Foley feels new vibe around team

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20150826/ARTICLES/150829751?p=3&tc=pg

decent article on Gatorsports. Foley claims he wants to see program get in the right direction and feels a different vibe around the team this year. Still makes me question on him giving that guy a raise after 1 Decent year and then not firing him after the 2013 debacle. We could've been a year ahead of where we are this year. Few other things mentioned in the article, just found it interesting what foley had to say, a bit ironic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Can't stop thinking about how bad the hotel must have been to send the upper classmen back to their 20-year-old-guy apartments.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I feel a different vibe in the program, on lots of levels. Clearly Mac has an endearing personality, they are actively showing appreciation and trying yo rebuild connections to the students and fans, and are much more welcoming of the media. I hope it translates to success.

Jeremy Foley is a superb AD and has my full support, successes and failures duly considered.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't care what Foley says he feels around the team. His judgment became highly suspect when he continued thinking the team was on the right path with the last lose he hired.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Whenever I hear anything Foley has to say I automatically think it's a damn lie! He lost all credibility with me after the GA Southern game. #F*ckFoley

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I wonder who is more nervous about the coming season: Foley or Mac? I have to admit that my view of Foley changed considerably for the worse with the extended love he showed for Mushcramp. We can only hope it got it right this time.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Theologator;n266647 said:
I feel a different vibe in the program, on lots of levels. Clearly Mac has an endearing personality, they are actively showing appreciation and trying yo rebuild connections to the students and fans, and are much more welcoming of the media. I hope it translates to success.

Jeremy Foley is a superb AD and has my full support, successes and failures duly considered.

Coach Mac is a builder. Will Muschamp is a ( fill n the blank).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chomper;n266748 said:
I wonder who is more nervous about the coming season: Foley or Mac? I have to admit that my view of Foley changed considerably for the worse with the extended love he showed for Mushcramp. We can only hope it got it right this time.
Foley for sure.

As to the rest of it, what else was he going to say? ADs are always going to support the guy as long as they are still there. Now, he gave Chump too many chances, I agree, however, most ADs aren't going to throw coaches completely under the bus, especially while they are still employed there.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
After a Homecoming loss to Vanderbilt, who last won in Gainesville in 1945, Foley said: “As athletic director, I’m a thousand percent convinced that Will Muschamp is the guy to lead this football program,” Foley said inside his office at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. “Nothing has changed in what we feel about Will Muschamp from the day we hired him.”

I wouldn't put much stock in anything Foley thinks or observes.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now he feels a vibe. How come he didn't feel the negative vibe after the loss to Vandy two years ago, or the negative vibe after losing the Georgia F'n Southern. I guess he's just a positive vibe kind of guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Whenever I hear anything Foley has to say I automatically think it's a damn lie! He lost all credibility with me after the GA Southern game. #F*ckFoley

What has he lied to you about?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Foley was smart he'd keep his mouth shut and his fingers crossed. All an article like this does is remind everyone how much he fu*ked up the Chimp-chump fiasco.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n266638 said:
Fvkk you, Fooley
Really. Nobody gives a rat's behind about Fooley's vibes. Where were the vibes with last bum? You can bet if anything good comes from this hire, other than getting rid of the Chump, the "world's greatest AD" will take credit.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n266868 said:
Really. Nobody gives a rat's behind about Fooley's vibes. Where were the vibes with last bum? You can bet if anything good comes from this hire, other than getting rid of the Chump, the "world's greatest AD" will take credit.

So Foley shouldn't take credit for hiring Mac if Mac is successful? :headscratch:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;n266647 said:

giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n266882 said:
So Foley shouldn't take credit for hiring Mac if Mac is successful? :headscratch:

Nope. Only the failures. All of his other hires were either no brainers, made by the Prez or were winners "because this if UF dammit!".

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Vibes? New vibes? I'll bet the vibes he's hearing are the boosters pounding on his desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.