Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll happily take today’s Franks for the rest of the season.
So you want to go into the final three games having absolutely no threat of a downfield passing game?

Putting his attitude problems aside, I am sick and tired of not being able to pass the damn ball. Eight damn years and we still can't make simple passes down the field. Franks is one of the most inaccurate passers we've ever had. You give him 10 passes, maybe 3 are catchable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Um...that's Ltards cousin.

Funny when Lboy posted in PF people complained "why don't you post about sports, are you a pussy?". When he posted in sports forums certain posters called for his banning and demanded the return of their beloved echo chamber safe zone.
You'll eventually be following in his footsteps. Probably sooner than later.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
tumblr_loyzyuprah1qie3i0.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I did not get to see the game for being at Drill but got the highlights during the day. Not impressed with the Shushing. I've always said the kid doesn't have it between the ears but I'll go and watch the replay to see how he appears. It's not smart but part of the booing is his inconsistent play. He could literally come out next week and shyt the bed in FF fashion. So the criticism is not totally undeserved. Yeah it's his right to do so, but it's also the fans right to give him shyt for poor play.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
There's a lot more people talking about this than us. Hell, the Gator media made it the FIRST question Mullen was asked in postgame.
Dooley had a good column about it today. I may send him a congratulatory message about it.
This is why you go to the games.

This is why you stay when it looks bad.

This is why you are a fan.

Games like this one.

Where a young man is turned into a villain and responds by becoming a hero.

Where a coach’s calls get booed and later on he is doing a victory lap.
On a Saturday that started off gloomy, you saw all the emotions you could want in this game we call football — happiness, sadness, anger, fear, surprise, relief.

And the same guy who put his pointer finger to his lips twice after a touchdown run and told the fans who had booed him to shut the bleep up was high-fiving them after the game.

“It’s probably something I shouldn’t have done,” Feleipe Franks said after it was over. “I’m a super emotional player. A lot of people are going to like me and a lot of people aren’t going to like me.”
Dooley: Emotional Franks' play silences some of his detractors

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So, here's my thoughts on it: You're the QB at the University of Florida in the Southeastern Conference. You knew what that entailed going into it. It doesn't matter if you're at Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, etc. When you play like garbage, you will be booed. When you play really well, you will be celebrated. I don't care if he's 20 or not, that doesn't give him an excuse to act like a dumb ass. Franks is extremely mentally immature and has proven that multiple times. 1, Any dude that takes a selfie with those glasses on while making a duck face is a world class douche. 2, (My personal favorite) When after the 2017 FSU game he was asked a question by Dooley, asking him why he performed so poorly he said "I'm not going to answer that, you're just going to spin the story and use it out of context." 3, Shushing the fans. Lets face it, he's a moron.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, I was at the game and heard booing on one play. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it on a 3rd and like 11 and he (badly) threw one of those patented 30 yards horizontal to get 4 yards vertical type of plays? This following the previous two uninspiring plays? So were the fans frustrated at the play calling and booing that or were they booing Franks? Also, from my seat I couldn't tell for sure, but it seemed the booing originated from the East stands and it was by no means even close to being a majority of people but rather just a vocal few.

Either way, I'm not a fan of booing even though at times it's very tempting after enduring slop football for so many years. But Franks is showing his lack of maturity that I think we all suspected he had for a while now. You need tough skin to play that position and all the successful QBs have it. It's too much of a mental position to get caught letting stuff like that cloud your thinking. But football is also an emotional sport and sometimes you do stuff that perhaps you later regret so I'm not going to get too upset about it. Just don't make it a habit.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Okay, so even Franks himself admits he shouldn't have done it. So why are people like you still defending it?
Because piling on is easy. (also a penalty in football or used to be) Defending someone is more my way of life. I sent Dooley and email about his column. I told him you and I were close friends. Make the Idaho tailgate and we can play catch. I will bring the football and we can clear up our differences.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So you want to go into the final three games having absolutely no threat of a downfield passing game?

Putting his attitude problems aside, I am sick and tired of not being able to pass the damn ball. Eight damn years and we still can't make simple passes down the field. Franks is one of the most inaccurate passers we've ever had. You give him 10 passes, maybe 3 are catchable.
Yesterday, evidently, 7 out of 10 were catchable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Part of me likes Franks. I was disappointed that he unnecessarily created more criticism for himself. As far as the future, I want to see a different QB because the primary job of a QB is to pass the ball and Franks can't do it on an acceptable level of consistency.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yesterday, evidently, 7 out of 10 were catchable.
So you're perfectly content with the passing on display yesterday? Think it's going to put us over the top?

All of us cringe and pray when Franks lets one go. I'm quite weary of that feeling.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So you're perfectly content with the passing on display yesterday? Think it's going to put us over the top?

All of us cringe and pray when Franks lets one go. I'm quite weary of that feeling.
Yeah, I would like to see both aspects working, but "yes", when we run for 360 yds I will settle for 160 passing on 70 per cent completions with a TD and no INTs.
Wonder what his passer rating was.
The main thing yesterday, to me, was that, although he behaved like a child, he played like a man.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley was on Mullen like a pit bull over it in the post-game presser. Mullen finally admitted he didn't like Franks' gesture.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018

Give me 0 TOs and account for 3 TDs in FF's Last Hurrahs as our QB, and, yes, si, da, hai, aiwa, oui, I will take no downfield threat.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
the primary job of a QB is to pass the ball
Not necessarily in Mullens offense.....his passing game is created from the threat of the QB running more often than not. With a guy like Dak or Tebow defenses have to choose either get eaten up 5 or 6 yards at a time or occasionally giving up a couple big passes down the field. Most of Tebow's career saw us throwing 18-25 times a game....We will never have a truly conventional downfield passing game in place here under Mullen.....what we could end up with is an effective passing game if Franks or EJ become equally good at throwing and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.