Gators # 79 total offense after 8 games...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Second most important stat yesterday: zero Georgia turnovers.

We are nothing if not a field-position team.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Second most important stat yesterday: zero Georgia turnovers.

We are nothing if not a field-position team.
By golly you said a mouthful there. Even with much better coaching, our offensive production will never get much better without a consistant downfield passing attack which I don't believe will ever be obtained from Franks. I'm with another poster who said if we are going to struggle the rest of the year, lets do it with Jones. There were only 2 great passes thrown by us. 1 by Franks the other by Jones.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk this. Bottom half of the NCAA in anything is never acceptable.

It is probably predictable given this staff and this roster, however.
I wont blame this staff yet. Definitely the roster though, starting with the QB.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By golly you said a mouthful there. Even with much better coaching, our offensive production will never get much better without a consistant downfield passing attack which I don't believe will ever be obtained from Franks. I'm with another poster who said if we are going to struggle the rest of the year, lets do it with Jones. There were only 2 great passes thrown by us. 1 by Franks the other by Jones.
It's a shame because Mullen consistently creates opportunities with the play calls. Players gotta make plays.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk this. Bottom half of the NCAA in anything is never acceptable.

It is probably predictable given this staff and this roster, however.

I can live with it this first season but yes we need to be top 50 by next season.

I can't believe Bama has the # 2 total offense. Talk about a scary stat for everyone else now that Saban lets that guy sling the ball some until he leaves the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wont blame this staff yet. Definitely the roster though, starting with the QB.
I hate to tell you but this staff isnt ever going to produce downfield passing. Once or twice a half, maybe.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to tell you but this staff isnt ever going to produce downfield passing. Once or twice a half, maybe.
Yes, but when he does, it's with purpose. The flea flicker on the first play was an absolute beauty if not for the overthrow and poor effort by the receiver. That place would have been rockin'.

Refrain: The coaches are there to give you the opportunities. Players gotta make plays.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don’t know how you could watch that game and blame it on coaching. First play should have had us 7-3. We were moving and had an opportunity to be score another td before Franks lobbed it to the grey area in front of the receiver. Franks lost us this game. The roster depth on d lost us this game. Typical Swonkey to immediately come out and relish in a loss though.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Yes, but when he does, it's with purpose. The flea flicker on the first play was an absolute beauty if not for the overthrow and poor effort by the receiver. That place would have been rockin'.

Refrain: The coaches are there to give you the opportunities. Players gotta make plays.

This. While there wasn't a lot of downfield passing, every single time they did it it looked like a TD if executed well. It wasn't just yesterday. This was going on all season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've already gotten my money's worth out of this season. Just keep the play calling unpredictable and entertaining, the defense aggressive and the players focused on practicing hard and improving on the field. All of the rest will naturally follow.

It'd be a huge upset IMO for this program to not take a major step forward over the next 24-36 months.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I don't expect them to "Scott Frost" it, but it's apparent to me at this point, they don't trust Franks. I believe, until it's proven otherwise, that with a decent passer with limited brain farts, they would do a lot more. Hells, bells, when the guy misses a wide open flea flicker to start the game, and then completely whiffs on that horrible INT, that's almost enough to make a conservative out of a liberal. What I fear most from Mullen is whether he will want to start Franks next year. That's scary.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I've already gotten my money's worth out of this season. Just keep the play calling unpredictable and entertaining, the defense aggressive and the players focused on practicing hard and improving on the field. All of the rest will naturally follow.

It'd be a huge upset IMO for this program to not take a major step forward over the next 24-36 months.
I truly hope you are right. It will lower my gloom factor and turn it in to :pumper:!!

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I don't expect them to "Scott Frost" it, but it's apparent to me at this point, they don't trust Franks. I believe, until it's proven otherwise, that with a decent passer with limited brain farts, they would do a lot more. Hells, bells, when the guy misses a wide open flea flicker to start the game, and then completely whiffs on that horrible INT, that's almost enough to make a conservative out of a liberal. What I fear most from Mullen is whether he will want to start Franks next year. That's scary.

Agreed. EJ gotta step up next year and prove that he is the better QB. We also would have freshman JJ on the roster. Two 4 star DT QBs that are infinitely a better fit for Mullen's offense behind Franks. Just can't imagine neither one can beat Franks to the starting job, when both would have been fully coached by Mullen from scratch, as opposed to wasted coaching years on FF by the last dumpster fire of a staff.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. EJ gotta step up next year and prove that he is the better QB. We also would have freshman JJ on the roster. Two 4 star DT QBs that are infinitely a better fit for Mullen's offense behind Franks. Just can't imagine neither one can beat Franks to the starting job.
JJ is just tearing it up. He will probably be a 5 star by end of season. And he majors in passing. His stats remind me of Justin Fields, who will probably end up transferring next you when is relegated to the pine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator