FSU Settles With Rapeis' Accuser for $950,000

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
sad part is we are the real victim here, that 950k is nothing more than our tax dollars hard at work.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Folks, this is just round 1. TPD and Rapeis will pay far, far more.
She has real money now she can use on lawyers, P.I.s and experts in those cases.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will take Law's word for it and assume that there is more to come but I can't help but think that this is step one in the eradication of this entire mess from the landscape.

Two years have passed, State's Attorney Meggs has retired with a full pension, the TPD goes on covering up everything that happens, FSU still works in tandem with FSU to ensure legal impunity, Pam Bondi continues to ignore the dirt right under her nose and best of all, FSU and every politician in America spews crap about crimes against women and how much they care.

Just another day in the new America.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I hope she gets all of Winston's singing bonus as well, and he is out on the street with his $3 education from F$U by next year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rape is violent abuse. The long history of FBI interviews of victims reveals that
in their statements victims' brains no longer allow them to even say "we" when
speaking of the rapist = not we went to the party but "he took" me to the party ...
... the victim can no longer speak of any togetherness with the attacker.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The ESPN ticker said that legal fees of $700k were included. Remind me, but wasn't her aunt her lawyer?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The ESPN ticker said that legal fees of $700k were included. Remind me, but wasn't her aunt her lawyer?

She was. But some firm out of Colorado (I think) took the case over. They had successfully tried cases like this and at the time of them taking the case, most assumed this was indicative of the guilt of rapeis, fsu and/or TPD, as most believed this firm never would have taken the case if they didn't feel with some degree of certainty they could prove their case.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I think this is a sovereign immunity issue. Basically this means that the state or govt can't be sued except to the extent they waive immunity. By statute I think it is $300k. If their statutory limit is $300k, they have to state the rest is for attorneys fees in order to pay a settlement 3 times the amount.

As was mentioned, this is purportedly the biggest settlement ever against FSU. They want out, badly and quickly.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two years have passed, State's Attorney Meggs has retired with a full pension, the TPD goes on covering up everything that happens, FSU still works in tandem with FSU to ensure legal impunity, Pam Bondi continues to ignore the dirt right under her nose and best of all, FSU and every politician in America spews crap about crimes against women and how much they care.

Just another day in the new America.

This sounds very similar to stuff going on in Washington

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let me remind everyone that this is not about whether she was raped. It is about the fact that there was no investigation of ANY kind for nearly one full year due to a cover up by FSU and TPD.
Who knows if she was raped, all we know is that apparently FSU believed she was so they squashed it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
DGD gets it. This one wasn't about whether she was raped or not. It was about the fact that fsu deliberately shirked their responsibility to conduct a thorough investigation of the "allegation" of rape by the alleged victim and report the alleged incident to the proper authorities so law enforcement could do its own proper investigation. Instead of doing what they were required by title ix law to do, they buried the story and actively conspired against the victim in order to protect their golden boy. That is why this was a no brainer and fsu was willing to set the record for settlement payout before a trial occurred; they knew they were up :kiffin: creek without a paddle and no amount of money would outweigh the embarrassment of being proven guilty of intentionally screwing over a rape victim to protect their scumbag football program. The truth is they get off super cheap. They could have easily gotten 5 or even 10 mill off the boosters because going to court would have ended in absolute disaster for the school, regardless of the truth of the allegations.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My bad ... I fogged over the points DGD and Durty made. So true & accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator