FSU/LSU Game Thread

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
LSU has a player named Major Burns. Major is a cool first name, but uh, er. Keep that kid away from watching M*A*S*H. I think I'd rather be Major Hoolihan if I had to choose.
Both would be better than “Spearchucker” Jones!

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Good point.

Respectfully, I don't think it's a great point. It's the kind of point I used to hear all the time on the Dan LeBatard show, which was a sports talk radio show (now a podcast) for nerdy, marginal sportsfans who think most other sportsfans are moronic meatheads, and are cynical about the whole concept of sports. I am not in their target market but I used to hate-listen to it when it was on the radio because it is a local (Miami-based) show.

Yes, one team made a play at the end of the game and the other team didn't, and fans of the former team are elated while fans of the latter are dejected. I guess that seems arbitrary and dumb to people who underestimate the importance and significance of the fact that one team was able to make a play at the end of the game, and the other team wasn't. It's not just random chance.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Respectfully, I don't think it's a great point. It's the kind of point I used to hear all the time on the Dan LeBatard show, which was a sports talk radio show (now a podcast) for nerdy, marginal sportsfans who think most other sportsfans are moronic meatheads, and are cynical about the whole concept of sports. I am not in their target market but I used to hate-listen to it when it was on the radio because it is a local (Miami-based) show.

Yes, one team made a play at the end of the game and the other team didn't, and fans of the former team are elated while fans of the latter are dejected. I guess that seems arbitrary and dumb to people who underestimate the importance and significance of the fact that one team was able to make a play at the end of the game, and the other team wasn't.
Respectfully... I said "Good point" , not "Great point". There is a difference. :lol:

:stickpoke:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LSU fans wouldn't have been "elated" even if they had pulled off the win. FSU is a crappy ACC team, it's embarrassing it was even close and they know it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Not a good point. One game has both teams coming out of it looking like well coached and on the ups. The other had two teams that looked horrible with some horrible coaching.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Not a good point. One game has both teams coming out of it looking like well coached and on the ups. The other had two teams that looked horrible with some horrible coaching.
True. Utah fans should definitely be happier with their loss than LSU fans. Or less disappointed, at least.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@barstoolsports: Brian Kelly was not happy with a reporter for being late to todays press conference.

The reporter responded “maybe if you win, I’ll be on time”

Absolutely brutal 48 hours for Brian Kelly.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
I was sitting around with a bunch of my local LSU friends last night. The consensus was that LSU really was that bad -- someone said it reminded them of the 1990s teams. The good news is that their Saturdays were now freed up for the rest of the fall. But they also said things that reminded me of some of our conversations here over the last decade:

• Kelly's won everywhere he's coached.
  • Orgeron left the program in shambles.
  • It will take 2-3 years to rebuild the program.
  • I trust the coach.
  • Things will improve.
But that just looked like a badly coached team. It is one thing to get beat by a team with superior talent, but a well-coached team doesn't beat itself (you know, like throwing a damn shoe). I don't know if Kelly is good enough to fix this, but I'm going to guess that his contract means he will get at least 3 years to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.