Foley Headed To Ft. Collins - Jim McElwain to be hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
I agree with Frangie and the guys on 1010xl: Foley isn't getting on that plane unless he has his man because of what happened in 2004. Sources are pretty good saying Foley and his staff are on that plane. If that's true then Foley isn't going out their for the interview - he's picking him up to bring back to Florida. Personally, I'm ecstatic over this hire. I was really bummed when I heard Champer was the guy. But this guy I'm really charged up. I'm already planning my trip to Gainesville for the O&B game. Let me tell you one other guy that's going to be jumping up and down - Will Greer. He should be getting ready to party right about now.

G8RNGA

With all the hoopla around this, I can't imagine Foley isn't photographed later today. I would imagine there will be reporters waiting on the plane when it lands!

Gator Fever

Watching some youtube tape on their offense they definitely are running out of a spread type formation on many of the downs with how they line the RB up etc. One article said it is McElwain's Bama offense but with a lot of tweaking.

Floridagator

This guy is not a no name. He may indeed be the guy. This is a coach that adjusts and plays his strengths, something champ never did (adjust well). I'm excited, show recruits bama film while he was there. Good TEs RB and WR will come. A respectable QB can get the job done

The Original DC

Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Thrilled that it appears we are on the doorstep of starting a new chapter in Florida football. McElwain will bring us competent offense and championship experience. Can't wait to start supporting him and the program!

Gator Fever

I think he is no better or worse than the other second tier choices out there. Nothing in his background to point to failure anyway.

The Original DC

Postradamus
Lifetime Member

Seriously, some of you are worried about his looks? Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn, two of the dopiest looking dudes around, are doing just fine, and Nick Saban is 5 '4" and is a slightly larger head away from being a dwarf. Just win mfn football games!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
The Original DC;n122135 said:
Seriously, some of you are worried about his looks? Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn, two of the dopiest looking dudes around, are doing just fine, and Nick Saban is 5 '4" and is a slightly larger head away from being a dwarf. Just win mfn football games!

That's all they got They're at their football acumen limit

C

Claygator

Gator Fever;n122130 said:
I think he is no better or worse than the other second tier choices out there. Nothing in his background to point to failure anyway.

Good coach with proven success wherever he has been including at the HC level. Interested to see the coordinators that he brings/keeps

KCgator

Superhero
Born2beagator;n122040 said:
Why does Foley want this nobody? I think I'm just going to crawl into a hole and cry now.

Instead of crying, can you please jump in front of a speeding car? That would be far more pleasurable than hearing stupidly complain about a great hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.