Game Videos

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
threatmatrix;n51706 said:
Any idea if libgator has uploaded kentucky game yet.

We may need to ask 8802Gator to post them here because libgator is posting them as unlisted now so when you search for them on youtube they don't come up.

I have been keeping my eye out. When I see them I will post them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our O line actually played pretty decent in pass protection. Most times it was just KY bringing one more than could be blocked and a couple of times the DE got around real fast but he is a top NFL pick they claim.

The few times Driskel ran something seemed different like he was tentative compared to 2012 or maybe I am just thinking it looked that way.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard the coaches say several times that they have asked Driskel to protect himself. I wouldnt be surprised if the reigns come off for Bama. They need Driskel to be a running threat in that game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52804 said:
Our O line actually played pretty decent in pass protection. Most times it was just KY bringing one more than could be blocked and a couple of times the DE got around real fast but he is a top NFL pick they claim.

The few times Driskel ran something seemed different like he was tentative compared to 2012 or maybe I am just thinking it looked that way.
I don't think Driskel has ever been that good with the read option...he did very well against Vandy for the most part in 2012 when he had all those rushing yards but he rarely if ever is asked to do it. If it is going to be a big part of this offense they should have been doing it all along. It's not just something you can unleash against bama and the rest of the SEC without a lot of reps. Unless they are repping the crap out of it in practice but even that is far from being game tested. I know most would probably think it's not that hard because the concept is easy to understand about reading the DE and letting that dictate whether you keep or give it off but it takes a lot of practice to become good at it. If they are just going to do it a couple times a game and not rep it like it's a major part of our offense then we are going to get spotty play from any QB asked to run it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n52858 said:
I don't think Driskel has ever been that good with the read option...he did very well against Vandy for the most part in 2012 when he had all those rushing yards but he rarely if ever is asked to do it. If it is going to be a big part of this offense they should have been doing it all along. It's not just something you can unleash against bama and the rest of the SEC without a lot of reps. Unless they are repping the crap out of it in practice but even that is far from being game tested. I know most would probably think it's not that hard because the concept is easy to understand about reading the DE and letting that dictate whether you keep or give it off but it takes a lot of practice to become good at it. If they are just going to do it a couple times a game and not rep it like it's a major part of our offense then we are going to get spotty play from any QB asked to run it.

I wish it was a priority like it was for Duke last season. I doubt we fare too well against some of these teams without using it quite a bit.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel ran it in HS and on and off here more than just Vandy. He's at his best when he's moving. And according to all reports they have been working the hell out of it in practice since spring. And Fever I noticed the same about his running, I didn't notice any limp so I don't believe his leg is bothering him unless he's tentative because he is afraid of further injury which does happen.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Gator Fever;n52804 said:

It was more than just Vandy in 2012. He broke aTm and the semis backs with well timed read options. He is a lot better at that read than most give him credit for, and when he gets a head of steam he is one of the most dangerous running qbs in the country. If Roper doesnt use him in any read options it will be a huge mistake.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n52917 said:
It was more than just Vandy in 2012. He broke aTm and the semis backs with well timed read options. He is a lot better at that read than most give him credit for, and when he gets a head of steam he is one of the most dangerous running qbs in the country. If Roper doesnt use him in any read options it will be a huge mistake.
I agree he can be good at it just meant more in a comparison to those that do it as their primary offense. just saying that if he doesn't actually get the game reps and practice reps at it he will have those moments where he is not going to make the right read. You can't be as good as the guys like Marshall and Marriota without doing it over and over again. I think he could be very good at it and it should be a staple of the offense.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n52710 said:
This isnt libgator but this guy does good videos too.

http://youtu.be/Kn93VaNQ3YM

Thanks 8802. Ok, I just watched this and our boys made mistakes but also played with guts. Another thing, that supposed delay of game in OT was a good no call. I watched 5 times in a row and as soon as the play clock hit 0 I hit pause and the ball was already in the air. The snap was in time. Screw Ky and all the haters saying the refs got that wrong. They were 100% right.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
8802Gator;n52710 said:
This isnt libgator but this guy does good videos too.

http://youtu.be/Kn93VaNQ3YM

Thanks 8802. Ok, I just watched this and our boys made mistakes but also played with guts. Another thing, that supposed delay of game in OT was a good no call. I watched 5 times in a row and as soon as the play clock hit 0 I hit pause and the ball was already in the air. The snap was in time. Screw Ky and all the haters saying the refs got that wrong. They were 100% right.
Speaking of the dlelay of game call... there is a good frame by frame analysis here.. interesting thing is that the play clock shown on the field graphic does not match the playclock on the bottom of the screen... so most people were watching the one the field and that one may have been fast.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2014/9/16/6160259/florida-vs-kentucky-frame-analysis-delay-of-game

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator