Former Gator commit, Schuyler Rimmer, transfers to Florida

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n139686 said:
Rimmer is a great pick up. Not only does he have an awsome last name but I think he'll be a pretty solid player down low. I also read that Francis is now practicing with the team , he's not eligible to play this year but he's enrolled and practicing. Add him to the mix aswell.

That's great for Francis! I was excited to see that guy play this year as I thought he was going to be the best of the 2014 class. He's 6'5" and can shoot lights out - maybe Billy can teach him the importance of D so he can get some meaningful PT next year as a RSF, and hopefully he continues to get his academics in order to allow that to happen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n139689 said:
That's great for Francis! I was excited to see that guy play this year as I thought he was going to be the best of the 2014 class. He's 6'5" and can shoot lights out - maybe Billy can teach him the importance of D so he can get some meaningful PT next year as a RSF, and hopefully he continues to get his academics in order to allow that to happen.

I watched his team play on espn last year he's also a good passer and can handle the ball. It was an article on gator country Billy says he's impressed with his effort academically. Definitely be a nice addition to the rotation next year if he pans out

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's a foregone conclusion that Chris Walker is gone after this year and Rimmer will be a walk on, so I don't think there will be a scholarship issue.

Especially with Graham transferring.

Next year is the year they are a legit title threat with Egbnu and Francois eligible along with who they have coming back

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lord, Chris Walker isn't qualified to play NBA next year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n140300 said:
Lord, Chris Walker isn't qualified to play NBA next year.

Yeah Rog, he's definitely not lived up to the hype so far.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n139729 said:
It's a foregone conclusion that Chris Walker is gone after this year and Rimmer will be a walk on, so I don't think there will be a scholarship issue.

Especially with Graham transferring.

Next year is the year they are a legit title threat with Egbnu and Francois eligible along with who they have coming back
Lol Chris walker is barely getting 10 mins a game right now. He's far from being a draft pick

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n140486 said:
Lol Chris walker is barely getting 10 mins a game right now. He's far from being a draft pick

Agreed. He's currently #44 to the Sixers per:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

His stock has been sliding since the beginning of the season - he may still decide to leave, and he may not get drafted, if he doesn't show vast improvement over the second half of the season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n140549 said:
Agreed. He's currently #44 to the Sixers per:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

His stock has been sliding since the beginning of the season - he may still decide to leave, and he may not get drafted, if he doesn't show vast improvement over the second half of the season.

sad really, he seems like a really good kid. At this point in his career he's way too raw, I don't believe he's a nba player. I'd like to see him get his degree and it would give him a chance to develop. He reminds of Adrian moss but more athletic.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Do I think he SHOULD leave? Heck no. But I believe he will due to his family situation and the money he can make even as a second round pick

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.