a very good rotation player. Kentucky has one player with that potential( towns). Wcs will be a rotational player at best. Nobody else on that roster looks like they'll ever sniff any meaningful nba minutes. Not to mention how weak the field is compared to 07'.
:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.