Gators in the 2020 NFL Draft

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Below average in size and athleticism!
You really struggle with understanding anything that is going on, dont you?

Honestly, as much time as you soend onnthe internet sort of talking about football, youd think you would develop some understanding if only by osmosis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His size is fine since Zuniga is being viewed as an LB by many. But, even if he stays at DE, there are plenty of elite 4-3 ends in the 250-265 range. .
Hopefully his low production score will be viewed as low bc of his being forced to play out of position at SDE and DT despite being LB sized.

I could see him as a rush backer in a 3-4, or a weakside 4-3. Holefully he lands in the right spot.

He is no Polite though. He can play vs the run and should stick. And his stats arent inflated by Grantham lining him up wide and getting a free rush.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree at how reliable he was. Swain I felt was extremely reliable as well. I felt when we needed a crucial play it went to one of them. It's just not being invited that had me nervous. .
600 yard seasons costs a reciever draft money.

300 yard seasons kill them.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Plenty of DCs care. But, I get his point. A lot of great cover corners in the nfl can’t tackle for shyte.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
His size is fine since Zuniga is being viewed as an LB by many. But, even if he stays at DE, there are plenty of elite 4-3 ends in the 250-265 range. His height isn’t an issue either. Unless that was sarcasm. In that case, my meter is broken. It is my birthday and I’m posting while buzzed.
Happy birthday! I wasn't being sarcastic, I was just repeating the scores that were posted and expressing surprise.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You really struggle with understanding anything that is going on, dont you?

Honestly, as much time as you soend onnthe internet sort of talking about football, youd think you would develop some understanding if only by osmosis.
Then, swami, I will ask plainly: for what position(s) is he rated below average in size? for what position(s) is he rated below average in athleticism? And, finally, do you agree or disagree with those conclusions and why specifically is it dumb of me to ask?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then, swami, I will ask plainly: for what position(s) is he rated below average in size? for what position(s) is he rated below average in athleticism? And, finally, do you agree or disagree with those conclusions and why specifically is it dumb of me to ask?

You read it wrong AR. Zuniga is shown as below average for size and production, but with ‘elite’ athleticism.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
His size is fine since Zuniga is being viewed as an LB by many. But, even if he stays at DE, there are plenty of elite 4-3 ends in the 250-265 range. His height isn’t an issue either. Unless that was sarcasm. In that case, my meter is broken. It is my birthday and I’m posting while buzzed.
At least I typed it wrong. The real question is size. I am not embarrassed not to know NFL sizes. Don't like the NFL; (NB. Itraz: I am using a semicolon!) don't follow the NFL. I knew from the beginning that he couldn't play end in a 3/4. I did think that he might play a passing down rush end in a 4/3. So I ask Mr. Smarty Donk again, "For what position is he said to be too small?"

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
At least I typed it wrong. The real question is size. I am not embarrassed not to know NFL sizes. Don't like the NFL; (NB. Itraz: I am using a semicolon!) don't follow the NFL. I knew from the beginning that he couldn't play end in a 3/4. I did think that he might play a passing down rush end in a 4/3. So I ask Mr. Smarty Donk again, "For what position is he said to be too small?"

The NFL has their ideas of prototypical size. For that, Zuniga is a tad undersized (6'3) when it comes to height. They like the 6'4 to 6'5 player. By that standard, he is below average. The truth? Yannick Ngakoue is 6'2, Trey Flowers is 6'2, Frank Clark is 6'3, Dee Ford is 6'2. I could go on. He isn't really undersized. It depends on who is doing the evaluating which is why some view Zuniga as an OLB in a 3-4 while others see him as a DE in a 4-3. And all of those guys I mentioned are in the 240-265 range as well. I don't understand the below average grade either in his size other than guys have to be prototype to get an above average grade.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Thank you. I do appreciate the answer. Didn't know height was that important. Should have absorbed that by osmosis even if I don't watch the NFL.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Shhhh! Two things not to tell Donk. (1) that Zuniga was listed as number one at the Combine for a 3/4 defensive end, and (2) that most of the top ranked O-linemen were from the Big Ten and the mid-west. Of course, by now he's probably forgotten his screed about Big Ten linemen not making the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you. I do appreciate the answer. Didn't know height was that important. Should have absorbed that by osmosis even if I don't watch the NFL.
Height is less important than weight. He is borderline LB sized.

Height sort of equates to ranginess though, sometimes. NFL drafts on measurables a lot. Too much IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Of course, by now he's probably forgotten his screed about Big Ten linemen not making the NFL.
Link? Please show ke this about Big 10.
Have you lost it all together.

You misread re Zuniga. He is projected as a LINEBACKER in a 3-4 or as the small End in a 4-3.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Link? Please show ke this about Big 10.
Have you lost it all together.

You misread re Zuniga. He is projected as a LINEBACKER in a 3-4 or as the small End in a 4-3.
Just re-read it. It says 3-4 defensive ends. The previous section was on rush ends. The author didn't list him as a rush end. Not going to search the archives. I said that I envied some Big Ten O-linemen ( Wisconsin, I believe) and you said they weren't any good. Couldn't play against DL from either SEC or maybe NFL. I have age as an excuse when memory fails. What excuse do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator