Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF vs. Tennessee

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The 3rd inning is on O'Sullivan for sticking with Dyson too long. He's had trouble the last 3 weeks with too many walks, hit batters and too many pitches. He may need to go back to the bullpen and let Leftwich or Butler be the 3rd starter for awhile. And Brady Smith is NOT a catcher.

Agree that Smith is not a catcher so not sure why Greenfield not in lineup. I assume it is b/c Smith is a better hitter and has been swinging a good bat, tho not a lot to show for it. But Smith is a liability defensively.

All 3 starters struggled to some extent this weekend, maybe b/c of the weather, but Dyson has not had good control his past few starts just as you mentioned.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Winning an SEC series on the road is an accomplishment. But the Gators outhit UT in the 2nd game today 10-5, I think, and had several chances to score more and couldn't get the big hit. Dyson just didn't have it today and with a well rested bullpen, O'Sullivan chose to leave him in until he walked the bases loaded, then gave up a 3-run double in the bottom of the 3rd. We were down 5-1 by the time he came out and it was just too much to overcome in a shortened game. But overall, with the bad weather, it was good to win the series. I'm just greedy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
When you win the first 2 games, you have to be greedy, LOL. When it is against one of the lower tier teams in the conference, you have to cash in on that greed. Granted the lower tier in the SEC is not bad and it is baseball.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This was a rough set of away games. Cold for baseball, for Florida boys. We did fine winning 2 of 3. We got a lot of newish guys extra experience ? That's gotta help. We continued to hit for power. Not much time for rejuvenating rest. Go Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator