Former FSU player quits job at Walmart to play NFL football

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
I guess I won't say that I didn't even get a call from Target or Publix when I applied for a job several months ago because I was desperate to find anything to pay bills. And I have a degree from UF and 10+ years of professional experience. Luckily, I recently found a full time job, although took a massive pay cut just to get in the door somewhere.

But yeah...f**k FSU!
Thanks! Yeah, it definitely sucks out there. I was humbled for sure. But it is a shot to the gut when you can't even get an interview for a cashier job at Publix or Target.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n20704 said:
I guess I won't say that I didn't even get a call from Target or Publix when I applied for a job several months ago because I was desperate to find anything to pay bills. And I have a degree from UF and 10+ years of professional experience. Luckily, I recently found a full time job, although took a massive pay cut just to get in the door somewhere.

But yeah...f**k FSU!

You have a degree and experience. They know you would basically be temporary. They probably get 20,000 applications for every job, so they can afford to be picky, which in this case means hiring someone that may well be there the rest of their life (and not require a re-hire and re-train situation in a short period of time). With real unemployment still around 15% they can be very picky.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
Thanks for posting. Now while I am 100% Gator I find nothing funny about this article. He has done whatever he could to make his dream come through. Now working at Wal-Mart is not the top of the world but is surely better than say working the streets. I hope he can catch on with some team and help support his parents. If he was a Gator I wonder if some would see him differently. He has perhaps made some poor choices, but not as poor as some of our recent ex-players.
I agree whole heartedly... What is the humor in this story?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n20919 said:
You have a degree and experience. They know you would basically be temporary. They probably get 20,000 applications for every job, so they can afford to be picky, which in this case means hiring someone that may well be there the rest of their life (and not require a re-hire and re-train situation in a short period of time). With real unemployment still around 15% they can be very picky.
Well it's still BS!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:

But yeah...f**k FSU!
Happy you found work, Queenie! Rise to the top quickly!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Swamp Queen;n20704 said:

But yeah...f**k FSU!
You didn't want em anyway

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
The old group would have had fun with this story. Some good ribbing and poking at FSU. Now we get lectured about how it isn't funny, dammit - this poor young man is worth rooting for.

:facepalm:

It seems like the humor left the board when our offense did years ago. Hell, you can't even make fun of Zook anymore without some Buzz Killington coming to his defense.
Good points but as a person who desires to emulate Vulcans I have little to no sense of humor. I was at the store and looked at some meat that was not yet out, an employee asked me what I was doing (if he had been smiling I might have understood he was joking). I gave him a hard time until he indicated it was a joke, my response was I don't have much of a sense of humor.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:

But yeah...f**k FSU!
Yes this is a common thing with the current economy. Good luck in your new job. Now I fortunately don't need a job and my qualifications are narrow, but around here they won't even let me work for free. Once again I hope for the best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.