Gator fans are "offense addicts"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it takes away from the glory for the defense. And frankly he doesn't know shiiit about how to do it anyway.

The 2006 offense could have been very dynamic with an accurate gunslinger like Leak back there, but the braintrust was set on running the Notre Dame/ Bob Davie option instead. Top 20 isn't great when you have Top 5 talent, but it beats finishing outside of the top 100 for sure.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
I've never faulted Muschamp for his offensive philosophy. I like power run first football as much as the high flying spread offenses everywhere today. The problem is he tried to build a skyscraper without a foundation. You have to have a big, strong and deep offensive line. We might have had some of the skill position players minus WR's, but we had some of the worst offensive line play from 2011 to the present that I have ever seen on any football team at almost any level.
Yes and even with all that you have to be able to throw the ball.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I'm a Big D fan when it comes to Gator Football. I learned over the last decade of having a "good-great" Defense two things... gotta have Offense support of a few automatic TDs and you damn well better have a 'Rag Doll the opposing QB' mentality on the D-line. Been missin' that bookend sack attack that crushes the life out of drives.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2006 really wasn't that great of an offense. In 8 conference games in the regular season, the offense never put up more than 28 points, and relied heavily on the defense. They found their way in the SECCG and BCSCG, but even those performances were aided heavily by defense/special teams. We might have had decent yardage stats, but scoring wise, it wasn't very good.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n24002 said:
2006 really wasn't that great of an offense. In 8 conference games in the regular season, the offense never put up more than 28 points, and relied heavily on the defense. They found their way in the SECCG and BCSCG, but even those performances were aided heavily by defense/special teams. We might have had decent yardage stats, but scoring wise, it wasn't very good.

Yep, but it sure felt like we had a timely sacking machine (schemes)/ pressure up front and savagery in the middle that felt awfully good during games :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n24002 said:
How much would ya give to have that same offense right now?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This thread depresses me more than the other depressing threads.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will be over by October or Nov 2.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well we definitely need an offensive "fix" since we're all addicts.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That we are offense addicts isn't a stretch. 90% of our teams success has come on the back of great offenses with the 2006 good, but not great offense being the exception.

M

Megatron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am just glad we are finally out of the "Let's be Alabama" stage. I love the way out D plays under Muschamp, I just need to see atleast 25 PPG. Did you ever think you would see the day when 25 PPG would be impressive for UF?!?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Homer J;n23725 said:
People forget our 2006 National Championship year. We were beating teams by playing crappy offense and great defense.
Florida was ranked 18th in the nation in yards and 23rd in points in 2006 (#2 in the SEC). Hardly crappy.
We barely beat fsu, USCe and UGA that year. Those stats were helped by S. Miss (34-7), UCF (42-0) and Western Carolina (62-0). Take away those three gimme games and the most we scored was 28 against Bama (in the regular season). And 7 of those 28 points were on an INT by RFN.

fsu was 7-6 that year, UGA was 4-4 in the SEC that year, Bama was 6-7 that year & USCe was 3-5 in the SEC that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator