Gator Franks vs Transfer Zaire sans Psychic-shotline Frilliness

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire, for 3 years, has struggled & failed to win the starting QB job at ND where he had professional CFB "tutoring-coaching". In contrast, Feilipe spent 4 years with no OC, no QB coach, yet he made himself an Elite 11 finalist etc accolades. Imagine the undisciplined, ill-defined Offense that his brain was marinated in?

Zaire has started 15 games = about one CFB season. In those he has passed for around 816 yards. Now that comports to a starting QB who has averaged 58.3 passing yards per game. Many Mac-killers wailed that he should have cancelled Franks' RS once LDR fell out. Realists joined tragedizer posters who said this would spell ruin for our UF Offense (what # 120th?)? Well even these thinkers would believe Franks could average more than 60 ypg?

Several, Gator players (top DB Chauncy Gardner, several O-lineman) have expressed their confidence in Feleipe as their Gator QB. How many of those have you seen declaring gladness about the fact that Zaire will save them from having to depend on Franks or illustrating open-arms-excitement for their "any-day-now" QB from "out-of-sight" ND? What % of us shall discount those quoted "in-the-trenches" supporters of Franks and get on-board this long-train choo-choo one-track mindset to believe those posters declaring Franks a bust & Zaire a savior?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm making a pitch that this thread stands alone, separate from that Frankenstein Zaire thread, so predominently architecturally unstable as some Tower of Babble.

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm with you Rog. Zaire coming would say many more negative things about Mac & Co. than it does about Franks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to say that this thread should stand alone, separate from that Zaire-Frankenstein multipage quagmire thread. Let's keep this one "tight" to valid effective evidence that can be stacked up in architecturized stability devoid of such Tower of Babble jibberish.??

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire, for 3 years, has struggled & failed to win the starting QB job at ND where he had professional CFB "tutoring-coaching". In contrast, Feilipe spent 4 years with no OC, no QB coach, yet he made himself an Elite 11 finalist etc accolades. Imagine the undisciplined, ill-defined Offense that his brain was marinated in?

Zaire has started 15 games = about one CFB season. In those he has passed for around 816 yards. Now that comports to a starting QB who has averaged 58.3 passing yards per game. Many Mac-killers wailed that he should have cancelled Franks' RS once LDR fell out. Realists joined tragedizer posters who said this would spell ruin for our UF Offense (what # 120th?)? Well even these thinkers would believe Franks could average more than 60 ypg?

Several, Gator players (top DB Chauncy Gardner, several O-lineman) have expressed their confidence in Feleipe as their Gator QB. How many of those have you seen declaring gladness about the fact that Zaire will save them from having to depend on Franks or illustrating open-arms-excitement for their "any-day-now" QB from "out-of-sight" ND? What % of us shall discount those quoted "in-the-trenches" supporters of Franks and get on-board this long-train choo-choo one-track mindset to believe those posters declaring Franks a bust & Zaire a savior?

Zaire was splitting snaps in some of those games. I think we get killed with Franks against Michigan if he is as lost as it appears he is looking at things. Zaire gives us a fighting chance when they blitz the hell out of us and him being a big threat running it should help the RBs some.

I hope I am wrong but I think Franks may be another Driskel when it comes to dealing with pressure. Mac protecting him so much in that spring game just leads you to think that is likely the case right now.

The players were giving coach like speak for Franks isn't throwing quite as many picks now is how I took their statements. Of course they will say the QB is doing good if asked.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome, lowly cleric?"

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire, for 3 years, has struggled & failed to win the starting QB job at ND where he had professional CFB "tutoring-coaching".
Not accurate.

Zaire has started 15 games
Also not accurate

In those he has passed for around 816 yards. Now that comports to a starting QB who has averaged 58.3 passing yards per game.
Played in and starts....not the same :lol: He hasn't played 15 full games, much less started 15 games. Of course, that's another matter on it's own. In fact, there is only 1 game (vs Texas in 2015 when he was the Starter) that he wasn't really sharing time with anyone whatsoever. Kizer didn't come into that game until mid way through 4th quarter with ND up 38-3, and Kizer only attempted 1 pass.

He has a total of 98 passing attempts through his time at ND, or the total of maybe 3 full games. For comparison to UF last year LDR avg 33.5 pass attempts per game. Appleby 29.14 pass attempts per game, in games they played full time in.

So in "3 games" worth of attempts, Zaire is averaging 272 yards per game. And in the only game he was the full time QB and starter, he threw for 313 yards...and did it on 22 pass attempts.

What % of us shall discount those quoted "in-the-trenches" supporters of Franks and get on-board this long-train choo-choo one-track mindset to believe those posters declaring Franks a bust & Zaire a savior?

Either are lightyears of an improvement over LDR. One will be the starter over LDR, the other the back up....over LDR....it's a win win baby! :lol2:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Not accurate.

Also not accurate

Played in and starts....not the same :lol: He hasn't played 15 full games, much less started 15 games. Of course, that's another matter on it's own. In fact, there is only 1 game (vs Texas in 2015 when he was the Starter) that he wasn't really sharing time with anyone whatsoever. Kizer didn't come into that game until mid way through 4th quarter with ND up 38-3, and Kizer only attempted 1 pass.

He has a total of 98 passing attempts through his time at ND, or the total of maybe 3 full games. For comparison to UF last year LDR avg 33.5 pass attempts per game. Appleby 29.14 pass attempts per game.

So in "3 games" worth of attempts, Zaire is averaging 272 yards per game. And in the only game he was the full time QB and starter, he threw for 313 yards...and did it on 22 pass attempts.

Either are lightyears of an improvement over LDR. One will be the starter over LDR, the other the back up....over LDR....it's a win win baby! :lol2:

And I thought you were a Franks supporter :shakehead:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And I thought you were a Franks supporter :shakehead:
I'm on the anyone but LDR bandwagon. :lol:

For the record, I don't think Franks is the nitwit Fever keeps posting about. Does he need some extra work, because as even Donkey says, he didn't have really anyone teaching him in high school, sure, but he has the physical ability to be a big player at this level, and from what I'm hearing about his work ethic recently in regards to trying to win the job, the kid will be capable this season....sure he'd take some lumps if he is the starter, but he's capable.

Zaire makes sense here and will drive Franks harder, also solidifies the starter and backup spots as being useful players, not just some noodle armed piece of crap. Sets up nicely for Franks to be the full time starter in the 2018 season as a R-So.
Of course, if Fields comes in, all bets are off. He's the best QB on the team as a true freshman. Does he redshirt or not...we'll see.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm making a pitch that this thread stands alone, separate from that Frankenstein Zaire thread, so predominently architecturally unstable as some Tower of Babble.

Keeping with the high-brow tone of this thread let me only quote the great Leo Tolstoy
“We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.”

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

For the record, I don't think Franks is the nitwit Fever keeps posting about. Does he need some extra work, because as even Donkey says, he didn't have really anyone teaching him in high school, sure, but he has the physical ability to be a big player at this level, and from what I'm hearing about his work ethic recently in regards to trying to win the job, the kid will be capable this season....sure he'd take some lumps if he is the starter, but he's capable.

Zaire makes sense here and will drive Franks harder, also solidifies the starter and backup spots as being useful players, not just some noodle armed piece of crap. Sets up nicely for Franks to be the full time starter in the 2018 season as a R-So.
Of course, if Fields comes in, all bets are off. He's the best QB on the team as a true freshman. Does he redshirt or not...we'll see.

I gave you a like. Now I know how Queen feels.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If Zaire is truly a better QB, let him start. But please, please, please, give Franks some reps.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Heck, I'll just bring my psychic frilliness over here :grin:
Feel free to ambush me, but isn't this QB "known" more for running, albeit with more control/authority and better ball security? I know we're desperate, but I have to tell you, I've reached my lifetime quota with the "dual" threat QB "full-time" game. I'm drooling for the gunslinger stretching the field, anticipating breaks and feeding the backs... guess I'm just an outdated :eek:ldman:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Keeping with the high-brow tone of this thread let me only quote the great Leo Tolstoy
“We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.”

... so,I can count on your vote, Threat?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Zaire is truly a better QB, let him start. But please, please, please, give Franks some reps.
He will...and why wouldn't he? redshirt season is over. He'll get time, hopefully earlier in the game than just mop up duty.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a shame Trask doesn't have some swagger. I think he's mostly missing just confidence. Doesn't matter though, LDR is getting the start if healthy. If he wasn't such a pussy it wouldn't bother me.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator