Founding Member
[video=youtube;b9ynSPtTa9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ynSPtTa9c[/video]

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those little bastards have completely gone 'killer' up here in the NW. The past few summers we haven't been able to eat outside without getting overwhelmed by them. They like meat and they piss me off. They are increasing all over - the article below says it's due to softer pesticide applications being used these days.
http://www.goodfruit.com/the-increas...s-and-hornets/

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That could have been tragic for someone that just happened upon it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crow. That hive is so spectacular they should try and remove it in one piece and put it on display.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia Tech should mount it on the Ramblin Wreck for homocoming

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would of loved to see what those things would of done to a few pounds of raw hamburger.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I first moved to Atl I was cutting the lawn and ran over a nest in the ground and got a couple of stings. I went in the house and put on a jacket and hat and grabbed the gas can and went out to burn em out. Poured gas on the hole and before I could get it lit, those basturds jumped all over my ass and ate me up.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n304307 said:
When I first moved to Atl I was cutting the lawn and ran over a nest in the ground and got a couple of stings. I went in the house and put on a jacket and hat and grabbed the gas can and went out to burn em out. Poured gas on the hole and before I could get it lit, those basturds jumped all over my ass and ate me up.

You're probably lucky you never got that match lit.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n304355 said:
You're probably lucky you never got that match lit.
Yep, diesel works better and is safer (less vapor).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
They are badazzzz/. I had them stinging kids at school for awhile when we exercised. They are aggressive even if you leave them alone. I found the hole behind the back building. Looked like over a thousand. Poured in some gas and covered it. Killed them all with no bite. My son was torn up a few years ago mowing over a hole. Nasty creatures.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Never, ever, **** with gasoline....the fumes will adsorb into your skin and clothes if conditions are right. Kerosene or diesel are o.k.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n304534 said:
Never, ever, **** with gasoline....the fumes will adsorb into your skin and clothes if conditions are right. Kerosene or diesel are o.k.
giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's a pretty big yellow jacket nest in a Magnolia tree near our place, and the yellow jackets are about as big as chihuahuas. I'm staying away from that tree for a while.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n304632 said:
There's a pretty big yellow jacket nest in a Magnolia tree near our place, and the yellow jackets are about as big as chihuahuas. I'm staying away from that tree for a while.
Be a man...knock the **** out of it with a broom and stand your ground.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;304647 said:
Be a man...knock the **** out of it with a broom and stand your ground.
I don't f*ck with insects the size of Miatas stinging me with machetes. :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a kid, and visiting my cousins in NC. We were out being kids, playing in the top loft of a hay barn and stirred up some yeller jackets. I got hit by 7 of them before I could jump down and run like hell. They're very aggressive. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.