Gators blow huge lead, lose to Clemson to drop to 6-4

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Some bad news in preparation for Saturday's game.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
If I'm Coach White, I call Mullen and ask to borrow a big ugly from the FB team. There has to be someone over there who has BBall experience.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm Coach White, I call Mullen and ask to borrow a big ugly from the FB team. There has to be someone over there who has BBall experience.

Yeah, but how many of them are 6'8 or 6'9. The reality is it means Bassett is going to get more time and have to step up. Stone and Hayes will also need to be focused on making sure they don't commit fouls.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, but how many of them are 6'8 or 6'9. The reality is it means Bassett is going to get more time and have to step up. Stone and Hayes will also need to be focused on making sure they don't commit fouls.

Jordan Smith is 6'7" 250. Stone Forsyth is 6'7" 329. Just need someone to clog up the paint and box out.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FLa had a big on the football team that played a power fwrd position one year.........helped us in the sec tournament i recall

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
After seeing him get thrown around like a rag doll the last 3 games, sorry, I'm worried.
I work with a guy who is good friends with Hayes' family and has known him since he was a kid. Yesterday I told him to tell Kevarrius that the next time he sees him, tell him to get some stronger hands and be meaner. My friend laughed and said they've been telling him to be meaner his entire life. :lol:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Some bad news in preparation for Saturday's game.

Gak has played 7, 14, 7, 7, 8 minutes in the last 5 games. It does mean that Bassett who did not play in 4 of those 5 games might be needed to pick up the slack.

The bigger point is complainers like me can not complain as much about White not giving his bigs at LEAST 80 minutes a game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No worries, Kevarrius Hayes has got this. :grin:
He's due to have a better game, that's for sure. How much has Gak actually contributed so far? He's had his moments, but not something we can't live without for a few games.

Team just needs to play great defense, quick hands for steals, scrappy for the 50/50 balls. And make some shots early. Nice thing about making shots is you don't have to worry about offensive rebounds.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Your new starting Center for the Florrriddda Gatorrrss..

:lol: would actually pay to see this.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Your new starting Center for the Florrriddda Gatorrrss..

:lol: would actually pay to see this.

Almost reminds me of Big Baby, who was always fun to talk smack with from the stands before games.

Slaton has a nice touch and good moves for a guy that size. We know he wouldn't be easily pushed around.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is hard to get ready for conference play when all your bigs are trending downward instead of up. Very disappointing, especially Hayes.

Chase appears to have hit the freshman "wall" after just a few games with headaches, stomachaches, etc. and is not practicing. Gak played all summer for some foreign team and has a knee problem that has to be fixed next off season and is only practicing about 2 times a week, thus can't get in shape. Egbunu and Stokes are total unknowns as far as real practice return, then have to get in game shape.....just not looking good for inside game unless Stone and Hayes step it up in a hurry.

Egor and Chiozza are our leading rebounders.....blocking out seems to be an unknown concept to this bunch.

Still hoping for the best as we have proven that all our great shooters can go cold at the same damn time.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Clemson today at 4:30 in the Orange Bowl Classic is Miami. Game is on FS2 or Fox Sports Florida. Clemson is another team that is very good but untested. That have a few good bigs so we need to come out with the toughness we finished with against Cincinnati!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.