Founding Member
But generally, top lineman turn out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;18439 said:
This, once again proves the point, stars don't mean anything. The kid was recruited by Ohio State, Bama and all of the big boys.

Almost 50% of 5 stars get drafted. In evaluating tens of thousands of high school kids that's pretty damn good.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n18374 said:
The bleeding has stopped. Perhaps UF can get into double digits with FNL and get a guy from the state who is rated highly to say yes. McCloud or Williams would fit the bill. It'd be great if one of the guys that is supposedly almost a lock for UF finally comes out and says so. I'm talking about guys like Ivey, Cowart, Jefferson, and Holland. Along with no more guys backing out of going to UF. It's hard to get excited though, UF has two guys that were consensus top ten players in the country, Bullard and Humphries, that have been very underwhelming on the field.
We knew from the jump that Humphries wasn't going to make a huge impact until he put on some weight. He is now 295 and should be one of our top lineman. Bullard has been exactly what we expected. He has had to sit behind some depth, but when he plays he is very good at stopping the run and makes an impact on the game. He should have a great year this year with a lot of double teams being thrown at Fowler. In this defense it will take a very special talent to put up a lot of numbers. For the most part their job is to eat up blocks to free the Buck, and linebackers up to attack the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of CB's or Safties with more sacks than some of our interior d line.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullard? He hasn't sat, dude. What are you talking about? If he isn't hurt or winded, he's on the field somewhere either at end or tackle.

And he's REALLY good. I know that crushing the run isn't as easy to see as a QB sack, but Bullard has been the only solid run defender on our line for a while.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Bullard? He hasn't sat, dude. What are you talking about? If he isn't hurt or winded, he's on the field somewhere either at end or tackle.

And he's REALLY good. I know that crushing the run isn't as easy to see as a QB sack, but Bullard has been the only solid run defender on our line for a while.
Really! Bullard hasn't been a "sitter"!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't know the guy's talking about either. Bullard has been straight dominant.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

and last year he was having to play a lot in an unfamiliar position,dt.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
wow, over on 24/7 they're reporting that Holland and Coney are both participating, didn't think either would. Also T.J. Simmons, 4 star out of Lakeland, a ucla commit showed up in Gator gear. Don't know if it means anything but the kid is jacked.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read that it's the biggest college high school camp in the nation. It's the reason the Georgia dawg night was started. And I've also read that the biggest issue with it is that it's such a huge event that they can't give the time that they need to the people that they want to work hard on recruiting. NCAA doesn't allow UF to open it only to certain recruits. It has to be open to everybody and everybody wants to attend.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, though there is a lot of current players talking it up. I also heard that there's a couple of dawg recruits who blew off their bs camp to come to FNL,including the db who just de committed , he also says that Florida is still in the equation,

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very Sticky...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lotsa talk on twitter about Ray Ray committing to us on Monday.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen the same thing J. I also think we will flip Dexter from UM.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Loved this quote from Ivey "This visit stood out". When we show the offense this fall I think this kid is all Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator