Fun Stats With Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How long has it been since we've lost a season opener? And how do we compare nationally in that area?
The year before SOS arrived. I'm not even about to figure out how that compares nationally. :nono:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Florida hasn't lost a season opener since 1989, longest streak in the country, if Nuss is still here he will kill it off along with the KY streak.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida hasn't lost a season opener since 1989, longest streak in the country, if Nuss is still here he will kill it off along with the KY streak.

Yep, last two Foley hires:

- Ended the Vandy streak.
- Ended the Tennessee streak (fair or not, still happened).
- Lost to a 1AA team for the first time in program history.
- First losing season since 1979.
- Will end the season opener streak.
- Could end the shut out streak.

(I'm sure there's plenty more to add to this. I'm envisioning the pumpers adding something about winning the East twice when it's tantamount to being the smartest retard in a class full of retards).

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
(I'm envisioning the pumpers adding something about winning the East twice when it's tantamount to being the smartest retard in a class full of retards).

avHnbUZ.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What am I doing up this late, you ask? I'm bored!

So as you all know, Florida football hasn't been shut out in 354 games, and that streak is in grave danger this week (and possibly the opening week against Michigan next year). The current record is 365, held by Michigan. If we can manage to score in this game, the bowl, and against UM, we'll be in line to break the record against UAB late next season (provided we also score in every game after UM, of course). Pretty remarkable when you consider the offensive struggles we've had the last several years.

We also have another impressive streak going, and that's consecutive games without giving up 50 points, which we've done in every single game since the 62-24 debacle against Nebraska. For those of you counting, that's 268 games. That also got me thinking. Who has the longest streak without giving up 50 points? And I've come up with the five other programs with the longest streaks besides us.

5. Louisville (final game of 2008 regular season, a 62-13 drubbing at the hands of Rutgers)
4. Oklahoma (now-vacated national championship loss to USC in 2004, 55-19)
3. Virginia Tech (Insight Bowl vs. Aaron Rodgers and Cal in 2003, 52-49)
2. Alabama (5OT thriller vs. Tennessee in 2003, 51-43)
1. Ohio State is the grand prize winner, they haven't given up 50 points since..........1946. 70 years! A 58-6 shellacking from Michigan. Pretty insane to think about.

Now the interesting (or shocking) thing about Bama giving up those 51 points in five overtimes is this. Prior to that game, the last time they had given up 50 points in a game (and it's still the last time they've done it in regulation) was in 1907!!! They lost to the juggernaut of Sewanee 54-4. They've gone 109 years without giving up 50 points in regulation. And prior to that, it was only done two other times. 53 points to Auburn in 1900, and 78 points to Vanderbilt in 1906. This is a program that's been around since 1892, and they've given up 50 points all of FOUR times. I mean, Texas Tech has given up 50 points three times this season. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

What does this all mean? I don't know, it's 1:25 in the morning. Enjoy your day! :captain:

Well, the shutout streak is intact.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice work by our $7 million coaching staff!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now that Urban’s boys just managed to get smoked and give up 55 to Iowa, I’d like to bump this thread. :lmao2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What am I doing up this late, you ask? I'm bored!

So as you all know, Florida football hasn't been shut out in 354 games, and that streak is in grave danger this week (and possibly the opening week against Michigan next year). The current record is 365, held by Michigan. If we can manage to score in this game, the bowl, and against UM, we'll be in line to break the record against UAB late next season (provided we also score in every game after UM, of course). Pretty remarkable when you consider the offensive struggles we've had the last several years.

We also have another impressive streak going, and that's consecutive games without giving up 50 points, which we've done in every single game since the 62-24 debacle against Nebraska. For those of you counting, that's 268 games. That also got me thinking. Who has the longest streak without giving up 50 points? And I've come up with the five other programs with the longest streaks besides us.

5. Louisville (final game of 2008 regular season, a 62-13 drubbing at the hands of Rutgers)
4. Oklahoma (now-vacated national championship loss to USC in 2004, 55-19)
3. Virginia Tech (Insight Bowl vs. Aaron Rodgers and Cal in 2003, 52-49)
2. Alabama (5OT thriller vs. Tennessee in 2003, 51-43)
1. Ohio State is the grand prize winner, they haven't given up 50 points since..........1946. 70 years! A 58-6 shellacking from Michigan. Pretty insane to think about.

Now the interesting (or shocking) thing about Bama giving up those 51 points in five overtimes is this. Prior to that game, the last time they had given up 50 points in a game (and it's still the last time they've done it in regulation) was in 1907!!! They lost to the juggernaut of Sewanee 54-4. They've gone 109 years without giving up 50 points in regulation. And prior to that, it was only done two other times. 53 points to Auburn in 1900, and 78 points to Vanderbilt in 1906. This is a program that's been around since 1892, and they've given up 50 points all of FOUR times. I mean, Texas Tech has given up 50 points three times this season. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

What does this all mean? I don't know, it's 1:25 in the morning. Enjoy your day! :captain:
Guess you can take Oklahoma off that list after giving up 52 today to the fighting Mullets.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Luckily we don’t play Bama. Or that record would be history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator