FSU Football: is Jimbo Fisher overrated as a Football Coach?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Omar's chit stinks!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We all knew how this one was going to end.

Nomar, no more.

2816206500000578-3058509-image-a-29_1430200371708.jpg

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Omar does have a point regarding elite QBs. However; great defense, game management, play calling and the ability to make crucial adjustments when the game is on the line is what separates the good from the great. That has a lot to do with recruiting, talent, and overall leadership. Great teams always have that leadership. And it doesn't always have to be a QB. Danny was more of a quiet personally that led by example and just making plays. Tebow made plays but he was also a strong vocal leader. I don't think we would've won in 96 without LW and Donnie Young. And Tebow sparked Meyer's 06 team and led the 08 team--we don't win those trophies without him. However, in all of those championships, we needed both great QB play and leadership along with the coaching to get us there. All that said, a great QB will almost always make a coach look better and thus elevate his status. Saban might be the exception here, but his championship teams were loaded with talent at every position. It's up to the coaches to put in in place. Jimbo has recruited well but he doesn't have much to show for it--not when you consider the level of competition that they've had to face. Elite coaches win big games, even if they're against North Carolina, Louisville, and Clemson...all of which do not have the recruiting advantages of f$u.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He also can't get around the fact that Jimbo Bowdenbastard is a 4-5 loss coach without Rapeis. He's had some decent, not spectacular, but decent QBs most of those others years and struggled regardless even with a powderpuff schedule.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's had just as much talent as Alabama and fraction of the success . Not to mention the schedule they play. He is trash.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Btw, you can't be a Gator and not hate f$u; it's just not possible--not in our DNA. I remember when we beat them in 97, (that great win in the Swamp). A relative had some nole friends and felt "sorry for them" after the game. Imagine that. I immediately reacted "you're not a Gator!" Gators don't feel sorry for noles and we never make excuses for them or pump up their coaches. It's simple: if you you're not a Gator, then you must be Gator bait! And if I have a problem with our coaches, it's most likely because we haven't stomped them back into mediocrity where they belong.

Last edited:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Gonna keep my mouth shut until Mac comes up with anything that makes us think something is special. Ark game would be a good time.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I wouldn't ban him--at least not yet. Give him a chance to show his true identity and see if he can demonstrate that he really isn't a nole. All he has to do is admit that the noles suck, he hates them, and that he wants the noles to lose and he wants nothing more than for the Gators to curb stomp them. Just come clean, Omar, and show us that you're not a nole.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I wouldn't ban him--at least not yet. Give him a chance to show his true identity and see if he can demonstrate that he really isn't a nole. All he has to do is admit that the noles suck, he hates them, and that he wants the noles to lose and he wants nothing more than for the Gators to curb stomp them. Just come clean, Omar, and show us that you're not a nole.

You do realize that no confession from anyone means sh@t. Applied to the current political situation we have Yes On 1 and No On 2 liars. Lying is easy. Believe your eyes.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When Omar says "you Gators can't read", kind of proves than he doesn't include himself.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
He got Christian Ponder and EJ manual drafted in the 1st Rd. He can coach QBs. His problem is the defense is trash. I hope he goes to LSU.
How Ponder and Manuel(manual, :scratchhead::lmao2:) got drafted in the 1st round is beyond me. Both were proven trash at FSU as well as the NFL. Hell, the Jags beat Buffalo with Manuel (manual) as the starting QB.

Oh that's right, you're banned, so you won't respond anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.