Game of the Century: Mercer at Alabama

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What must the boys at Mercer be thinking this week? As a coach, what do you say to your team to get them ready? There's no official line that I know of, but I've set it at 49.5. Can Bama cover that?

Discuss.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think bamuh will look past Mercer due to next week’s clash of the titans in the Swamp. Possibly a major trap game, especially with a young qb and a potential letdown after a huge emotional win over miamuh.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saban will dial it down and Bama won’t cover.
:lmao2:

Saban would literally have to order his team to deliberately not score on either offense or defense, and to deliberately miss tackles in order for this game to be that close.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Mercer beat Point University this past week 69-0. I expect they will have a very good idea how Point University felt after this Saturday.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Why does this game even exist? Like if you want a bye-week just tell the SEC office considering they will bend to whatever Satan and Bama wants

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gotta give the walkons some playing time. Crete also may be interested in watching the redshirts, former grayshirts, and blueshirts play.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Why does this game even exist? Like if you want a bye-week just tell the SEC office considering they will bend to whatever Satan and Bama wants
I personally HATE these "gimme" OOC games as they are basically nothing more than a glamorous walk-through most of the time.

Now THIS is a great question. It's ridiculous.
I agree. It is ridiculous. But then sometimes along comes a U.L. Monroe, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, etc. that makes one question even more why they played those schools...

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Getting the label on that Coca-Cola bottle within .0001 nanoseconds of facing perpendicular to the front edge of Saban's podium at the post-game pressers requires a crack surveyor crew. They have to feed their families, too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I personally HATE these "gimme" OOC games as they are basically nothing more than a glamorous walk-through most of the time.
I'm going to be chuckling at you Bammers as the final seconds tick off on this one and you find yourself short of a victory. Mercer won 69-0 in their opening game and they won't be showing much "mercy" in this one.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I'm going to be chuckling at you Bammers as the final seconds tick off on this one and you find yourself short of a victory. Mercer won 69-0 in their opening game and they won't be showing much "mercy" in this one.
Yes, 69 points and almost 800 yards of total offense. Against Point University. POINT UNIVERSITY!

Ever heard of them? Me neither. If Mercer finds a way to beat Bama this Saturday then they deserve to be laughed at. Like when U.L. Monroe beat Bama in 07. Or when Georgia Southern beat the Gators. Or when Appy State beat Michigan... I think you get the picture... ;)

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nothing like a warmup before starting SEC play. I doubt starters play more than a quarter.
Bamas 2nd team would probably be ranked in the AP top 20 so look for no drop off and Bama covers the spread.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, 69 points and almost 800 yards of total offense. Against Point University. POINT UNIVERSITY!

Ever heard of them? Me neither. If Mercer finds a way to beat Bama this Saturday then they deserve to be laughed at. Like when U.L. Monroe beat Bama in 07. Or when Georgia Southern beat the Gators. Or when Appy State beat Michigan... I think you get the picture... ;)
You guys are going down. Big. I'm laughing at you in advance. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What must the boys at Mercer be thinking this week? As a coach, what do you say to your team to get them ready? There's no official line that I know of, but I've set it at 49.5. Can Bama cover that?

Discuss.
Mullinz could keep the score close. He always does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.