Recruiting Florida's remaining freshmen to arrive on campus this week

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If he's ready play him imo. Most successful running teams use at least 3 backs these days and usually 1 or 2 guys are kinda hobbled with slight injuries during the course of the year, ankles, hammy's, pot suspensions and other minor stuff. If he can carry and knows the playbook get him in there....

Its gonna be nice to have 3-4 good backs to rotate in and out. I just hope Mark finds some stickum for ball retention.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Probably...because that will mean a true freshman has passed the 3 who started the bowl game plus Sharpe and the other upperclassman.....plus the other freshman who redshirted. It would mean a lot of injuries or terrible play. I hope he redshirts and gets a fair shot at learning the system and developing into a solid OL. Unlike those true freshman the last few years that have been thrown to the wolves.
I, too, would like to bring O-linemen along more slowly, but playing miight not mean terrible play and injuries, it might just mean that he played well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Its gonna be nice to have 3-4 good backs to rotate in and out. I just hope Mark finds some stickum for ball retention.
Fumbles are aggravating for sure but if he lives up to his physical stature and runs hard when his number is called I can live with an occasional fumble.....we are going to be a little spoiled after having KT the last couple of years.....I never remember him fumbling once. It's a shame he never got to run behind a proper line.
The effects a big strong RB like Thompson can have really open up a short yardage passing game and give a defense fits in the redzone. I can't wait to see what this season holds for us offensively.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Cleveland and Clayton are the only 2 on this list that I really want to see have any impact. Perrine, Moon and Polite will probably get a smidgeon of reps though. If anyone on this list makes a huge impact it will be because the older guys at their respective positions haven't progressed.....or we've had bad luck with injuries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fumbles are aggravating for sure but if he lives up to his physical stature and runs hard when his number is called I can live with an occasional fumble.....we are going to be a little spoiled after having KT the last couple of years.....I never remember him fumbling once. It's a shame he never got to run behind a proper line.
The effects a big strong RB like Thompson can have really open up a short yardage passing game and give a defense fits in the redzone. I can't wait to see what this season holds for us offensively.....
Discipline is a big part of that. And patience. I'm sure the coaches will get him in the right mindset. Take what he can get, deliver punishment, but don't overextend trying to get one more step. So many fumbles happen when guys are fighting for that one extra yard too many.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway has been enrolled all along, taking internet courses or something.

Treon is the one who has been evicted.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The days of skill players red shirting are long gone. The good ones leave after three years. If they have the goods they need to play. You need to get what you can out of them while they are here. If Perrine is good enough he will see some snaps.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So many fumbles happen when guys are fighting for that one extra yard too many.
Live to play for the next down if you're being gang tackled at the los....unless it's 4th down. Some of this needs to come from understanding the whole team concept and realizing there are other guys who can also get the job done. Some skill position players struggle with this mindset because they've always been the "one" in HS and JuCo ball.. The good news is that both Kronk and Scarlett seem to play as disciplined team guys so if Thompson puts himself first and fumbles because of it he'll find a spot next to the Gatorade cooler. Another reason why I don't want to see Perrine immediately considered a redshirt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, one of the Jordans was having issues last ear but my damned early altzheimers precludes me from remembeing which. Scarlett, I think though.

DCab

Mar 18, 2016

510 total career touches and 0 fumbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.