Gators' 2015 class ranked No. 61 in the nation

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n91201 said:
To just ignore what Meyer left the team like is ridiculous. I blame Muschamp for 4-8 and this year, so I'm not saying it defend him. Meyer put Muschamp in an early hole, and that is a fact. One good recruiting class is not enough, especially when half transfer.

The '08 and '09 classes were sold classes as well, and were the upperclassmen that WM inherited. Not of the '06 or '07 standard, but each were Top 15. So while they may not have been championship caliber, they also weren't 6-loss caliber either. As for the transfers, it's pretty common for kids to become a little unsettled any time there is a change in staffs and philosophies. The good coaches find a way to minimize defections and utilize what they have. The mass exodus that took place in 2011 was a product of WM's inability, or refusal, to do that. His arrogant "if they don't want to be here, they can leave" mindset gave kids the green light and incentive to leave. There may have been some bad seeds among them. But guys like Gerald Christian, Clark, and several others just didn't like what they saw. No different than Fason in 2003 or Moss in 2005. The difference is that Zook and Meyer found ways to limit the bleeding. Muschamp did not. You can't blame the lack of depth on anyone else. He allowed it to happen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n91404 said:
Meyer couldn't find a way to use Brantely and that offense.

No one could get anything from Brantley. He simply didn't have the drive and determination to be a good college QB. Different OC's, same result. Later cut by the Ravens in favor of an undrafted kid from Temple who(I believe) wasn't even the starter in college. Bottomline, no one was winning with JB. Nothing personal. He just isn't good. And considering the success he's had before and since UF, with various QB's, it's safe to say JB was the liability, not Meyer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n91410 said:
With a lot of Zook's recruits might I add......just sayin'

And several key players that were all him, and then again in 2008 with virtually an entire team of strictly his recruits.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n91423 said:
it's safe to say JB was the liability, not Meyer.
You could probably add JB mixed with the Daz was a recipe for limited success.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Are you ever going to admit what your old GSMB login was? ryan.joseph I presume.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You know thats a compliment right? Saying he can win it all with another coach's players that he didn't even recruit. Thats a mark of a real coach.

Your boy Muschamp wouldnt know adaptability if you hit him in the head with a dictionary.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
G 2;n91480 said:
You know thats a compliment right? Saying he can win it all with another coach's players that he didn't even recruit. Thats a mark of a real coach.

Your boy Muschamp wouldnt know adaptability if you hit him in the head with a dictionary.

Wasn't meant as critique or compliment, just something that comes up whenever there is a discussion about Meyer's success at UF.
"My boy Muschamp." :dunno: I guess you haven't read any of my post over the last 5-6 weeks ? BTW how's "your boy" Coker doing ?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n91437 said:
Are you ever going to admit what your old GSMB login was? ryan.joseph I presume.

Nope. How about some multiple choice ?
1. Gator Sid
2. Quasimoto
3. Cane Thing
4.None of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.