FSU Football: is Jimbo Fisher overrated as a Football Coach?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I would argue that the SEC West isn't that good after aTm and Bama. If you want to talk about "who have we beat", ask the same question to LSU and Auburn. I think the SEC West is a two team division (yes the East isn't any better). Here is my ranking of the SEC

1. Bama
2. aTm
3. :chomp:
4. KY
5. bUTtchug
6. LSU/ARK/Auburn
9. USCe
10. UGLY
11. Vandy
Ol' Piss, MIZZU, MISS ST are all a push
CYUa-E4WQAAojDz.jpg

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
On Record only I am right. You will see a little bit of what I am talking about this weekend when the Corndogs are kicked off their perch. Their "wide open" offense will look pedestrian again, and Ed O will look like the loser he is. Who have they played with a Defense since Les Miles was fired? OL Piss, MIZZU, Southern Miss......NOBODY!!!! Plus when we play them in a couple of weeks we are going to play with our hair on fire and shut them down. Then we will revisit this again.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
On Record only I am right. You will see a little bit of what I am talking about this weekend when the Corndogs are kicked off their perch. Their "wide open" offense will look pedestrian again, and Ed O will look like the loser he is. Who have they played with a Defense since Les Miles was fired? OL Piss, MIZZU, Southern Miss......NOBODY!!!! Plus when we play them in a couple of weeks we are going to play with our hair on fire and shut them down. Then we will revisit this again.
Alabama makes everyone look pedestrian and as for our game against them I think (unless Del-Rio steps up his game BIG TIME) LSU is going to hand it to us!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Alabama makes everyone look pedestrian and as for our game against them I think (unless Del-Rio steps up his game BIG TIME) LSU is going to hand it to us!
All we need is a game manager for the rest of the season. Take care of the ball, short throws mixed with two or three long passes every two or three drives to keep them honest, a decent running game, and let our Defense and Special Teams win the game for us. I don't see us scoring over 30 points on anyone the rest of the season (maybe USCe), but I will take five 24-10 wins in a row.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
All we need is a game manager for the rest of the season. Take care of the ball, short throws mixed with two or three long passes every two or three drives to keep them honest, a decent running game, and let our Defense and Special Teams win the game for us. I don't see us scoring over 30 points on anyone the rest of the season (maybe USCe), but I will take five 24-10 wins in a row.
I agree...and I hope he gets healthy soon so he do all that but (at the moment) he's a liability instead of a game manager.

As for winning 24-10 games...I'll take the wins however we can get them! #ChompChomp

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Jimbo would crash and burn....he was well on his way before Jameis saved his ass.
This is exactly my thinking. Before Winston, the FSU fans wanted him gone. You have to remember he was the "coach in waiting" for a number of awful years before he was promoted, so it's not like he entered the HC position fresh. It's always amazing what an elite QB can do to a coach's ability to win. Jameis not only saved his job, he got him a huge extension and basically saved his career. He's a complete mediocrity as a coach and I can't imagine him ever sniffing another title....unless another Heisman QB comes along, that is.

Recruiting is another matter. Since Urban left, he has taken damn near any player he wanted out of the state of Florida. He has recruited far better than I would have believed possible.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is exactly my thinking. Before Winston, the FSU fans wanted him gone. You have to remember he was the "coach in waiting" for a number of awful years before he was promoted, so it's not like he entered the HC position fresh. It's always amazing what an elite QB can do to a coach's ability to win. Jameis not only saved his job, he got him a huge extension and basically saved his career. He's a complete mediocrity as a coach and I can't imagine him ever sniffing another title....unless another Heisman QB comes along, that is.

Recruiting is another matter. Since Urban left, he has taken damn near any player he wanted out of the state of Florida. He has recruited far better than I would have believed possible.
News flash most coaches can't win without elite QBs.

The combination of Monday’s flurry of hirings at Auburn, Arkansas and Tennessee close to naming its coach and the Tallahassee Democrat report that FSU and Fisher are working on a one year extension – which would be Fisher’s second contract extension in the last year – means Fisher will be returning
http://seminolepost.blog.palmbeachp...tate-jimbo-fisher-talking-contract-extension/
That extension was given in 2012, 2013 and 2014. He wasn't in trouble at all.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
An elite QB, by winning performances puts that school at the forefront in the minds of other elite recruits.
Tebow grew up as a Florida Gator, parents met as UF students and yet Tim strongly considered going with
Bama, under Shula.?? Nothing, no coach "captured" Tebow by recruiting; he just followed his prior respect
for UF. The UF Program has to re-propagate its "generic" respectability. And we get zero respect if we get
stomped by FSU at the climax of each year.?? There are many pieces to the recruiting puzzle.

Messedchomp put the UF program into a "Mayday, Mayday" plummet. He knocked down our aerial advertising.
Recruits got used to excluding UF (joke-UF) and H.S. kids got used to looking & finding success at other schools.
Starting to rebuild works by hosting freshmen/sophomores who "make a name" for themselves at UF, due to UF.
The quickest way for that to work is with a national offense, led by a somewhat national QB.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Omar, you ready to admit youre a Clown?Take care in your reaponse bc liars have short lifespans around here.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
So Omar, you ready to admit youre a Clown?Take care in your reaponse bc liars have short lifespans around here.

I'm not actually. I just hate stupid incoherent arguments that are either childish or inaccurate. Like your posts for example. I've used the facts based on Jimbos record and contract to dispel the arguments posted in this thread. Your posts on the other hand mainly consist of BS with a tiny bit of facts sprinkled in and the intellect of a child. A reasonable person can see that Jimbo meets all the measurable of a good coach. The same as Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh. If a reasonable person saw your posts based on their content it would be determined:

That:

A. Your are either a minor based upon the fact that you use a vernacular of a teenager complete with childish nicknames and insults.

B. You are an adult who is simply immature and it shows when you post

I hope you're a kid because if it's B I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel sorry for you.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
The fact that you guys think I'm a Nole because Ive pointed out that Jimbo is a good coach is laughable and here I thought this place was better than Swamp Gas or GSMB. I guess I was mistaken. It's toe the company line or you're a troll or a rival. It's sad really.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that you guys think I'm a Nole because Ive pointed out that Jimbo is a good coach is laughable and here I thought this place was better than Swamp Gas or GSMB. I guess I was mistaken. It's toe the company line or you're a troll or a rival. It's sad really.

Not really. In fact, this is the most negative Gator message board you'll find anywhere. I'd be willing to put a little money on that. The rest of them don't allow free thought at all. At least Ox feeds the trolls a while here. What we don't care for here is consistent dissing of our team while pumping up a different team (same one all the time). So your love fest for FSU is fine so long as you aren't constantly comparing UF to FSU and attempting to put UF in the negative light in that comparison all the time.

Oh and rivals, I forgot that part. GatorChatter has never discouraged rival posters. In fact, they're quite welcome here as long as they aren't blatantly trolling all the time. What we don't tolerate, is rival posters who refuse to admit they are a rival fan, but always talk trash about our Gators. Them types don't last long around here.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You may be quite mistaken. Point taken, when you point out that Jimbo is a good coach, whether he is or isn't your going to get your balz busted. Its a Gator Chat site. Pretty much will happen even if you state any rivals coach. BTW Dumbo's asshattedness outweighs any type of kudos for being a good coach. Not much of a company line around here just a lot of bustin' when you make a statement like that.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Noles are everywhere. They infiltrate rival message boards and pretend to be Gators all the time; it's been going on for years. That's what's sad. At least we had one good one (MuncieNole) :( that didn't pretend and was actually very entertaining.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Not really. In fact, this is the most negative Gator message board you'll find anywhere. I'd be willing to put a little money on that. The rest of them don't allow free thought at all. At least Ox feeds the trolls a while here. What we don't care for here is consistent dissing of our team while pumping up a different team (same one all the time). So your love fest for FSU is fine so long as you aren't constantly comparing UF to FSU and attempting to put UF in the negative light in that comparison all the time.

Oh and rivals, I forgot that part. GatorChatter has never discouraged rival posters. In fact, they're quite welcome here as long as they aren't blatantly trolling all the time. What we don't tolerate, is rival posters who refuse to admit they are a rival fan, but always talk trash about our Gators. Them types don't last long around here.
Where Have I said FSU is better than UF? I said Jimbo is a good coach. **** this ****. I'm out. YOU beautiful Gators CAN'T READ blah blah blah blah blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.