Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We going to turn the guy into Tebow? It isn’t happening.
Instead of The Speech, we'll have a statue of Franks shushing a couple of fat middle-aged UF fans. A watershed moment for the program.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just the threat of Trash made him work harder this week.

More of our trash (safeties, OL, and LBs) need to feel threatened.
Something seemed to happen. I would like to think it was when he first hit the smaller DB and ran over him, but he seemed to come into the game with a different mind set.
And, "No", Ox, he will never be Tebow. But instead of missing covered receivers, perhaps he would get the opportunity to miss wide open receivers.

UForFU

Nov 17, 2017
Terrible look. It’s not like Franks is some outstanding player who had a bad game and fans were acting entitled; then maybe I could understand it.

The reality is you’re not very good and getting boo’ed sometimes comes with the position. Shushing your own fans because you’re bitter just isn’t smart.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah, I would like to see both aspects working, but "yes", when we run for 360 yds I will settle for 160 passing on 70 per cent completions with a TD and no INTs.
Wonder what his passer rating was.
The main thing yesterday, to me, was that, although he behaved like a child, he played like a man.
I am not sure why so many are finding this post objectionable, but it is true that I would rather see Tebow run over a LB for a six yard gain than hit a wide open receiver for 30. But it is not as if I am trying to keep the rest of you from enjoying your modern, wimpy football. I will admit that I was surprised to see Ox among the snowflakes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure why so many are finding this post objectionable, but it is true that I would rather see Tebow run over a LB for a six yard gain than hit a wide open receiver for 30.
You'd rather have a 6 yard gain than a 30 yard gain?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
It may help some but most probably not. Recall Spurrier called,out fans for booing his last season at UF. If he thought it was helpful why didn't he encourage it? But OBC didn't know much about football now did he?

I saw SOS at the game yesterday, he was booing his ass off. Once Frank's gave the shush sign he grabbed his crotch and then gave him the stone cold double bird. He also mentioned something about hating people who didn't have the fortitude to handle message boards.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You'd rather have a 6 yard gain than a 30 yard gain?
It was the threat of Tebow running up the gut for six or eight that made many of the big plays possible from 2006-2008. It's the essence of how Mullen's offense works.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
So you want to go into the final three games having absolutely no threat of a downfield passing game?

Putting his attitude problems aside, I am sick and tired of not being able to pass the damn ball. Eight damn years and we still can't make simple passes down the field. Franks is one of the most inaccurate passers we've ever had. You give him 10 passes, maybe 3 are catchable.
He’s got us to 8-3, presumably. If Trask or EJ was better, they would be starting. We have no alternative.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey, there is no accounting for taste. But tell me, seeing Tim run over that FSU linebacker who had been running his mouth was immensely pleasurable, now wasn't it?
Yeah, mentally I exchanged that red ketchup paint off the field for actual Nole blood.

But I'd just as soon he kill them with darts like Danny threw.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but I would rather it not stop there. Toney has conflict or pitches a fit every 3rd touch. His DC needs to grow up too.
Every 3rd touch. So basically every other game. I've seen it too and I agree with you, but I think the thing he's pissed at is that he doesn't get the ball more despite the fact that 90% of his touches go for big plays.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After finally getting the chance to watch the game tonight, I actually thought that Franks ran the ball far better than he has all year. He still can't throw for beans however.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Cograts! I've never seen a post receive every possible emoji response...... Well done Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator