Gator Basketball vs. South Carolina

CharlieG

Oct 5, 2014
The team has a ways to go, but a good SEC road win tonight. We made free throws at the end. Offense moves the ball well but doesn't seem to have a purpose with it.
Anyway is that 31 straight SEC wins?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great building an 8-point lead early on. Great holding a win at their homecourt. Did I miss Robinson playing ?
Surely Walker could play more and learn more.
Did y'all see the pretty, well-dressed young lady handing out the Gatorade to our guys ? She sat just behind
the bench - with perfect posture.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CharlieG;n146906 said:
The team has a ways to go, but a good SEC road win tonight. We made free throws at the end. Offense moves the ball well but doesn't seem to have a purpose with it.
Anyway is that 31 straight SEC wins?

22 straight SEC wins, 10 in a row on the road.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Getting the W was huge for this team, but the last 4 minutes of the game was vintage Billy D coaching on the defensive end of the floor when Billy D does not have a great team. The process and basketball IQ was abysmal. I think they fouled on 3 or 4 possessions in the last 4 minutes allowing USC to score while the clock was stopped. Then on 2 consecutive possessions with a working margin, the team completely eschewed guarding the 3 point line and gave up 2 3-pt. FG's in a row. Those were situations where you "guard the arc" as I call it and teach it. Just like I teach the concept of "fouling correctly" when up by 3 and less than 10 seconds to go. You must practice these simple things. Like in football when a QB rolls out and nothing is there you just chuck it into the stands, as opposed to Driskel who would take 5 and 6 yard losses when all he had to do was flick the ball out of bounds before stepping out. These are things you must practice. These are very simple basketball plays and this type of mental understanding comes down from the top.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n146909 said:
Did y'all see the pretty, well-dressed young lady handing out the Gatorade to our guys ? She sat just behind
the bench - with perfect posture.

I take it you know her?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n146915 said:
Getting the W was huge for this team, but the last 4 minutes of the game was vintage Billy D coaching on the defensive end of the floor when Billy D does not have a great team. The process and basketball IQ was abysmal. I think they fouled on 3 or 4 possessions in the last 4 minutes allowing USC to score while the clock was stopped. Then on 2 consecutive possessions with a working margin, the team completely eschewed guarding the 3 point line and gave up 2 3-pt. FG's in a row. Those were situations where you "guard the arc" as I call it and teach it. Just like I teach the concept of "fouling correctly" when up by 3 and less than 10 seconds to go. You must practice these simple things. Like in football when a QB rolls out and nothing is there you just chuck it into the stands, as opposed to Driskel who would take 5 and 6 yard losses when all he had to do was flick the ball out of bounds before stepping out. These are things you must practice. These are very simple basketball plays and this type of mental understanding comes down from the top.
What level do you teach basketball? Something tells me not at the level of Billy Donovan.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
I always forget about game threads, but this was a much needed win. They had me worried after the first half ended but they responded nicely and were in control most of the 2nd half. This is a young team so they just need to continue to grow

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n146924 said:
Know her ? My DNA's under her nails.

I was thrown off when you said "young" lady.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n146915 said:

Do you want to change your name to FireDonovan now?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n146948 said:
Do you want to change your name to FireDonovan now?

what I found comical is how this retard was trying to portray himself as better teacher of the game than Billy D.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
GatorJay26;n146891 said:
Are we the only ones who care about Gator bball? Sheesh

No. Some of us can just enjoy the game without being tethered to the Internet.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;146949 said:
what I found comical is how this retard was trying to portray himself as better teacher of the game than Billy D.
I would say just fire Billy and hire this guy, but would Foley hire someone named FireFoley? :scratchchin:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n146915 said:

I think I'll stick with BD. I'm sure if you've thought of it he's practiced it. These guys need to gel and have some growing pains to go through. Get back to me when you've added some bling and hardware in your trophy case. Hmm, interesting you tied the Driskel thing in there too. Very interesting. Sounds like some posts of old........I wonder if........

artejohnson-interesting.jpg

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n146952 said:
No. Some of us can just enjoy the game without being tethered to the Internet.

lol I was being sarcastic. But it's obvious that people don't care nearly as much as football, even when it's a meaningless Birmingham Bowl game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.