Foley feels new vibe around team

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n266901 said:
Nope. Only the failures. All of his other hires were either no brainers, made by the Prez or were winners "because this if UF dammit!".
You must be a relative.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Jeremy is the real deal. 99.9% of the other Div 1 programs would give a testical for the hardware we have collected in his tenure..........but ohhhfck Zooker ohhh fck mucchimp...........Boys and girls the sun dont shine on one dogs behind all the time. If you thought we would be winning or even competing for the title every year you are delusional and forget there are dozens of other programs that want it and spend for it just as hard. We have won more national titles in football and basketball in the last two decades than ANY OTHER PROGRAM in the nation. The other sports are outstanding as well. Yes, I know that some of you think gymnastics and tennis and track field is just like tiddly winks but it aint. If we had the 8 other sports that Cal and Stanford has we would always be the number one program in America. As it is we are top fckn 5 every year. BUT FIRE Jeremy and hire some one better. The rest of collegiate athletics knows what we have and envy the sh#T out of us.........

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
stephenPE;n266958 said:
Jeremy is the real deal. 99.9% of the other Div 1 programs would give a testical for the hardware we have collected in his tenure..........but ohhhfck Zooker ohhh fck mucchimp...........Boys and girls the sun dont shine on one dogs behind all the time. If you thought we would be winning or even competing for the title every year you are delusional and forget there are dozens of other programs that want it and spend for it just as hard. We have won more national titles in football and basketball in the last two decades than ANY OTHER PROGRAM in the nation. The other sports are outstanding as well. Yes, I know that some of you think gymnastics and tennis and track field is just like tiddly winks but it aint. If we had the 8 other sports that Cal and Stanford has we would always be the number one program in America. As it is we are top fckn 5 every year. BUT FIRE Jeremy and hire some one better. The rest of collegiate athletics knows what we have and envy the sh#T out of us.........

How much money does those other sports bring in?.......

Yeah exactly. I and probably the rest of the people on this board could care less about winning a title in tennis, track and field, and gymnastics...

In fact, football pays for them to even exist.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n266958 said:
The rest of collegiate athletics knows what we have and envy the sh#T out of us.........
No they don't, but that myth will probably hang out there for eternity. In fact, the rest of collegiate athletics have been laughing at us for quite a while now.

It appears some people think the athletic department will completely fall apart when Foley finally hangs it up. It won't. Believe it or not, there are other people that could do his job.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n266961 said:
No they don't, but that myth will probably hang out there for eternity. In fact, the rest of collegiate athletics have been laughing at us for quite a while now.

It appears some people think the athletic department will completely fall apart when Foley finally hangs it up. It won't. Believe it or not, there are other people that could do his job.

I'm sure there are other people who could do the job. Name one that you could guarantee would do it better.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I will believe Foley has found true bliss when I see him give Mac a bear hug after fending off powerhouse Vandy on their home turf. Law will be happy to provide photographic evidence of where I am coming from. When Mac achieves that, he has become a darling to Foley.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n266961 said:

Link? Yes, the SEC is probably thrilled that UF has skidded the last few years in football but ask the dogs how it went last year or UK who has not beaten us in your lifetime or UT that cannot beat us. You are young and do not remember the REALLY BAD times and years............and NO I do not accept mediocrity but I am a realist. SOS and URB were fckn amazing. Those things are not the norm but we can get back some mojo with decent coaching and talent. BUT I agree with you that Foley can retire and we can still do well. But the guys entire body of work is absolutely GREAT..........

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fooley and all our lives would've been much simpler and happier if he had simply supported Spurrier in the Darnell Dockett knee twisting incident....screw Urbie and his lucky ass and his thugs AND his MNCs.....just look at the laughingstock our program has become. Just not worth it, IMO.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n266979 said:
Fooley and all our lives would've been much simpler and happier if he had simply supported Spurrier in the Darnell Dockett knee twisting incident....screw Urbie and his lucky ass and his thugs AND his MNCs.....just look at the laughingstock our program has become. Just not worth it, IMO.

This was a big deal for me. How do you treat and/or handle SOS? You kiss his ass. ​He is Florida. As far as "screw Urbie". Not hardly. He did exactly what he was paid to do. Win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n266972 said:
I'm sure there are other people who could do the job. Name one that you could guarantee would do it better.
Stacy Bales.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n266972 said:

Tom Jurich

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n266980 said:
This was a big deal for me. How do you treat and/or handle SOS? You kiss his ass. ​He is Florida. As far as "screw Urbie". Not hardly. He did exactly what he was paid to do. Win.

Urbie learned a lot on our dime and is a better coach now than he was with us. He is also the luckiest sob in the universe. Shelley is his best asset.

Mullet was a donkey, but he knew how to do something other than running the friggin ball. Other than the Ole Miss game, the 2008 season was a thing of beauty. Pick your poison, too many weapons to stop them all....Percy, Murphy, Hernandez, Tebow.......Oh My!!!!!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

I don't want Foley coming any closer than this to me if he is feeling a new vibe.

Attachments

• conv_4204.jpg
    conv_4204.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 36

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n266993 said:
Urbie learned a lot on our dime and is a better coach now than he was with us. He is also the luckiest sob in the universe. Shelley is his best asset.

Mullet was a donkey, but he knew how to do something other than running the friggin ball. Other than the Ole Miss game, the 2008 season was a thing of beauty. Pick your poison, too many weapons to stop them all....Percy, Murphy, Hernandez, Tebow.......Oh My!!!!!

You don't think he was a great coach all along? BGSU, Utah, UF, osu...He is a winner. Oh, and Shelley is a flea bitten skank. She was part of his problem here. Along with Dr. Drill-my-wife.

​

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. ANd some fine ass recruiting. And the ability to coach for a bowl game 6 weeks later. Vince Dooley was the luckiest MOFO that ever lived and used up UGA's luck for the next three decades (thank God)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n267016 said:
You don't think he was a great coach all along? BGSU, Utah, UF, osu...He is a winner. Oh, and Shelley is a flea bitten skank. She was part of his problem here. Along with Dr. Drill-my-wife.

​

I think he was a very good coach when he came to us. He was lucky as hell to get to the MNC that year, but definitely kicked OSUs ass. Give him 6 weeks to prepare and you better be a LOT better than him.

His replacement hires for Mullet, Strong, Bedford and Gonzalez were deficient. Zach Azzini sp. was almost as worthless as Addazio. The roster was way out of balance when he left, only to be made even worse by the chimp.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n266972 said:
Cunnalingis Rice

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Anyone else find it amusing tonight when they were interview Fooley? He goes "we are going to upgrade locker rooms, have to make get football back on the right direction"...

It's a damn far cry from where he was last year when he infamously said "This is not an arms race, our facilities are top notch"..

Guy flip flops more than Jeb Bush

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.