Gators hosting BB transfer from Fordham

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n206237 said:
Maybe with that other big guy we could be a real defensive force now.
For him to be a force on any end of floor he's going to have to really commit himself in the off season. He's also got to get his nerves and emotions in check when he's in the game wich will come with more playing time. It definitely gives us another big body but he's got alot of work to do. The potential is definitely there for him to help us out on the defensive end and on the boards if can commit to being that kind of player.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This makes me wonder if we're recruiting this guy because we're not going to have enough room for kevaughn Allen

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n206226 said:
Shcit. That sucks

Why does that suck? He is a good kid who is athletic and still has potential to grow. He obviously recognizes he has room to grow which means he will focus on it. I think that is a good thing, he can only get better and stronger. I know we have some scholarship issues, but I'm not wishing this kid out the door to get a 6'6 transfer from Fordham.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n206387 said:
Why does that suck? He is a good kid who is athletic and still has potential to grow. He obviously recognizes he has room to grow which means he will focus on it. I think that is a good thing, he can only get better and stronger. I know we have some scholarship issues, but I'm not wishing this kid out the door to get a 6'6 transfer from Fordham.

I believe t was just joking.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n206248 said:
This makes me wonder if we're recruiting this guy because we're not going to have enough room for kevaughn Allen

With Walker coming back that leaves, I think, 10 scholarship players our of a max 13. Two are signed for 2015. Would Allen be the odd man out or Keith Stone? I'd love to have both, but it looks like that won't happen.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
MidwestChomp;n206457 said:
With Walker coming back that leaves, I think, 10 scholarship players our of a max 13. Two are signed for 2015. Would Allen be the odd man out or Keith Stone? I'd love to have both, but it looks like that won't happen.

Keith Stone?

Doesn't he sell Milwaukee's Best?
keith_stone21297524240.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n206457 said:
I read somewhere that Keith stone was signing next Wednesday. I hope we manage to make enough room for Allen. He's pretty much our best recruit. He also reaffirmed his commitment last week. So we'll see

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't seen if there will be anybody that transfers yet...although I don't expect that to be honest. Maybe we can give one of them one of our many football scholarships avail and have them "walk on"... Lol

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
t-gator;n206505 said:
I read somewhere that Keith stone was signing next Wednesday. I hope we manage to make enough room for Allen. He's pretty much our best recruit. He also reaffirmed his commitment last week. So we'll see

The word is Carter will be leaving bball freeing up the last scholarship we need for Allen. Also, Devon Walker might transfer and Chris Walker might still go pro.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n206564 said:
The word is Carter will be leaving bball freeing up the last scholarship we need for Allen. Also, Devon Walker might transfer and Chris Walker might still go pro.
I've heard that a couple times about Carter. That's too bad. We could definitely use him

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would not be surprised if Carter left. But, I don't want D Walker to transfer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n206605 said:
I would not be surprised if Carter left. But, I don't want D Walker to transfer.
Really? I'd rather have Allen and Carter on the roster.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n206620 said:
Really? I'd rather have Allen and Carter on the roster.

I want all three. Allen looks like a solid recruit. I think Carter could have a big season next year. D Walker can provide some depth at the SF spot and be a lock down defender. I doubt some of those last second shots beat us (Ole Miss, Miami, etc) this past year if D Walker was guarding.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Where are you guys hearing about Carter? I would be shocked if he goes... where would he go.. I can't imagine him transferring a second time to sit out another year. He is still recovering from injuries and I am hoping to see some growth from him. I also would be shocked if D. Walker goes anywhere when recovering from an ACL tear

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n206879 said:
Where are you guys hearing about Carter? I would be shocked if he goes... where would he go.. I can't imagine him transferring a second time to sit out another year. He is still recovering from injuries and I am hoping to see some growth from him. I also would be shocked if D. Walker goes anywhere when recovering from an ACL tear
I heard it on Bob redmans podcast, franz beard thoughts on the day and Kevin brockaway tweeted it as a possibility. The rumor is he may quit basketball all together due to injuries. Also, if he did transfer he wouldn't have to sit out because he'd be a graduate transfer. I haven't heard anything about Devon walker but I don't see how he's going to get much pt if he stays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator