Gators blow huge lead, lose to Clemson to drop to 6-4

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
With 4 min left we were up 10 on Duke. White told them to play slower than Wisconsin....we lost

With 4 min left we were up 9 on Clemson...White told them to play slower than Wisconsin....we lost.

Common theme there

This I agree 100% with. It’s like in football when teams take the air out of the football on offense or play prevent defense. Gotta keep pushing tempo and stay aggressive which is what got us where we were.

Would love for somebody in the media to ask White about it to see where he comes from regarding this.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Mike white called a terrible game, but the refs gave Clemson the game by calling it so one sided the entire second half.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I hate to :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: but half court offense and Mike White just do not go together. Same thing over and over and over again. Up 9 with the ball and about 6 minutes to play go back and watch each offensive possession. we got one good shot the entire time and every single possession is one guy trying to create for himself off the dribble. Mike is clueless when it comes to playing with a lead and stressing the defense. One guy dribbles and 4 guys stand around, ZERO off the ball action. Clemson went 1-3-1 zone and the guys were lost. Mike calls a TO and the team is still lost. I have said it repeatedly that Mike's guys play hard for him but Mike has ONE glaring weakness and it is X's and O's, especially and almost exclusively on the offensive end and in the half court.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mike white called a terrible game, but the refs gave Clemson the game by calling it so one sided the entire second half.

Not blaming the refs one bit. We blew it due to selfish shots and no muscle inside.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Mike has ONE glaring weakness

Any coach that persists in playing 3 guards and two SFs when he has Hayes, Gak and Bassett on his bench certainly has way more than one weakness. Any coach that won't stand up to Allen/Hudson and bring one of them off the bench has way more than one weakness. Maybe this is a one year issue due to recruiting, but White knew he had Allen and still brought in Hudson with no place to play him.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This I agree 100% with. It’s like in football when teams take the air out of the football on offense or play prevent defense. Gotta keep pushing tempo and stay aggressive which is what got us where we were.

Would love for somebody in the media to ask White about it to see where he comes from regarding this.
I've asked and commented to multiple media people abut it....haven't heard a word though

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
predictable that its the same people that show up when we lose...

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Any coach that persists in playing 3 guards and two SFs when he has Hayes, Gak and Bassett on his bench certainly has way more than one weakness. Any coach that won't stand up to Allen/Hudson and bring one of them off the bench has way more than one weakness. Maybe this is a one year issue due to recruiting, but White knew he had Allen and still brought in Hudson with no place to play him.
Egor should come off the bench

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just couldn't hit shots down the stretch. Too many WIDE OPEN looks missed. Can't win when the other team shoots 30 fts and you only shoot 17. They got the foul calls and we didn't. We we go inside and get NOTHING. Then we would get called for ticky tack stuff. Can't run and hide from the refs doing that. That is pure bs. Oh well another loss and the Haters and Complainers are happy and doing what they do best!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Egor should come off the bench

That is fine with me if you want to sacrifice rebounding and Hudson is such a bad teammate that coming off the bench is beneath him. Ideally UF's rotation is:

Guard: Chiozza, Allen, Hudson
SF: Koulechov, Stone

Koulechov can pick up any spare minutes at the SG position and Stone can pick up the spare minutes at the 4. That would be a really good team. It might develop some chemistry. We shall see if that is the direction UF goes when/if Egbunu is healthy,

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
That is fine with me if you want to sacrifice rebounding and Hudson is such a bad teammate that coming off the bench is beneath him. Ideally UF's rotation is:

Guard: Chiozza, Allen, Hudson
SF: Koulechov, Stone

Koulechov can pick up any spare minutes at the SG position and Stone can pick up the spare minutes at the 4. That would be a really good team. It might develop some chemistry. We shall see if that is the direction UF goes when/if Egbunu is healthy,
Egor has been the most selfish play I have seen at Florida in a awhile. 15 ft contested finger rolls + 10 other terrible shots today... he is out matched at this level and has no quickness to compensate.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Offered as an itemized requests =
1) When ball handler gets in close to basket, do not bounce pass to Gak. Put it up for a slam dunk, Gak should never handle the ball low. If it is practiced that way Gak will be alert to it.
2) Ballard dazzles at times; train him to operate under more control & give him more PT opportunities to score. He might turn into a great drive finisher?
3) Our total lack of inside offensive command is unheard of among decent teams (under decent coaching).
4) Need a practiced offensive outburst at the midway point of the second half onward.

This group of players/coach do not inspire hope come tournament time (SEC or March Madness).
UF Basketball has become sad.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would think us fans who crtique when we lose are showing how much we want us not to lose, but to win. Many of those criticising were ebulient over our early wins.
UF is 6-4 and the only top 25 team with 4 losses. So many have 0 losses & 1 loss.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would think us fans who crtique when we lose are showing how much we want us not to lose, but to win. Many of those criticising were ebulient over our early wins.
UF is 6-4 and the only top 25 team with 4 losses. So many have 0 losses & 1 loss.
We were the only in the Top 25 w/ 3 loses. We will be out with 4 loses.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's only December and we have a long was to go.

/Jay26

Facts only. The “we have a long way to go” is in regards to our play. But keep being a douche, it fits you :)

Edit: I shouldn’t have called you a douche. Please accept my apology.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.