Freeze haters

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n283517 said:
FSU, caught lighting in a bottle, but before those two years, where were they? We aren't talking the last 10, we are talking the last 5, infact the last 4 recruiting cycles. So who would you rather be coached by Muschamp or Freeze? Al Golden and Miami or Freeze in the SEC? Jimbo who except for 2 years with Jameis has been a cluster as a offense or defense or Ole Miss in the SEC. Where are you going to get the TV coverage, SEC or ACC. Where can you start playing right away... These decisions are made on multiple levels, lets not pretend we know all the reasonings.

Do you hear what you are saying? Because you make we want to laugh. These kids are Jr.'s now. In 2012 (their Sr years in HS) FSU was undefeated until we beat them. I hate FSU more than anyone, but their offense was fine. We only lost one regular season game in 2012. I'll give you the UF lackluster offense point, but I'm not sure you know who Hugh Freeze is. He was a freaking High School coach. He came to Ole Miss with "Big Mike" Oher. One of the dirtiest dudes Eddie O gave him a job. You telling me that was not set up? He was a TE coach at Ole Miss. He was a head coach (AR St) one year in freaking college before getting the Ole Miss job.
But any way going back to when these kids made their choice yes if I'm these kids parents I'm telling them to go elsewhere in 2012. Jimbo who has a record of developing 1st round QB's or Freeze; Choice Jimbo. I'll give you Freeze over Muschamp for anyone that plays offense, but not for a defensive player. In 2012 Al Golden had a much better pedigree than Freeze. I realize these decisions have different layers. I'm just betting $100 handshakes have something to do with it at Ole Miss.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Freeze is enjoying the fruits of his #1 recruiting class a couple of years ago. Those players will leave soon and Ol Miss will be back where they usually are, or on probation for Freeze's shady recruiting.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283541 said:
Do you hear what you are saying? Because you make we want to laugh. These kids are Jr.'s now. In 2012 (their Sr years in HS) FSU was undefeated until we beat them. I hate FSU more than anyone, but their offense was fine. We only lost one regular season game in 2012. I'll give you the UF lackluster offense point, but I'm not sure you know who Hugh Freeze is. He was a freaking High School coach. He came to Ole Miss with "Big Mike" Oher. One of the dirtiest dudes Eddie O gave him a job. You telling me that was not set up? He was a TE coach at Ole Miss. He was a head coach (AR St) one year in freaking college before getting the Ole Miss job.
But any way going back to when these kids made their choice yes if I'm these kids parents I'm telling them to go elsewhere in 2012. Jimbo who has a record of developing 1st round QB's or Freeze; Choice Jimbo. I'll give you Freeze over Muschamp for anyone that plays offense, but not for a defensive player. In 2012 Al Golden had a much better pedigree than Freeze. I realize these decisions have different layers. I'm just betting $100 handshakes have something to do with it at Ole Miss.
No they weren't they had lost to NC State and were ranked #10.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
URGatorBait;n283539 said:
I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on the loaner car assumption you make, primarily because of the fact that my wife and I recently bought a used Hyundai that needed to go back to the dealership 3 times, and guess what...they gave us a loaner car each time.
Loaner cars will vary depending on the individual dealership. That's not to say that maybe the dealership let the kid keep the car a little longer than the kid needed it, but again, this isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
You are also assuming that he brought some old junker from Lake City in for repair. How are you certain that he and his family didn't purchase a used vehicle from that dealership?

I worked at a dealer back in the day. If you bought a car there you got a loaner. If your car was under factory warranty you got a loaner or rental. If you brought in a used car you bought elsewhere that was out of warranty you got nothing but a stiff repair bill.
You are making my point though. You have a used Hyundia you bought. So I bet the dealer gave you a similar make/model car. It may have been newer, but it was probably same brand. If they offer that to everyone that is not an extra benefit. If that were the case I'm sure there would be no issue with Laremy. But if you drop your old Hyundai and the dealer (who is an Ole Miss SPONSOR) gives you a Corvette, or Caddy, or Mercedes, and lets you keep it for a long time that becomes a benefit that not everyone has access to. Thus the NCAA comes along and says if Mr. Tunsil were Mr. URGATORBAIT off the street he would not have gotten such nice treatment.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n283550 said:
No they weren't they had lost to NC State and were ranked #10.

Ok correct, still only a 1 loss team towards the end of the year. Pretty nice season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283541 said:

I'm sure you have extensive knowledge of what is going on, or you can continue your circular logic to make your allegations sound truer. You agree, then disagree. It's ok, unless you know the bag man personally you don't know $hit.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
g8trs99;n283553 said:
I worked at a dealer back in the day. If you bought a car there you got a loaner. If your car was under factory warranty you got a loaner or rental. If you brought in a used car you bought elsewhere that was out of warranty you got nothing but a stiff repair bill.
You are making my point though. You have a used Hyundia you bought. So I bet the dealer gave you a similar make/model car. It may have been newer, but it was probably same brand. If they offer that to everyone that is not an extra benefit. If that were the case I'm sure there would be no issue with Laremy. But if you drop your old Hyundai and the dealer (who is an Ole Miss SPONSOR) gives you a Corvette, or Caddy, or Mercedes, and lets you keep it for a long time that becomes a benefit that not everyone has access to. Thus the NCAA comes along and says if Mr. Tunsil were Mr. URGATORBAIT off the street he would not have gotten such nice treatment.
I'm surprised anyone would doubt for a second that he cheats.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n283553 said:
More assumptions. Again, the article plainly states that it was the extended period of time that was at issue, not the vehicle itself.
You haven't shown that the car that Lunsil brought in for repair was some junker from lake city, and you havent defined what "for an extended period" means.
Not to mention how incredibly minor this is. Again, if you are looking for this to be the downfall of Hugh Freeze, you are going to be awfully disappointed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Are y'all saying having beautiful moss-clustered trees on-campus has nothing to do with these kids' choices ... :exactly:?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n283577 said:
I'm surprised anyone would doubt for a second that he cheats.
No one is doubting that anyone cheats, look more closely.
He's climbing up a tree with very little fruit on it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sitting this one out. :dubs:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This surely is a lot of conversation over a really dumb original premise.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n283611 said:
yea....I'm done.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n283611 said:

.... :exactly: ... like us only covering the short routes.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look you HF jock sniffers...... He cheats and will be caught soon...

:dance2:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n283635 said:
Look you HF jock sniffers...... He cheats and will be caught soon...

:dance2:
Didn't you also say that we were going to lose to Kentucky? ;)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n283642 said:
Didn't you also say that we were going to lose to Kentucky? ;)

But this time I have a friend of a guy who works in the AD's office and he heard the conversation!

:banana:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, the Hugh Freeze butthurt is strong in this thread.

Why can't everyone agree the guy is just a good coach and leave it at that?

It's like the same crap. He must be cheating. New Mexico St must be a top ten program. .East Carolina must be a top ten program. UK must be the best they've been in 40 years. Blah blah blah.

How about a shred of objectivity for once? Is that asking too much?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;283737 said:
Wow, the Hugh Freeze butthurt is strong in this thread.

Why can't everyone agree the guy is just a good coach and leave it at that?

It's like the same crap. He must be cheating. New Mexico St must be a top ten program. .East Carolina must be a top ten program. UK must be the best they've been in 40 years. Blah blah blah.

How about a shred of objectivity for once? Is that asking too much?

Damn you love to be negative...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n283739 said:
Damn you love to be negative...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's negative in that post? Nothing.

Jesus Christ...chill the f out folks.

Users who are viewing this thread