Former FSU player quits job at Walmart to play NFL football

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You go to FSU for four years and the best job you can get is Walmart.
That's great.:nole:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting. Now while I am 100% Gator I find nothing funny about this article. He has done whatever he could to make his dream come through. Now working at Wal-Mart is not the top of the world but is surely better than say working the streets. I hope he can catch on with some team and help support his parents. If he was a Gator I wonder if some would see him differently. He has perhaps made some poor choices, but not as poor as some of our recent ex-players.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin said:
You go to FSU for four years and the best job you can get is Walmart.
That's great.:nole:
I think his actual degree was from MTSU

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
Thanks for posting. Now while I am 100% Gator I find nothing funny about this article. He has done whatever he could to make his dream come through. Now working at Wal-Mart is not the top of the world but is surely better than say working the streets. I hope he can catch on with some team and help support his parents. If he was a Gator I wonder if some would see him differently. He has perhaps made some poor choices, but not as poor as some of our recent ex-players.
Crazy situation like you say. I know of quite a few college grads (children of people I know) that are waiting tables etc. because they can't find work. Heck I read an article that a big portion of grads are having to go live back home because there isn't nearly enough jobs for all the grads there is now.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with Alex. I don't find the article funny either. The kid is showing that hard work does pay off. Even though I am nowhere near a Nole a fan, I can't help but cheer for a kid with this type of determination.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought they all worked fast food?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Before you feel sorry for him, he's been out of college for over a year. If you are working at Walmart because you are looking to play pro football, that's one thing.

But, come on, use the free education you got and get a better job than $7 an hour. Go to Rent A Center, they will at least pay you $10-$12 an hour. Heck, I just paid for my daughters braces delivering pizzas (as a part time job).

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J said:
Before you feel sorry for him, he's been out of college for over a year. If you are working at Walmart because you are looking to play pro football, that's one thing.

But, come on, use the free education you got and get a better job than $7 an hour. Go to Rent A Center, they will at least pay you $10-$12 an hour. Heck, I just paid for my daughters braces delivering pizzas (as a part time job).
You have a point but I think Wal Mart can lead to management and a career. I do know some who have degrees that I would never hire anywhere.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The old group would have had fun with this story. Some good ribbing and poking at FSU. Now we get lectured about how it isn't funny, dammit - this poor young man is worth rooting for.

:facepalm:

It seems like the humor left the board when our offense did years ago. Hell, you can't even make fun of Zook anymore without some Buzz Killington coming to his defense.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I won't say that I didn't even get a call from Target or Publix when I applied for a job several months ago because I was desperate to find anything to pay bills. And I have a degree from UF and 10+ years of professional experience. Luckily, I recently found a full time job, although took a massive pay cut just to get in the door somewhere.

But yeah...f**k FSU!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
I guess I won't say that I didn't even get a call from Target or Publix when I applied for a job several months ago because I was desperate to find anything to pay bills. And I have a degree from UF and 10+ years of professional experience. Luckily, I recently found a full time job, although took a massive pay cut just to get in the door somewhere.

But yeah...f**k FSU!
Glad you finally got back into the work force. I know it was a weight on your shoulders.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:

But yeah...f**k FSU!
Its really tough out there right now and the job market has hardly improved. UE is only down due to people saying they quit looking because they can't find a job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
The old group would have had fun with this story. Some good ribbing and poking at FSU. Now we get lectured about how it isn't funny, dammit - this poor young man is worth rooting for.

It seems like the humor left the board when our offense did years ago. Hell, you can't even make fun of Zook anymore without some Buzz Killington coming to his defense.
Zook looks much better than what we have, no doubt about it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:

Yep. I heard Zook no longer has to wring his own mop.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:

F Zook and F this kid!!!!

There, you happy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator