Gators Get A Color Rush From Nike vs Michigan

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
13854651E.jpg

I don't know, something about this combo just says kicking your ass and prime time living :grin:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
vs. all maize for meat chikin

636395258018884125-uniform.jpg
Sweet Jesus! I'm glad we are not wearing that! In any event it's gonna look like IKEA puked all over the field.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Is this part of the deal for playing this game that we have to wear these jersey combinations? Whatever, I prefer the traditional jersey combo like most people, but we hardly seem like we wear that anymore. I guess this is just how things will be for now on. SMH

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That blue looks like Auburn

To me it looks like UF throughout the 90's when we were dominating the conference, competing for titles, and players like Green were torching secondaries. And it's actually considerably lighter than Aub.

But the fact is we're always going to resemble someone(or they're going to resemble us). The current Uk/Boise/Kansas look is atrocious.

According to law, it's part of the fabric change, so I guess it's unavoidable to some extent. But I just want to stop the slide. And as '78 points out, we're simply doing it too much recently, rarely with any success.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I used to have that 70s script on my little league jersey. It was VERY cool in 79.

White helmets were the helmets at UF until Charley Pell tried to turned us into Clempson in all ways including probation.

Besides if we are back to celebrating four loss seasons so long as we win one "that we were supposed to lose" (we are supposed to be a five loss team w this staff?) I agree we should wear plain old sixties unis in honor of those similarly shytty teams.
I thought Doug Dickey did the orange helmets first, Pell did the orange jerseys.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I thought Doug Dickey did the orange helmets first, Pell did the orange jerseys.

I was a bit young, but I believe dickey had the orange helmets with the interlaced "UF". Pell changed that to the "Gators" script when he switched to the orange jerseys in 1980.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida, 1979-current

Previous Florida helmets had an interlocking "UF" symbol on the sides of the helmet.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's got to be the ugliest shyt I've ever seen. They need the Hell beat out of them just for wearing that.

636395258018884125-uniform.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was a bit young, but I believe dickey had the orange helmets with the interlaced "UF". Pell changed that to the "Gators" script when he switched to the orange jerseys in 1980.

The conversion, including this new UF logo ...

9ru6ujcdibakxn9gfege.png

... occurred before the '79 season. I had a ringside seat. I was in G'ville and working two jobs, one for the advertising firm (Combs, Smith & Manning) that conceived of the new logo, and for the local fish wrap that covered it. Those were heady times for UF football. The program and the stadium got a simultaneous makeover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator