Fun with yellow jackets

GatorBart

:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Those little bastards have completely gone 'killer' up here in the NW. The past few summers we haven't been able to eat outside without getting overwhelmed by them. They like meat and they piss me off. They are increasing all over - the article below says it's due to softer pesticide applications being used these days.
https://www.goodfruit.com/the-increas...s-and-hornets/

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
Holy crow. That hive is so spectacular they should try and remove it in one piece and put it on display.

crosscreekcooter

Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
When I first moved to Atl I was cutting the lawn and ran over a nest in the ground and got a couple of stings. I went in the house and put on a jacket and hat and grabbed the gas can and went out to burn em out. Poured gas on the hole and before I could get it lit, those basturds jumped all over my ass and ate me up.

NVGator

Lifetime Member
crosscreekcooter;n304307 said:
When I first moved to Atl I was cutting the lawn and ran over a nest in the ground and got a couple of stings. I went in the house and put on a jacket and hat and grabbed the gas can and went out to burn em out. Poured gas on the hole and before I could get it lit, those basturds jumped all over my ass and ate me up.

You're probably lucky you never got that match lit.

bradgator2

Rioting
Lifetime Member
200.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
They are badazzzz/. I had them stinging kids at school for awhile when we exercised. They are aggressive even if you leave them alone. I found the hole behind the back building. Looked like over a thousand. Poured in some gas and covered it. Killed them all with no bite. My son was torn up a few years ago mowing over a hole. Nasty creatures.

LagoonGator68

mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member

Never, ever, **** with gasoline....the fumes will adsorb into your skin and clothes if conditions are right. Kerosene or diesel are o.k.

Captain Sasquatch

Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
There's a pretty big yellow jacket nest in a Magnolia tree near our place, and the yellow jackets are about as big as chihuahuas. I'm staying away from that tree for a while.

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Captain Sasquatch;n304632 said:
There's a pretty big yellow jacket nest in a Magnolia tree near our place, and the yellow jackets are about as big as chihuahuas. I'm staying away from that tree for a while.
Be a man...knock the **** out of it with a broom and stand your ground.

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
When I was a kid, and visiting my cousins in NC. We were out being kids, playing in the top loft of a hay barn and stirred up some yeller jackets. I got hit by 7 of them before I could jump down and run like hell. They're very aggressive. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.